Posts by Shakie666

You don't even need warded stone, I think you can get away with iridium-reinforced stone (if you haven't done any thaumcraft yet). If not them, you'll certainly be alright with iridium-reinforced tungstensteel blocks. Besides, I wouldn't set up this reactor if I thought it was going to explode.

The filter only has damaged cells in it. Granted, I think they're only
    1% damaged, since I made them solely for the filter, but the exact
    damage value shouldn't matter.

The 5440 eu/t reactor I was on about is this.
    Not the most efficient, but 5.67 isn't bad, and HAYO-ish. Even though
    it uses 360k cooling cells, the the number of micro-cycles per cooling
    cycle is the same - 8. It takes 24 cells, so I should need 8*(24/6) = 32
    towers. 3 more than I thought, but I should be able to squeeze them
    into the range of my chunk loader.

The other thing I was thinking is, neutron reflectors aren't exactly cheap, I think i'd only bother with them once I get iridium ones.

Well, I just tried building a DDOS reactor, but I noticed a problem. I have a filter pulling hot coolant cells out of the reactor, with hot collant cells in the filter's inventory. However, I noticed it now pulls out ALL coolant cells, regardless of whether or not they have a damage value. This definitely wasn't happening before, where only cells with damage values were pulled out. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

EDIT: By the way, can I just ask: how do you calculate the number of cooling chambers necessary for each reactor? Do you just divide the excess heat by the cooling per chamber? Or do you have to take into account the micro-cycle time as well? I asked because I want to use the 5440eu/t design on the 1st page, but I am unsure how many coolers I need. It produces 16416 excess heat, which should mean 16416/568 = 29 coolers required. Or is there more to it then that? (In case you're wondering about my fascination with that particular design, I decided I wanted this ridiculous energy setup to be as HAYO-ish as possible).

If you *really* want to be safe, you can use an in-line Item Detector attached to the Retriever pulling items into the reactor. This, in turn, is hooked up to a counter. As items go through the Item Detector, it pulses the Counter. Once all of the cooling cells have passed through, the counter lights up the AND gate to turn the reactor back on. That way, no matter how slow they take, it won't turn on until all the cooling cells are in the reactor.

Don't mean to spam, but I asked on the previous page what such a setup would look like (with the counter attached to the item detector + everything). I repeat it here because i've tried a few setups but none of them seem to work.

If you *really* want to be safe, you can use an in-line Item Detector attached to the Retriever pulling items into the reactor. This, in turn, is hooked up to a counter. As items go through the Item Detector, it pulses the Counter. Once all of the cooling cells have passed through, the counter lights up the AND gate to turn the reactor back on. That way, no matter how slow they take, it won't turn on until all the cooling cells are in the reactor.

How exactly would I do this? I'm a noob at RP and anything redstone-related in general. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean please?

Also, just to be clear, I was only using the redstone setup, not the reactor design. I was actually using the 5440eu/t reactor (just because I can). I changed the counter seen in the vid to accomodate the extra cooling cells.

I would just like to mention I tried building one of these myself, following the guide in the video on page 2. It worked perfectly, except when it came to putting the cells back in the reactor. Using the redstone setup in the video, the reactor came back on before all the fresh cells had been replaced in the reactor (i.e. they were still travelling through the pipes when the reactor came on). How can I make it so there is a longer delay before the reactor turns back on?

Hi, i'm new to the forum, and all I can say is WOW, whoever came up with this is a genius! I never used tekkit, so I never had a chance to play around with the old ice-cooled CASUC reactors, but I've been looking for a way for get more oomph out of my nuclear setup for quite some time. I especially like the look of the plutonium setup, (the one that gives 5440eu/t), but I don't know how many cooling towers i'd need. I don't really mind how many it takes, since they don't degrade or anything, but I don't want to build more than necessary. Also, just thought i'd ask: would using helium cooling cells really be any better than the normal ones? Because they store 6 times more heat, but they also take 6 times longer to cool down. Or am I missing something?

Another small question: what does CASUC stand for? Was just wondering.