Posts by aduncan45

Well seeing as I've been at it for two days straight and have done about a million force upgrades I'm assuming I need to downgrade from 1.4.6 to 1.4.5 unless there's a way to get IC² to work on the newest version of Minecraft.
    And thanks I'll give that a try :)

Please go easy on me I admit I am a complete noob when it comes to computer stuff, and all the terminology has got my head spinning xP But I would very much like to play this game and appreciate any and all help.

Ok so I'm on a macbook 10.6.8
    Just to clarify that I've got the right downloading instructions:

"For playing install the following mods in the SAME order in to your minecraft.jar:
    LexManos' MCForge (Version: 4.1.1*)
    *This is the RECOMMENDED version. You may use different ones, but in that case bugs may occur.

If you want to use IC² v1.81 and earlier, install the following mod BEFORE MCForge:
    Risugami's ModLoader (Only needed for IC² 1.81 and earlier versions)

It's strongly recommended to install these prequesite mods in the listed order onto a freshly downloaded minecraft.jar for optimum results.

How to Install
    First install all mods above, then just put the industrialcraft-2-v1.111.jar into your 'mods'-folder located in .minecraft
    Do not unpack your minecraft.jar.
    Do not drop the whole client or the downloaded archive into your minecraft.jar.
    Do not forget to delete the META-INF folder if you didn't delete it already."

Ok so I've managed to successfully instal Modloader and MCForge, and I keep reading that I need to install ModloaderMP but I cant get that one installed without the game crashing when I try to run it.
    I then put the IC²-jar into the mod folder that was created when I installed MCForge, the game works but its just the regular MC not IC².
    I also read contradicting installation instructions that involve unpacking the IC²-jar , and one said that I was supposed to "first extract the archive to a location of your choice" don't quite under stand what that means so I'm not sure if I did it, and something else about API which I have no idea what that is...
    I've been trying for two days and my head is almost spinning in circles with terminology and contradicting information and outdated information, will someone please help before my head explodes :wacko: