Posts by Dalamar

I'm having the same problem with Modloader trying to load the thermometer mod before IC 2 and It doesn't look like Modloader is loading mods alphabetically at all. Here is my modloader.txt without the thermometer:

As you can see buildcraft-server-A-core should have loaded first and yet it loaded last. It's not an alphabetical order or an inverse alphabetical order. I'm not sure what it is. I tried numbering the mods to force the server to load in a specific order but that didn't help. It still tried to load the thermometer mod before IC2.

EDIT:
    Ok I run some further tests and it seems the archive filename does not affect the order in which the mods are loaded. I tried adding an 'a' and then a 'z' in the beginning of the filename and the load order was the same. This one:

EDIT2:
    Ok this is weird. Placing a '9' before the file name worked. Placing '1' before it and '0' before IC2 didn't, but this did. I still don't see any sorting order but it worked.

That's interesting... You were absolutely right to ask. I went back in and did some tests and I managed to figure out what had gone wrong.
    A). I "succeeded" in improperly wiring both the batbox and the MFE in their respective setups and then when checking for errors to miss both.
    B). I'm guessing Energy Crystals can't power a device directly which is why the setup in the first picture isn't working. That, I did not know.

Funny thing is I wanted to be sure of this before reporting it as a bug and as such I double checked everything. I guess I'm a little more tired than I thought...

Sorry for the trouble everyone.

I tried for the first time today to use a miner and I'm experiencing an issue which I am reasonably sure has to caused by a bug. No matter how I wire the Miner it refuses to receive power (the lightning icon doesn't turn red, EU meter shows 0 EU/t flow on the cable leading to it).

I tried the following setups: Solar flower -> Batbox -> Miner // MFE -> LV Transformer -> Miner // Fully charged energy crystal directly into miner bottom slot

Here is a picture demonstrating the latter setup:

And here one demonstrating the first one:

I have tried using a different miner, moving the miner to a different location, using an OD scanner in place of an OV one and a diamond drill instead of a regular one, powering the miner from the side instead of the top, giving the miner redstone power (just in case it needed it), as well as exiting and reloading to force a chunk reload. Nothing worked.

I'm using IndustrialCraft v1.15 over MC 1.8.1 with

MCForge 1.1.1
    Buildcraft 2.2.0
    Optifine 1.8.1 HD S B1
    Zan's Minimap 0.10.6c