Cannot get Forge + latest Experimental build to play nice

• I was quite a fan of the old IC, dropped out of it when all the update madness got to be tiring, and came back pleasantly surprised to find that IC2 was now in play. But when I grabbed the recommended Forge and the latest experimental build #478, I could not get it to work for the life of me.

I'm using MagicLauncher 1.2.5 and Minecraft 1.7.2, straight vanilla and no funny business, and I also use the TeamExtreme launcher as my laptop isn't Internet-connected all the time. No matter what I try, I cannot get MC to recognize Forge, as the notation in the bottom-left corner that it's installed and has X many mods won't show up and none of the IC2 recipes will work.

Can someone give me a step-by-step hand here? I'm no idiot around computers but it just. won't. work.

• I was quite a fan of the old IC, dropped out of it when all the update madness got to be tiring, and came back pleasantly surprised to find that IC2 was now in play. But when I grabbed the recommended Forge and the latest experimental build #478, I could not get it to work for the life of me.

I'm using MagicLauncher 1.2.5 and Minecraft 1.7.2, straight vanilla and no funny business, and I also use the TeamExtreme launcher as my laptop isn't Internet-connected all the time. No matter what I try, I cannot get MC to recognize Forge, as the notation in the bottom-left corner that it's installed and has X many mods won't show up and none of the IC2 recipes will work.

Can someone give me a step-by-step hand here? I'm no idiot around computers but it just. won't. work.

There is no jar-extracting nonsense now. Use the vanilla launcher (the new one, post-1.6) and install Forge with the provided installer download file from files.minecraftforge.net