Posts by alexthehuman

IS there anyway you can shrink that '2 billions EU' from chunks of LESU to a compact version of it?
    Because IT took lot's of lapis lazuli to do so in 'near end game'

Multi Block Ideas for Greg Tech (External,just for a little bit more fun around generator and making 'coal cokes' efficiently

Here's my idea:

Standard Generator (3x3x3,hollow out in middle) Out:64 EU/t (Accept Charcoal onward,sugar charcoal don't count)

3x3 Standard Machine casing at the bottom
    3X3 Standard again with a hole at the middle hollow out
    3x3 Standard machine casing at the top to fill it up
    Put a Generator in front of the structure and it'll turn into a standard generator

Reinforced Generator (3x4x3,Hollow out at the middle 'two blocks') (accept 'COAL' onward,not charcoal.) Out:256EU/t

Reinforced Machine Casing for the top and bottom
    For the middle two section,fill rest of the space with standard machine casing and leave hole at the middle hollow out
    Then put a generator in front of the multi block structure like the standard generator

Advanced Generator (3x5x3,Most hardest to make,harder than the distillation tower,and probably reinforced generator are more efficent that this one,this one cost a lot of materials,similar format to all above,just a bit more difficult with three hole in the middle.)
    This is definitely end game generator,could automate it with 'Hybrid Coke Oven' which is shown lateron at the page,also with coke oven,but coke oven is slower so i wish someone would make a faster version of it.
    accept:Coal Coke/Coal Coke 'block on the latest update on gregtech' ;Out:1024EU/t

Bottom:All Reinforced Machine Casing

Ontop of the bottom:3x3 Advanced machine casing with a hole in the middle

The Middle section:3x3 Reinforced machine casing with a hole in the middle

ontop of the middle section:3x3 Advanced machine casing with a hole in the middle

The top:3x3 Reinforced Machine casing with NO holes this time since it's the top

Then for the generator,this time USE the 'geothermal' generator and apply lava to it,this could be done by going into the nether and get a big iron tank then pump it in :D

This is probably cheaped you out because it is ultraly easy to make for reinforced machine casing if you have enough material to make it..not too shabby afterall.BUT STILL HARD TO MAKE SINCE IT HAVE 18 ADVANCED MACHIEN BLOCK!!!

External Machine:
    Hybrid Coke Oven-Multiblock structure(3x3x3)It is progressively faster as you add different type of machine casing

Here's the list:

Standard Machine Casing:2% faster each SMC you add to it

Reinforced Machine Casing:3% Faster Each RMC You add to it

Advanced Machine Casing:5% Faster Each AMC you add to it

At the middle,hollow it out and put a coal coke 'block' to it
    then it'll transform into a machine looking 'coke oven'

For the latest update 1.5.2,If you add Coal 'block' into it it'll burn it to a coal coke 'block' as well,and it produce quite a lot of ammount of 'creosute oil' for the semi-fluid Generator

This is a little bit harder to make instead,which you need blast furnace first before you can get the reinforce machine casing to make the steel

Please Reply if there is suggestion to this 'multi block structures Generators,If i copied one of your ideas,sorry,but I didn't look for the whole forum since i don't have too much time. :D :D :D

Multi Block Ideas for Greg Tech (External,just for a little bit more fun around generator and making 'coal cokes' efficiently

Here's my idea:

S----standard machine casing
    R----Reinforced Machine Casing
    A----Advanced Maching casing
    G----Generator (INDUSTRIAL CRAFT 2 GENERATOR, NOT ANYTHING SPECIAL,It looks wierd,but i wish the modder will create this one for the interface of the generator new interface for multi block structure when it have proper format,when it don't have it,it acts like normal IC2 Generator.)
    gG----Geothermal Generator,It requires Lava to run,which is a bit harder and it's ONLY for the Advanced one and it generate far more power than thermal generator,but obviously y'know...harder to make.

The formation are Left-Bottom to Right-Top

Standard Generator (3x3x3,hollow out in middle) Out:64 EU/t (Accept Charcoal onward,sugar charcoal don't count)

3x3 Standard Machine casing at the bottom
    3X3 Standard again with a hole at the middle hollow out
    3x3 Standard machine casing at the top to fill it up
    Put a Generator in front of the structure and it'll turn into a standard generator

Reinforced Generator (3x4x3,Hollow out at the middle 'two blocks') (accept 'COAL' onward,not charcoal.) Out:256EU/t

Reinforced Machine Casing for the top and bottom
    For the middle two section,fill rest of the space with standard machine casing and leave hole at the middle hollow out
    Then put a generator in front of the multi block structure like the standard generator

Advanced Generator (3x5x3,Most hardest to make,harder than the distillation tower,and probably reinforced generator are more efficent that this one,this one cost a lot of materials,similar format to all above,just a bit more difficult with three hole in the middle.)
    This is definitely end game generator,could automate it with 'Hybrid Coke Oven' which is shown lateron at the page,also with coke oven,but coke oven is slower so i wish someone would make a faster version of it.
    accept:Coal Coke/Coal Coke 'block on the latest update on gregtech' ;Out:1024EU/t

Bottom:All Reinforced Machine Casing
    Ontop of the bottom:3x3 Advanced machine casing with a hole in the middle
    The Middle section:3x3 Reinforced machine casing with a hole in the middle
    ontop of the middle section:3x3 Advanced machine casing with a hole in the middle
    The top:3x3 Reinforced Machine casing with NO holes this time since it's the top

I ALREADY lower the price of the Advanced Generator since you don't need 'thermal' one and You need reinforced Machine casing for MOST of the whole structure,and i cheaped out a little bit on the final top bit,for the top bit you need three standard,three reinforced and three advanced,this cheaped out beccause there are standard which is pretty much easy to make if you have enough resource for it.

External Machine:

Hybrid Coke Oven-Multiblock structure(3x3x3)It is progressively faster as you add different type of machine casing

Here's the list:

Standard Machine Casing:2% faster each SMC you add to it
    Reinforced Machine Casing:3% Faster Each RMC You add to it
    Advanced Machine Casing:5% Faster Each AMC you add to it

This is a little bit harder to make instead,which you need blast furnace first before you can get the reinforce machine casing to make the steel

Please Leave a comment Below If you think this idea could improve a little bit better :P :P :P

So now you even tell everyone Gregtech would Lag?!

Gregtech never lags,try convert them to TG(Thermal Generator) IT's more compact and useful with lavas without using too much of them,more easier way and more compact way...AFTER YOU GO TO THE NETHER AND FIND A NETHER POOL OF LAVA OF COURSE!!!!!!!!It would be a waste just to make generator...Waste of iron,go at least get some geothermal one so you don't waste too much of them...but in return you waste...i think not much but some good ammount of tin for the cells....an easier method i suppose along with the ender tank or the liquid tesseract,perhaps with a buffer of an iron tank as well ;)

I agree. Generators seem to be rather underpowered, to the point where I usually go into the configs and set their power output to 32 eu/t to balance them out. At that point, it's actually quite feasible to power a base on generators, as opposed to any other form of powergen.

If you have GT installed,then go to config option,i think you can configure how much base power you want for both Normal Gen and Geothermal one...Well i don't think on 1.5 updates tho since they literally change the whole config thingy up :(

A Machine "control center", in other words?

Ummmm Lapotronic Energy Storage Unit is a multi-block structure i say?
    Although I think It could be a multi block structure that SHRINK down a bit of the size...since LESU is a waste of time building it,
    but not until you build like a chunk of it...You probably able to build a AESU at least at that time...perhaps IDSU as well,And either Fusion Reactor is a multiblock generator....perhaps an ideas of a shrinked size multiblock generator that uses Machine casing....Basic Machine casing-32 EU;Reinforced-128 EU;advanced-512 EU

Oh for god sake Thermal Generator is already for a few machine to work out,why bother too much about multi block structures...Fusion Reactor's a good example but it takes wayyyyyy too long to build it,especially the plasma generator as well for the helium plasma cells......And SINCE the latest update, don't bother too much for the first bit,AND the we need the hammer just to make a iron pick or higher...Stone pick is useless basically...