Posts by Mike2321

ive been testing some this week while i was sick with the flu. i have yet to corrupt my world or cause chunks to reset as you have stated in the first post of this topic. from what i have seen it is quite stable or at least on my end. later i am going to test my luck and try to teleport a block out past the loaded chunks. and see what happens. its 256 blocks that are loaded in every direction right from the player?

i tried to use your mod as a weapons platform with a nuke... it failed once i armed the nuke lol. any chance this will ever work like that?
    but at any rate im yet to find a block to crash my game. when I started testing i thought that a reactor would crash the game by beaming the core out but it did not.
    seem every thing is well with the mod right now aside from needing black listed blocks to prevent people from using it to make a home of bedrock lol. I cant wait for the next instalment of the mod :D also will there be textures next the next up date? i do find the pink block with sides/top marked all over it funny.

@above

Place a computer down to the left of the transporter, open the computer GUI, type lua, type m = peripheral.wrap("right"), then you can say things like m.retrieve(), and m.transmit() after setting coordinates.

m = peripheral.wrap("right") so with that command it allows me to use all the lua commands for the mod? if so great :D

ok ive got computer craft interacting with the block but i cant seem to make it move things around. am i missing some thing?
    nvm i worked that out

i've noticed that the teleporter does not consume power when moving items i charged it up and unplugged it no change in its power lvl ive been moving a note block around a few times to check. is power usage not implemented yet until the bugs are worked out?

well ive only been tossing ideas out since ive never really tried to interface with out side blocks with computer craft. i have no clue how to make this work with computer craft any one here willing to help teach me how to use this mod and make a program over pm's? i would really like to help bug test this but im clueless to how to make it work any one willing to i would be thankful for.

i was thinking about the signal for a way to increase the range would to have some sort of craft-able booster block that would link with any teleporter. being it can link with any since it would just boost any signal around it it would be built much like a generator that is in gregtech that must not be named. at the base it would have its control block then on top you would place iron fences like an antenna on top of it. each fence block would cause a small signal increase to a set percentage. say a signal increase of 1-2%? per-block but like the magnetizer it can only power 20 fences on top of. it would look some thing like this. since that they would only be-able to to boost 20-40% of the signal 2 could be used side by side to further more boost the signal. they would have a limited range of how far they boost the signal. but much like the wind mill if built higher up there could be a slight altitude signal boost for them. and have a 32 eu/t for a small tower and for a medium tower 128 eu/t and for the full size tower 512 eu/t it would balance things out a bit so people couldn’t just spam them to get unlimited range. just my thoughts on this clearly this is up to the modder if he wants to use this idea.
    iron bars = fence
    adv machine = controller

:Refined Iron:
    :Advanced Machine:

now why limit how many energy storage units that can be connected to it? the current ic2 teleporter will draw power from all linked mfsu's for a teleport if they have it. i see no reason to limit people to 4k on a teleport with this mod. if they have the power to go out 10k or more they should be at least allowed to do so of their own will. like right now on my world i have the power to go about 15k out with your range calculations based on eu and my power generation is from 6 hv solars. i know i would want to go more than 4k at a time.

might i recommend in a future update that you include a remote that can be used to target your self. say if you get lost some where far from your base knowing you have the power to make the teleport it can try to lock on to you. but have it so if your in a cave the signal is weakened by your depth. say if your at bedrock lvl it will be unable to locate you. where as if your at sea lvl it has a ok chance of working much like a tv signal the higher you go the better the signal gets. so if you're on top of a extreme biomes mountain you have a fairly good chance of it working due to how tall they are and the lack of objects around you. trees could also be a factor on how much the signal get back to the device.

im in need of some help im trying to find a reactor set up that can run a full cycle with out any need of buildcraft or redpower. i used to have a set up where i could turn it on and leave it no risk of overload but now in the current state of ic2 it doesnt work. also i lost the set up of it i have been using gregtech's ingame reactor planner but no luck yet any suggestions?