Posts by SandGrainOne

My advice as a "skilled" player : Only use Buildcraft for automation if you have NO other choices. (which is definetely not your case)
    Try playing around with the other mods you have and you WILL find better solutions.

Meh, I'm actually the opposite. If it's not possible with BuildCraft, then it's not worth doing. I should probably add that I've still not found anything that I can't automate with BuildCraft. Many things might be difficult, but that's what makes it fun. Using for example AE instead would cheapen the reward.

Buildcraft is depricated. Normal Inventories are no longer Sided at all.

BuildCraft is very much dependent on other mods to implement parts of the API. There are both advantages and disadvantages related to that. It can mean tighter integration and enriched experience for the player, but it also means more work for the developers of the mod and potential failure for BuildCraft if mods stops using the API.

BuildCraft gates have never been able to distinguish input and output slots in compressors or similar inventories like the normal furnace. I personally didn't know that gates were ever able see the upgrades slots as different from the rest either. Sided or not. I simply trusted OP to be correct. I've never really tested it myself because I've never really needed it to be the case.

There are now a lot of alternatives to the logistics components in BuildCraft. Alternatives that might require less work before you have an acceptable integration, but I still hope that the IC2 team will continue to implement the parts of the BuildCraft API where customization is needed and that they find time to make it even better than it was before.

My suggestion in this case would be to either remove the upgrade slots from the exposed inventory or to create custom inventory triggers so that the upgrade slots are excluded.