Posts by masterP

Hello guys,
    I need your help. I have a little Server with my friends and our own ModPack. We want, that every user (that means also non OPs) should be able to use the /tp, and only the /tp command. Is there a mod/way to implement this? Btw. our server runs on forge. Thank you!

masterP. I think that it wouldn't be too hard if lithium was made renewable. I think you should be able to centrifuge it from water. especially since once you set up the reactor, you can breed lithium in the reactor walls.
    Also, chemistry is physics.

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't say that chemistry is physics. I would rather say, that physic is the base of all (other sciences).
    I posted in this thread a Suggestion for base IC² but eventually it would be something for GregTech:

More complex Nuclear Reactors
    With Complex Nuclear Reactor, I mean that you have to build a
    Reactor like a pressurized water reactor with its fuel rods, hulled in a
    Moderator (ex. water), circulating trough pipes (has to be
    pressurized), heating water in another circuitry (unpressurized), so it
    becomes steam, moving a turbine, which is connected to a Generator. Then
    this water has to be cooled down. Even like a real pressurized water
    reactor (I hope I didn't make a mistake in this explanation). I think it
    is to simple to just craft 7 blocks, put in them some cooling elements
    and the fuel rods and then recieving much energy by doing almost
    nothing. The whole reactor could/should be controlled by a "nuclear
    reactor computer" and you have to actually build all the parts of the
    reactor. I know this is maybe hard to code, but I think it would be
    worth it. What do you think? Thank you for reading and answering. Sorry
    for my bad English.

That will not work. tritium basically doesn't exist in nature. I have been gunning for the lithium breeding thing, either breeding lithium in a nuclear reactor, or in special modules in the sides of a fusion reactor.

Well, I firstly thought that this way would be a little bit to hard, but this is GregTech, what is not hard in this mod? But on the other side, it would be much much MUCH more harder to automate a Fusion reactor that runs on Deuterium and Tritium. Thats why I think Deuterium should be put in a Chemial Reactor instead of in the Centrifuge (becaus this would be a little bit more logical (and yes I know that there is no "more logical" and this idea is almost the same nonsense like the Centrifuge, but why not?)) Maybe you have to build a special "Mini-Reactor"-Block that is just for breeding, not for producing electric energy? This special reactor could have a slot for a special Coolant Cell and one for one Mini-fuel-rod and some slots (like 4) for the Lithium (and maybe other stuff) and then run on the fuel rod and the coolant cell long (like 500 conversations). For the Deuterium Production you have to put hydrogen sulfide into the vacuum frezzer and then you have to put the product into a destilator and you get your Deuterium. You know guys, that is why I love this forum. It combines two things that I really love: Gaming and Physics (and yes I know that this part here has more to do with chemistry than with physics).

Greg, isn't it a little bit too unrealistic to get Tritium simply by putting Deuterium in a Industrial Centrifuge? You could change the production by putting Lithium in a chemical Reactor or doing something else with Lithium (in RL you have to let 6-Lithium react with neutrons). Please thing about it and tell me what do you think about this, thank you!

With Complex Nuclear Reactor, I mean that you have to build a Reactor like a pressurized water reactor with its fuel rods, hulled in a Moderator (ex. water), circulating trough pipes (has to be pressurized), heating water in another circuitry (unpressurized), so it becomes steam, moving a turbine, which is connected to a Generator. Then this water has to be cooled down. Even like a real pressurized water reactor (I hope I didn't make a mistake in this explanation). I think it is to simple to just craft 7 blocks, put in them some cooling elements and the fuel rods and then recieving much energy by doing almost nothing. The whole reactor could/should be controlled by a "nuclear reactor computer" and you have to actually build all the parts of the reactor. I know this is maybe hard to code, but I think it would be worth it. What do you think? Thank you for reading and answering. Sorry for my bad English.

Hello (or how we people in North-Germany say: Moin Moin) guys, I am seaching a working Mark I reactor set-up which runs atleast at 400 EU/t (preferably with Thorium and/or Plutonium, but Uran would be also ok). Thank you for reading and helping.

what versions of the mods are you using?
    what is you IC2 configs setting for power output on nukes?

IC2: 1.115.348
    Gregtech: 3.07f
    The config option for power output for nukes is untouched.

What Fallen_dead and Glease mean to say:

The reactor planner has not been updated for any GregTech versions newer than 2.8x. If you use 2.9x or 3.xx, you cannot use the reactor planner alone to make working setups or predict your output anymore. Use the computercube (spawn one in if you must, it doesn't do anything besides being a reference manual anyway) and simulate your reactor there. Or if you fancy doing some math by hand, you can use my spreadsheet in conjunction with the outdated planner to build mockups of potential cooling systems that you can later test ingame.

The reactor planner is still valid for pure IC2 setups, by the way. It's just the GregTech stuff that's changed.

Thank you. Now I understood the problem.

Hello,
    I play since a while IC2. I would not say that I'm a Noob, but I am also not so "pro" with this mod. I found out that I love Nuclear Engineering. My newest reactor has this setup: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…a7fx5oop02et9342hlj6qdwjk
    It should produce 456 EU/t but it doesn't. 260 EU/t is the value I measure with the EU-Reader.
    Here is a picture of my Set-Up (but I do not see an error).

Thank you for reading! I really do not know what is wrong. Maybe I just did not understand the system oder something in this way. Sorry for being noobish. You masterP