Posts by psionic

Yeeeey 1.7 support, finally !!!
    I told you that Player went to north pole to test some E-net and Nuke algoritms and you didn't belive me :)
    Anyway, nice to see you back Player, and thanks Greg for keeping this alive while Player was away.
    Also thanks to all other members of the crew.

Just... I know how tedious this can be, especially with MC constantly changing, but I would really like to see this done in my lifetime :P
    I mean if E-Net is planned to be reworked...

First of all : don't ask game to be like real life, guys. Ask of it to be fun! And it's fun quite a lot, since I am still playing it, instead of playing some multimilion blockbuster games. Now - on topic:

It would be fun and easy to implement, if they just adopted other's mods power solutions, like redflux or such - copper cable = bigger resistance than silver one, so it can carry smaller number of electric packets. If you want to power on your big machine, you need to connect it to the source which produces a lot EUs per tick, or it would drain the source too quick.. Also - connecting the wrong cable would prevent sufficient power flowing into machine (32EU cable simply can't provide enough for a certain machine block)

Anyways, I loved old EU system - electrocution, cable blowing up, etc... , I haven't been playing "vanilla" IC enough to be able to say what were the flaws on it's EU system...

Another thing I want to say - it seems that Gregorius is making a good progress on the mod lately, I barely see any player's or thunderdark's activity on the Jenkins page... Thanks for not abandoning this mod Greg, I hope others are busy testing their new EU routines on nuclear reactors, somewhere in the ice deserts of Arctic, so they could inject them into this great mod code, when they come back! :D And - if they went to Bahamas instead, forgeting about this mod and minecraft altogether - I hope Greg will carry on the duty of delivering the final version to us, hungry gamers :D

I think this new toy eats way too much power... It's pretty slow, I connected it to CESU storage with adv batpack, supporting it's capacity to 600000+300000, it drains it in a blink...
    Although it drains the power so quickly, the effect is slow. I am better off mining with the standard miner, I get far more stuff in less time. The new advanced miner is very expencive to build (since I like to play it in survival mode, with no cheating, I could experience it's costly price)

It may be better using MFSE or MFS with 4mils - 40 mils EU, but still, it should go way faster considerning the power it consumes...
    Version 2.0.344

Forget all of this :D It's balanced just fine, since it digs a MASSIVE load of blocks, it has to be slow. BTW, you can put 4 overclocking modules to get some speed boost. Be warned though: placing stacked overclocks may freeze the miner. You need to wrench it out and put it again to unfreeze it. I will look some more into this, but I am pretty sure it's a bug with stacking overclocking upgrades. Of course you can put 4 OC upgrades - one in each slot.

First I was thinking that it just consumes a lot of power and doing nothing, then I realised it's internal storage is 4 mils of EU, and untill it's filled, it won't do the work - so take bigger batteries to start with :P OFC, don't forget to power it with the redstone source.

I think this new toy eats way too much power... It's pretty slow, I connected it to CESU storage with adv batpack, supporting it's capacity to 600000+300000, it drains it in a blink...
    Although it drains the power so quickly, the effect is slow. I am better off mining with the standard miner, I get far more stuff in less time. The new advanced miner is very expencive to build (since I like to play it in survival mode, with no cheating, I could experience it's costly price)

It may be better using MFSE or MFS with 4mils - 40 mils EU, but still, it should go way faster considerning the power it consumes...
    Version 2.0.344

EDIT : Scratch that. It's only power hungry 'till it fills it's internal power storage... again, I don't know why so much power is stored inside it - but again - it's maybe better than recharging batteries every few seonds, once it started digging.

EDIT 2:
    Also, I don't know if it's just me, or machine overvoltage blow up is off, I got a reactor DIRECTLY connected to CESU, feeding it with 380 EU/t and that CESU alone, feeds a bunch of machines. They never run out of their internal reserve, all working simultaneously. Thermal centrifuge, two macerators, two metal formers, extractor, canning machine, bottling machine, compressor, induction furnaces... All feeding from a single CESU... I know that E-Net is work in progres, just right now, it's pretty messed up.

I actually use 2 transformers - one from the reactor to the MSU, then a MV transformer, then CESU then transformer. That way I can collect a lot of power into my MSU and use CESU as some kind of temp storage (yeah, charging up lower tier eqipement, too). I could also put two transformers one behind another to lower it to the required tear from the MSU, but I prefer to have that temp storage. In fact, I power a few machines with a single LV Transformer in front of them (whatever is coming into the transformer...) at least, 4 of them can work simutaneously... OFC, transformer upgrade is great tool for saving space.

All this is just a workaround and a temp solution. I don't mind if they left e-net at this current state, but first- it would be a drawback from the original IC, where you had insulated cables, plain cables, one could build a protective corridors with uninsulated hv cables and it seemed more realistic, experience of using e-net would be ripped off and heavily altered (being an electrician myself, that was the first thing that drove me to this mod :) )
    Now all these new cable types, insulation recipes, rubber, EU Reader, etc... became obsolete. They can be used only in recipes, and that is a bit lame excuse to have them occupying a number of precious IDs for other rather useful blocks...

Anyhow, I am sure that they (devs) have it on their minds, they didn't drop it out, they are working on it, I just wanted to know if someone important from the dev team would like to share something more specific about how and when they plan to... uh... finish...the e-net... (don't ban me please, I wasn't asking for the exact release date :D )

I'd say the E-Net is good to go already, especially since the E-net was last touched 35 builds ago (as of time of posting). It seems pretty stable and much more optimized.

It's not finished, else they would have made cables explode with too much current, and electrocution from the uninsulated cables. Since none of this is true - E net is not finished.
    How do I know that ? I posted a bug on Mantis bug tracker about non-existing electrocution and cables not blowing up - got answer - e-net still work in progress. Current build is #260

Hey I know we supposed not to ask for release dates, but actually I just want to know, when do you plan to get on the e-net coding ? What stops you to do so ? Do you want to clean up all the less important stuff, straighten up most of the bugs first, or you simply still develop it ? Sorry for asking this, but I am curious what's happening at the "kitchen" :)

We all have our 1.6.2 stable version for a quite long time, so mods started to get stable, nice and rounded-up. Now, the update mayhem begun once again - 1.6.x updates popping out toghether with the 13Wxx updates which are for the next version 1.7
    I really don't understand what's going on. While 1.6.4 is newer than 13W37 for example, it doesn't include the new stuff present in the snapshot 13W37... Do they intend to keep 1.6.x line alive just to keep it's compatibility with the mods and stuff ? Have we all reached a branching in releases ? What course IC2 will take ?

I guess Forge will be updated along with the new versions, enabling IC2 mod to work on both "branches", but I am not sure about that... If so - why they even need 1.6.x versions ?

While I am happy to see new MC, updated some more (the biggest advantage for me is no more black areas, at least not too much, as before and some improved video settings, amongst a lot of new stuff added), I fear it will push the modding community a step back, as it already pushed texture makers (new textures for a number of new blocks are required, so they need to update their TexturePacks)...

Looking at latest change, "add SemifluidGenerator can use: BC Oil,BC Fuel, forestry Biomass, forestry ethanol"
    Why not rename it into just a "fluid generator" or something like that? "Semi" hints that there are some other generator out there that burns "actual" fluids for power :)

Thanks for the CF info!!!

Semifluid means something that is not entirely fluid, but isn't solid either. Half-fluid... Like - oil, or tar...
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/semifluid

For the battery recipe, put tin wire.

I know all of that. You missed my point. The things I want to know is what are they planning for the future, I see that they want to make this as close as possible to BC - for example, judging it by the latest experimentals. I like the idea - the two mods are complementary. What you miss in BC - you have in IC2 and vice-versa... I see some items not used in the game mod right now - they keep them for the future - like obsidian dust - for example... I would like to know what they will make out of it - like I first said - I want to hear about their plans for the new IC2 v2
    Stuff like that. And I would like to see an updated IC2 wiki, with all the new stuff there...

BTW - I am most troubled with the CF (construction foam) can't figure it out... Anyone has a clue how to fill CF Sprayer ? There's talk about fluid CF in canner, but I simply can't make it, nor I can place empty CF Sprayer or Sprayer backpack in my canner machine's slots...

I am using build 2.0.193

First of all I want to thank the dev team for such a fine release of IC2. It's awesome...

Second - there are a lot of new stuff there... I wonder what are the recipes for some of the new stuff, can I see somewhere how to make existing ones ? It would be nice if we had sticky here with all the recent recipe changes. Later it could be put on the wiki too, when it's final and complete

Also I would like to know in wich direction developement goes. I see no electrocution with the cables, no cable fuses (cable exploding on higher load than allowed) so a few words would be nice about that (if there is no electrocution, then insulated cables are not needed) CF is still a mistery, we don't know what's going to be with that... And there's Silver Dust, Obsidian Dust... We all would like to hear some hot exclusive stuff about this new release, to have some idea what can we expect. This is an official IC2 forum, isn't it :)

Keep up the good work, and good luck finishing it soon...

I just have read some changelogs for the latest #161 build, it seems they are messing around with BC, already... Something about batpack being able to use FluidCF, whatever it means...
    Maybe we should ask them to implement transformators for other mods, I don't know... Seems like good idea.
    Of course, if someone else do it, in case they fail to see the importance of that, it's good. Something tells me that everyone wants to be compatible to eachother, that's why they use oredict - for example...

IC2 Experimental? Because, I'm coding with 1.118 right now... And also, I would but, as I said before this project has become second priority. Lastly, I *might* rewrite this mod since the names are too damn hard to decode... Or just completely go begging on minecraftforums for a team to help me...

Of course, they (experimentals dev team) keep changing stuff and variables in nearly every release, you probably would have to evolve your code along with their progress - on a daily basis... (nice, more experimental stuff to test, 'till my CPU explodes :D)
    I just test their exp builds from time to time, nice stuff, lots of new features, broken ones - too... And someone would have to figure out how to code with the working IC first, then go on with the experiments, i guess...

Actualy you can use geothermal generator to make some EU and power it with a BC3 pump sunken in lava, or you could use forestry electric engines, but actually using transformator is the most legitimate way of transfering electricity. I don't play forestry, don't want the whole mod just to use one machine out from it... That's why I said we need some sort of transformers mod... Plain and simple, not too many features. Only one transformator for each energy tier...

Anyway, thanks for trying to make it work. :thumbup:

In any case, I now have to worry about sooooo.... This project has become my second priority... :( But, I will still be around to do it. :D

You better do it.
    Or I will track your IP, come to you and kick your ass if you don't
    :P

Srsly, we need something like this.
    I can't belive how EVERYTHING about MC is so beta and test phase... I am eagerly waiting for the IC2 v2 patches every day, they just keep popping them up, but still no final versions. So much to do. So little time :)
    I would like to learn JAVA so much, I would like to contribute and make this faster in any way I could... but there is just not enough time for everything I want to do...

I know.
    How to fill them?
    The necessary components are available only in ТС

Yes... Both are non-craftable, aslo in the latest #155
    At the mantis bugtracker , they are reffering to some other typo error in the builds as the source of this bug... I guess I will have to try and correct that error, since the dev team is busy polishing the textures ATM :P

http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=568

143,144 - without the change, the recipe does not work.
    :(
    Maybe there is an alternative way to get the fuel rods for the reactor? Tired of wearing the capsule with lava. 8|

Ok, I can't craft a recycler. Tried with iron ingots, iron platings (hammer x 1), iron cases (hanner x 2), all non-refined, since they are taking refined iron out - and it is not working. Not working even if I give myself some refined iron, either...

Build 2.0.150 - 153, maybe earlier, I haven't tried it before...

Fuel rods are now made at the Metal Former plant, selecting extruder mod (wire), with some iron platings (hammer x 1) inside...

he's prob forgetting the rubber boots. I didn't realize they were part of the hazmat suit when I fist played with it. (well in 1.4.7 it was)

MinecraftSheep

After a couple of 1.401lf IC2 games, I jumped right into experimental builds. Thanks :)