Posts by Genhellfire

Hello IC2 Forums, long time viewer first time poster.

I Have played with a bunch of tech mods for a while now, Machine Muse being one of my favorites and as such I would like to make a suggestion.
    The mod is coming along nicely and I didn't see this in the To Do list, basically I suggest a change to the shielding mechanic as it stands you trade X (percentage?) damage for Y energy sounds well enough,
    except that it just feels like god mode once you get all the shield modules (quantum suit suffers from the same problem).
    I propose that the shield modules instead add to a Shield hit point pool, so damage is subtracted from this with no mitigation before the damage is subjected to the player and his armor plates,
    so I can tinker the size of the HP each module adds in exchange for weight.
    Further more a shield has recharge rate, so I can tinker faster recharge at the expense of X damage to Y energy efficiency, so at the low end its 1X for 1Y fully charged in 30 seconds at the high end it would be 1X for 10Y fully charged in 10 seconds (just a example), also in future updates when the heat system is implemented actively recharging shields will generate 1 heat per damage regenerated so faster recharge causes a larger spike in heat.
    Lastly a shield just being left on should draw a small amount yet still noticeable amount of energy from the batteries and generate a small amount of heat for the future updates, scales with total shield HP pool, larger pool more drain and heat.
    This will add game-play incentive to use your fancy button mapping feature.
    These features will cause the player to not think of shields as just lighter armor plates and instead create a dualism where they might consider armor plates as a back up, or not if they don't want the extra weight or if they go for really heavy shielding are they going to have the battery capacity to keep it operational for any meaningful amount of time.