I think the mod was not even made so you can get free eu very easily
    (you can do that with over-engineered windmills), it's more like a
    compact power system. If you need burst amount of energy, there're
    better ways to do it.

You don't get any energy at all. All the
    power systems pay themselves off faster. It is unlikely you will play
    the same world long enough for the solars from this mod to pay for
    themselves and get to the point that they become profitable. There is
    never a valid reason to build them as it stands.

Are you whining because of the latest change in Advanced solar panel recipe? If so then before the change was made, why didn't you whine about USP and HSP? they need iridium to make. and ofc you didn't.. because you could spam ASP like crazy.

The previous ASP didn't need any iridium, that's why the recipe was imbalance and 8 ASP was MUCH MOAR cheaper than 1 HSP, if the recipe was not changed, people would rather spam making ASP then HSP, you only need 64 to get 512 eu/t, 640 for 5120 which is enough to get stacks of uum even in GT default mode, I'd probably only make USP if I want that ultimate solar helmet. The guy from mindcrack could have dozens of USP because of the exploit of platinum from rich slag, if there was no any exploit like that, they would need to go IC2 nuclear reactor.

If you are whining about GT 16,666,666 eu/uum; you can always change your config, or just enable the mass fabricator for your 166k eu/uum, I'm pretty sure you can get stacks of uum in a couple of days with only draining the nether or any decent nuclear reactor.

The problem is you people who think the solars are OP. Almost every base energy is production is still better than the solars. The base solars are better than the compact ones. I never complained before because I'd never used the mod before. The recipes, if they have been the way they are, are pointless. Any idiot who makes these solars is a fool and will almost always lose out on power unless you play an excessive amount of time. With GT enabled on default your solars will never in the time you play pay themselves back as it takes more than a real life year per ultimate to generate enough energy to be at the "free" point. An array of basic generators will always outperform any array of solar panels from any mod given a sufficient source of fuel which is a palpable matter.

So if thats too expensive for you, then why dont you just make a Solar Plant with regular Panels? The point of compact Solar Panels is only that you can carry them around everywhere, to set up a mobile Energy Source anywhere (even underground if done right), or just to save space.

Actually it's to reduce the lag monster that is the standard panel.The best analogy I can find for these panels is this:

Exasperation on FTB forums:

"You know, the Advanced Solar Panels maintainer has inspired me with
    their sense of balance, and I've come around to their way of thinking.
    So now, out of the goodness of my heart and in the same spirit of fair
    play as the new and improved Advanced Solar Panel recipe, I'm going to
    make the following offer*, which should appeal to everyone who likes the
    new recipe:

If you send me $1,000, I will send you $2 a year every year for the
    rest of my life. That's free, guaranteed income, that you don't have to
    work for at all! In fact, I'm such a nice guy that I'll let you take
    advantage of this marvelous offer as many times as you like! Send me
    $10,000 and I'll send you $20 a year! You could potentially earn
    unlimited** amounts of money from this deal! Hey, wait! Where are you
    going? Don't you want all this free money?

* Not a real offer.

** Provided scientists discover how to make me immortal.
    "

If you and the creator of this mod think that's a good idea; please take that deal in rl to the point you don't have enough money
    to pay for internet so you don't make mods anymore.

What most people forget about Solars is, that they produce INFINITE Energy for doing NOTHING. You just plomp them down and then you get about 256EU/t on average FOREVER. That's ruining the whole Fun of having a large Powerplant going, as this SINGLE Block, which can even be hidden Underground, will produce more than you need.

And maybe you fail to realize that to make the ultimate panel to do that it requires 450/545 UUM(normal/hard) so 450/545 Million EU. Even if you were running 64 geothermals at 24/7 full up time with 20tps it would take 12.2/15 real life days to produce the first one. Oh and this is all to increase your EU production by about 1/5th or a little lower. Oh and to pay it back multiply that 12.2/15 by 5.

Oh but if you had my mod installed you could just mine the iridium! Yes go mine 64 iridium but don't forget on hardmode it would take total 9.1 BILLION EU to make something that produces 256(less because of rain) EU/t. So for every iridium you mine you can take of 100 Million EU. So much "better" right? Oh let's not forget how long it would take to pay that back. Something like 1.5 real life years of 24/7 running?