Posts by Trifler

I have no idea what the code for the pump is like, but can't you add an If-Then statement? Something like, IF a pump has space available, THEN extract a unit of liquid. Repeat infinitum. Another possibility might be to have the Pump's send a READY signal whenever they finish working.

Personally, I liked it better when Pumps were standalone units.

Well, keep in mind that IC has a pump machine that will pump lava and put it into cells -- I know it was bugged in 1.0 though, does it work in 1.15?

True. The Pump needs to be able to pump pure liquids if it can't already. If a bucket or cell is placed into the output slot then it should fill it, as per normal IC. If the slot is left empty then it should output the liquid (without visibly filling the slot). In neither case should the pump spill stuff onto the ground, just stop. In this way, if the player puts in an empty bucket, it'll fill it and stop pumping until another empty bucket is added. If the player has Buildcraft installed and connects regular pipes, it'll take empty buckets as input and output filled buckets into the pipe. If a waterproof pipe is connected and the slot is left empty, it'll output pure liquid into the pipe. No artwork is necessary from IC since no liquid output is possible unless Buildcraft is installed.

Actually, since Buildcraft has its own Pump, the most important thing is simply that the Generators be capable of accepting liquids.

Well since the geo-genny doesn't run off pure lava, but lava in buckets or cells. I can't see how this would be implemented. Maybe as an add-on by someone, but never an actual part of IC2.

This is easy to fix. The Geothermal Generator currently accepts lava buckets or lava cells. Adding Lava to the list of things it accepts is all that needs to be done. That and a test run, of course.

Keep in mind that it is only possible to use pipes if you have Buildcraft installed, and since Buildcraft has all of the artwork, IC doesn't have to worry about the artwork to make it work at all.

I'm with the original poster in wanting support for liquid input compatibility with Buildcraft. IC doesn't need to have any liquids added to it or any pipes to carry liquids, just the ability for people who have Buildcraft to use them in the machines without buckets/cells/cans. Lava without buckets in the Geothermal Generators and Fuel in the Generators are the only two we need. Maybe Oil but as long as it takes Fuel I can live without it.

I've been looking around for a while and I haven't found anything on this so I figured I'd post here.

Since uninsulated wire does damage, it seems to me that I should be able to build an electric fence to protect areas from mobs. However, before I begin, I want to know if cables vary in damage or not.

BTW - How do you subscribe to a thread on these forums?

It's an interesting idea that would potentially avoid immense losses. I imagine there could be an extra box added to the UI for each machine that you can optionally put a fuse of some type into. Another option is to make fuses as cable section. My guess is that it would be easier to add one empty box to each machine's UI than to draw one or more fuse "cables". The fuse icons would be needed in either case.

Another possibility is a circuit breaker, with just one circuit breaker for any and all EU/t situations. This would be the easiest to implement but it would remove the chance of losing anything. With the fuses you would still lose the fuse.

Since Generators can currently burn Reeds and Cactus for 125 EU each, and it takes 8 of them to make a Plantball, I suggest allowing Generators to burn Plantballs for 1000 EU each (125 * 8 = 1000). It would be much more convenient to drop a stack of Plantballs in the Generator than a stack of Reeds/Cactus. I'm assuming some kind of automated Reed/Cactus farm here.

Some suggestions to make items more intuitive.

Rename:
    - Advanced Alloy to Alloy Plate
    - Metal Block to Metal Alloy or even just Alloy (It's not a block and it's not a single metal)
    - MFE Transmitter to MFE Unit (It doesn't transmit anything and it would be more intuitive considering it's the same as the MFS Unit, only less powerful)
    - Copper Cable to Insulated Copper Cable (to match all the other cable names)
    - Uninsulated Copper Cable to Copper Cable (to match all the other cable names)
    - Wrench to Bronze Wrench (to avoid confusion with Wrenches from other mods, which don't have Bronze)
    - 4xIns HV Cable to 3xIns HV Cable

- Mining Laser to Mining Blaster (per comments below)