Posts by agentwindbreaker

Global Positioning System / Advanced map

A more advanced version of the normal map, shows larger area as well as XYZ coordinates, also has zoom in/out features. Mobile just like the old map but will use power. Since it's a small screen, maybe something like 1 eu/s when in turned on. For realism it would have a "discovery mode" which takes more power but you need to use to discover more parts of the map, and then a "map mode" where it takes less power and just shows what you've already "discovered". Also since there are not exactly GPS sattelites floating around in minecraft orbit maybe add a launchable one. Maybe also add a constructable signal dish, but that would complicate things even further by needing code for signal strength and all that. (but if that is implemented, obviously the higher the signal dish the greater the area and if you go below too many blocks you lose signal). Not exactly sure how hard this would be too code, but I think it would fit in with tier 2 electronics (or tier 3, but I really dont see a GPS being as advanced as a lapotron crystal or quantum armor)

Recipe: GPS / Electronic Map

:Cable: :Dynamite Remote: :Cable:

:Refined Iron: :Industrial Diamond: :Refined Iron:

:Empty Cell: :Advanced Circuit: :Empty Cell: Note - Dynamite Remote = FreqTrans Empty cells = RE Batteries Diamond = Screen and Industrial diamond can be substituted with a normal diamond.

Recipe: Sattelite Dish
    :Refined Iron::Rubber::Refined Iron:
    :Rubber::Refined Iron::Rubber:
    :Cable::Electronic Circuit::Cable: Ignore the rubber it's just there to try and keep the refined iron from moving to the side of the page.

Recipe: The Sattelite (I highly doubt this would be implemented)

:Solar Panel: :Iridium: :Solar Panel:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :MFS-Unit:
    :Solar Panel: :Iridium: :Dynamite Remote: : Note - Iridium Plate = Advanced Alloy / Carbon Plate Dynamite Remote = Sattelite Dish And if more advanced solar panels were to enter the game they would definitely be the ones that would fit on the sattelite.

To be a bit more specific on the higher tier solar panels, I l did some research on solar panels and apparently actual solar panels have advanced electronics embedded into them so for T2 solar panels it would require electronic circuits and advanced alloys /carbon plates and would run at 5 eu/s but T3 would be advanced electronic circuits and maybe an iridium plate (or advanced alloy/carbon plate) but the high cost would mean something like 20 eu/s. (too overpowered?)

I see what you mean, maybe have a wood-splitting machine that has makes 5 or 6 planks instead of just 4? And im not sure about the coal dust because i have an Equivalent exchange so my 16 glowstone aggregrators give me all the diamonds i need :)

I love the idea, especially beecause you can traverse oceans faster than having to wait for iridium for legins.
    Or you could have several tier boats, like a steam boat bevor you can have a electric boat.

I think having different tiers of boat would be great, as you would start off with a tiny RE battery boat (or coal powered steamboat) but then progress to an energy crystals speedboat and then a quantum hovercraft (can go on land or sea and hovers a few blocks above, powered by lapotron and/or energy crystals)

I have the same problem, im going to mess around with the placement of things and try to figure it out (maybe it no longer accepts fuel cans and theres an extra step?)

EDIT: my problem was that I forgot to put the H. Coal / Bio Cell into an extractor, you might have forgot to do that aswell but otherwise it might be an SMP bug.

Composite BatPack

Basically a combination of the BatPack and the Composite Armor Vest, basically makes you a walking tank with a giant battery (bringing the brotherhood of steel to minecraft?).
    I guess this is kind of similar to the Nano Bodyarmor but this would be acquirable earlier on, and still power electric tools (can the nanosuit power electric tools?), and not use diamonds like the Nanosuit
    To not make it too overpowered and easy to get I think you would first need to make a BatPack and Composite Armor Vest, then combine them with advanced alloys, as well as a possible reduction in the amount of power it stores.

- A -
    A B A
    - C -

A = Advanced Alloy B = BatPack C = Composite Vest - = Insulated copper cable