IC² experimental for 1.7.2

• Hey,

I'm new to the forums and I'm not sure if I found the right subforum to post it in.

I am interested in helping out the IC² team to make the current experimental builds compatible with 1.7.2, but I couldn't find the source code anywhere. Is the source not available to the public? I found the git changelog but I couldn't find a link for a git repo.

If you didn't know, forge has officially been released for 1.7.2 last weekend: http://www.minecraftforge.net/…ex.php/topic,16195.0.html

• Official Post

Its likely still rather buggy, and It only got released the other day. Just wait a bit :P

• Its likely still rather buggy, and It only got released the other day. Just wait a bit :P

is this a "no" to the question if the code is available?

I don't doubt that it has bugs, but converting the code will probably still take a while so why not starting now? Forge 10.x has been out there for a while already, just no "recommended" releases :)

• is this a "no" to the question if the code is available?

I don't doubt that it has bugs, but converting the code will probably still take a while so why not starting now? Forge 10.x has been out there for a while already, just no "recommended" releases :)

It's been less than 48 hours! Calm your sweet tits, kid. People have to sleep and eat and shit...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Putting it more politely, updating a mod to a new Minecraft version is more than simply changing the version number. Particularly with the Minecraft 1.7 update, there's a looooot of things under the hood that need to change for a mod (or Forge or MCP for that matter) to become compatible. (This is why it took Forge and MCP almost 4 months to update to 1.7.)
    If player and Thunderdark really want to update to 1.7, and they started on that right now, they might be able to have a build available by the end of the month. But 1) don't quote me on that because I'm not one of them, and 2) that would require them to want to stop everything else they're doing and spend the next 2 weeks doing nothing but updating the IC2 code base to fit 1.7. (And I don't think they really want to do that right now.)

Don't rush the updates, young grasshopper.

• They will probably update it for 1.7.4 instead of 1.7.2.

By the way,

• It's been less than 48 hours! Calm your sweet tits, kid. People have to sleep and eat and shit...

someone too damn stupid to understand simple fact:
    mcp\forge\whatever release does not means that all mods instantly must update.

They will probably update it for 1.7.4 instead of 1.7.2.
    By the way,

You guys have nothing better to do than insult people new to the board?
    Apparently noone of you actually read my post at the beginning.

Putting it more politely, updating a mod to a new Minecraft version is more than simply changing the version number. Particularly with the Minecraft 1.7 update, there's a looooot of things under the hood that need to change for a mod (or Forge or MCP for that matter) to become compatible. (This is why it took Forge and MCP almost 4 months to update to 1.7.)
    If player and Thunderdark really want to update to 1.7, and they started on that right now, they might be able to have a build available by the end of the month. But 1) don't quote me on that because I'm not one of them, and 2) that would require them to want to stop everything else they're doing and spend the next 2 weeks doing nothing but updating the IC2 code base to fit 1.7. (And I don't think they really want to do that right now.)

Don't rush the updates, young grasshopper.

Your 'young grasshopper' has probably wrote more than enough code to know what it means to update programs to a new API. Even if you claim to be "more polite", you are ultimately insulting. Apparently reading the initial post is also not your way.

• The source isn't public and I'm almost certain IC2 devs don't accept random people who haven't proved their MC-coding capabilities in some form to their team.

Though who knows, maybe some of them sees the thread and thinks you might be used in some form ...

• Official Post

The IC² community are kinda used to shooing away noobs (those who are just requesting for stuff and actually not doing anything useful to the community) and they have mistaken you as one. Particularly when you put a link of the forge 1.7.2 release, thats no news for us :3 .
    Anyways, you should prove yourself that you are a somewhat decent coder or something, to even think that the devs will allow you to help them on IC².

• you dont need anyone's permission to code IC2.

download snapshot
    decompile
    fix
    code whatever you want
    post patches (they allowed)

or

download api
    code addons

This thread for me still "noob captain obvious decided to tell IC2 community about some release and failed hard just like all noobs"

• This thread for me still "noob captain obvious decided to tell IC2 community about some release and failed hard just like all noobs"

More like 'another Source Code beggar thinks we don't see thru his shit'... Yeah, funny how we are getting requests for IC2's source seeing as how TE has stated that it's not going to update itself in the near future...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeeeey 1.7 support, finally !!!
    I told you that Player went to north pole to test some E-net and Nuke algoritms and you didn't belive me :)
    Anyway, nice to see you back Player, and thanks Greg for keeping this alive while Player was away.
    Also thanks to all other members of the crew.

Just... I know how tedious this can be, especially with MC constantly changing, but I would really like to see this done in my lifetime :P
    I mean if E-Net is planned to be reworked...