Posts by AGKz

I like that idea! (Don't know about others, but I can already think of how I would power my base [Forestry tree farm anyone!])
    If I am not mistaken, I believe putting a log (or planks?) in a thermal expansion pulverizer gives wood pulp, which in turn can be turned into paper. Maybe we could incorporate that type of recipe as well? Use the forge dictionary thing and make another type of wood pulp, but give the ic2 wood pulp the traits of above. Then we can choose how we want to use our precious mushed organic material.

Greetings fellow earthlings,

So I am in a little bit of a pickle. I am trying to add a new recipe to the macerator. Simple enough right?

Looking though code and examples I have managed to extract this super simple line of code

Code
    Recipes.macerator.addRecipe(InputItemStackHere, OutputItemStackHere)

Before using this code I could not place my InputItemStack into the top slot of the macerator. After, I can. Expect with a 'little' problem:

Is there something I am missing from my code? Or is this a bug?

I am here to address a problem that can very easily be solved. It seems as if there are threads about GregsTech everywhere. Especially in this category, Add-on Discussion. That is okay though, as that is what this category is meant for. Though, I would like to just quickly point out the description of the Addon Discussion category:

You got questions regarding the creation of Addons or Addons in similar? (This does NOT imply questions regarding one specific Addon.) Post here!

Clicking on that you would expect a category full of coding questions, how to use XClass, or BMethod. Not [Addon Request/Suggestion]: Gregtech Tools Add-On, or GregTech API problem, or, [GregTech] Fusion reactor supply factory problem, or, [GregTech] Why does my stupid-simple thorium breeder pulse off/on forever?, or Fusion reactor nerf?, or GregTech Documentation Task Force needed!, or [GregTech] Centrifuge Recipe Crash[code], or even the "Gregtech Newb needs help."

Just on the first page of the discussion there are more threads about GregsTech then any other thread! I just feel that the addition of a GregsTech specific category would be beneficial for just about everyone. Here are my reasons:

• Cleans up the category meant for the creation of Add-ons
    • Gives GregsTech its own place that can be used for suggestion threads, bug reports, "Gregtech Newb needs help." pages, documentations, etc.
    • Lets people like me help people with API questions, without having to look around GregsTech threads.
    • Ables potential modders to find answers from people that had the same question. (Yes, you can search but sometimes you don't know the question you are trying to answer. If a person can just look down a list of questions, they could find one that pertains to there situation.

I mean absolutely no offense to Greg. Dude, your mod is awesome. So awesome in fact that is should get it's own thread.

This is a win-win for everyone, and I see no negative side effect at all! Yes, it will take a good about of work to move everyone and get everything set-up correctly, but I feel in the end it will help everyone with better organization. (I would also be more than happy to help set-up/move threads over)

What do you think?

I see how they do it in source, by registering a new page. Though the thing that is getting me is hooking into the IC2 page. I know I could probably register the page under the same name, but I am afraid I might accidentally override something.

So my question was does the API have an support for add-on achievements?

:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

Greetings fellow earthlings!

:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

It seems I can just not make up my mind. The website seemed useless and rather difficult for the end person to use. (It is still there if you liked it, but it will be more dedicated to my personal mods in the (hopeful) near future.)

And since I do not like typing, I am not going to do any text tutorials for my own sanity. Though, if you are interested in translating my videos into text ones, I would be more then happy to assist you in any way you see fit!

For any new developers, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend knowing these things before you even think about using the IC2 API:

• Java (Duh)
    • Forge modding
    • Using apis and extending/interfacing other files

If you are good with those, the sky's the limit! (Well, block ids are limited to at most 4096, items being 32000, but other than that!)

All my IC2 Videos get put into this playlist:http://www.youtube.com/playlis…UiMG7xV414FDZCvO7XRGrA7MU

bad-sales-pitch().init

I also post many other Minecraft modding tutorials on my channel, so feel free to subscribe!

If you want any help or need anything specific, please feel free to ask me in any way!

I rather see how do I decompile IC and fix NEI :P

Not sure what the problem is with NEI (I never use it in my dev environments), but if you want to decompile the source code you need to 1) Get the class files out, 2) Decompile the class files

--- Not sure if decompiling is OK or not, so if a moderator wants these details removed, please let me know! ---

1) Download the deobf version of the mod (Here if you are lost: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/)

Then how ever you extract your files from jars (Just like the minecraft.jar)

So me personally I have a mac, so I simply rename the .jar to .zip and use any old archive utility to open it. Windows, 7zip? (Not sure what the best is, but a little bird told me that it does the job)

Once you have the class files, you need to decompile them. Lets get to that:

2) The program I use is JD_GUI http://java.decompiler.free.fr

It is available for mac, windows, and linux. Also on that page is decompiler plugins for Eclipse, Intelli-j, and a online version.
    It seems to work perfect for what I need!

I hope that helps

That's a bit vague. How to we ''throw it into the Development Environment'', if using Eclipse?

Sorry about that. The original post did not ask about that, so I did not go into too much of detail.

If using eclipse, it really is quite simple. Download the api here: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/ (Not so sure about versions, but the latest -=[1.118.401]=- seems to work with 1.6.2)

-=[ This is assuming you are using Forge with MCP ]=-

Once downloaded, unzip the file. It should give you a folder called IC2. Simply drag the entire folder into the src package either in eclipse. If that is not working for some reason, or you are not using eclipse, navigate to "whatever-your-forge-dir-is/forge/mcp/scr/minecraft" and drop the ic2 folder in that.

Refresh and profit!

When you get to the point where you want to start testing things, you will need to install IC2 (the full mod) into your dev environment. To do that go to the same page as linked above and download the deobf (Short for deobfuscated) file of the same version. Put this in the mods folder located at "whatever-your-forge-dir-is/forge/mcp/jars/mods"

If everything went correctly, next time you run minecraft (From inside eclipse) you should see IC2. (Along with those cool new items that were recently added)

I hope that was not to confusing...

Making an add-on does not require the IC2 decompiled code.

To get started here, you should download the IC2 API for the version that you want. Downloads are available at the IC2 Jenkins site. Unzip the file and throw the entire thing into your development environment.

Thats pretty much it. In my experience, you build your mod with IC2, not on it.

I have a quick question that pertains to the IC2 API and the IC2 achievements.

Is there a way I can add an achievement from my custom add-on mod to the IC2 achievement window?

Obviously, I know you can add them to the vanilla Minecraft achievements, I just don't see anything in the API that hints to the creation of an achievement under the IC2 page.

Thanks in advanced