Posts by ProgrammerHero

It is compatible with Nuclear Control ?

It does in fact work correctly with Nuclear Control 1.5.1b. w00t!

It can read the on/off state

Thermometers (analog and digital) work as well as thermal monitors

It can read all three tiers of reactor cores and it displays the correct max heat values

I'm glad you asked, as I forgot to check this, but my reactor code follows the same apis that classic IC² does so this was expected.

The IC² Experimental build is here, beware of possible bugs within!

As of alpha10 Advanced Reactors supports localization!!!
    Localizations are hosted in this public mercurial repo if people want to submit more. If enough people want I could move it to a git repo on github. I would like to open source the entire mod, but I'm using some derivative code from IC² and open sourcing would probably cause licensing problems.

Check here for details of heat capacity values (from alpha 8 onward).

Also, code changes in the weeping coolant cell in alpha 8 made the new (finished) item incompatible with the old one, so the game will delete your old weeping coolant cells when you first load the new version. I apologize for this and will try not to do it in the future.

Introducing the Advanced Reactors addon for IC² 2.x. After numerous hours of nuclear engineering and studying reactor designs, we are proud to bring you the next level of Nuclear Reactors. Maintaining some backwards compatibility (old reactors still function but they are no longer craftable) and adding many new features to nuclear reactors, you will be able to construct many new variations of old reactors to improve things like safety, breeder efficiency, heat dissipation, or even total EU output. An important message from our engineers: The new reactor cores and chambers are not compatible with classic reactor cores and chambers, so mixing new components with classic will not work.

This mod is becoming much more complex than I had anticipated, as such I have to move most of the information off this thread to its own website. Advanced Reactors homepage

Also there have been recent requests pertaining to license, so I am officialy stamping a license on this
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Appropriate restrictions are waived for the IC² team as required by their publishing regulations. If I have personally granted you permission before this license was in effect, then you continue to have permission so long as you respect the new license.

Recipes

Changelog

Installation
    (1) Download and install Forge for Minecraft 1.6.2 (just Forge, no ModLoader required)
    (2) Download the latest version if IC2*
    (3) Download the AdvancedReactors jar and place it in your mods directory.
    (4) Have fun

*Note: If you are using IC2 2.0.194 or earlier, use 1.0.1-exp. 1.0.2-exp updates to IC2 changes that happened in 2.0.195.

I'm having a hard time working with the #281 jenkins build of IC2 inside my eclipse environment. I used immibis's BON to deobfuscate it (like I did with the 147 version) but inside eclipse it hangs when Forge (#639) tries to activate the mod claiming a NoSuchField error.

Conversely, the exact same jar, without deobfuscation, works perfectly fine with minecraft 1.5.1 and forge 639 outside of eclipse. Also, if I package my jar (which depends on IC2) and put it in my mods folder (outside eclipse) it works perfectly fine (but debugging becomes very tedious).

The NoSuchField error makes me think the deobfuscation didn't properly decrypt all of the obfuscated fields to what mcp (7.44) wanted (I can't find what field broke it). Has anyone else seen such behaviour with eclipse+mcp744+ic2? Also, I know the jenkins builds aren't official, so is there a dependency on Forge 640 that I might have missed?

If it failed in your mods folder, try adding the deobfuscated .jar to your classpath in your ecplise run configuration instead.

Also, thinking about this, it may have failed because the META-INF folder inside ic2.jar was not removed. If I remember correctly, the first time I tried it I didn't delete that folder and it crashed on startup.

You can use immibis' BON to deobfuscate the mod, then it will work correctly inside your mods folder in your eclipse environment (or you can add the deobfuscated jar to your classpath and get the same result).

In my development environment, I added the API to my build path, and added the deobfuscated jar to my classpath in my run configuration. It lets you skip the decompilation step thus less probability of error.

That sounds like a bit of a sneaky solution, in that case if you were to use say thermometers from nuclear control they would never tell you the actual heat of the reactor since you're hiding some of it. But it does sound like a valid solution - worth a try.

So for another component, what about making a containment reactor chamber that absorbs some of an explosion? I'm using a de-obfuscated ic2 for reference and I don't see any hooks to allow the chambers affect explosions (unless maybe I just have to crank their blast resistances).

I've been playing around with the ic2 api recently, specifically with an interest in adding more functions to nuclear reactors (and learning the api). I have several ideas for what I would like to try, including new components (which is easy) and new chambers (which is really hard) but the reactors and reactor chambers do not supply the necessary functions/behaviours.

For example: an idea to add a reactor chamber with heat capacity plating built in - this chamber will add more heat capacity than normal when attached to a reactor (with possible negative effects as well). However, the reactor code never asks the chambers for their heat capacity, it uses a single preset value depending only on the presence of a chamber. I would like it to instead query the chamber for its heat capacity. This is a minor change that doesn't affect the reactor's interface so it could be done without any collateral damage.

So I figure there are a couple possible ways to do this:
    1) I could *try* to replace the base classes with my new custom ones (the interfaces will be the same - only internals will be changed).
    **If that's even possible**
    2) I could create brand new classes for my custom reactor+chambers that perform the necessary calculations (but that could get confusing as old reactors wouldn't know how to use the new chambers).
    3) ??? there might be an easier way that I'm missing.

If anyone has any suggestions or can provide any useful information, I would much appreciate it (even if the answer is "this is beyond the capabilities of the api").

I'm mucking around with the API and I want to make some recipes using reactor components but I can't seem to find an up-to-date reference for Items.getItem(). Inside the API lists lots of items but the new reactor components are missing. Is there a way to get the internal names for some of these objects *without* decompiling IC2?