Posts by Luingar

both of you need to seriously drop it. It's not relevant to the thread and the argument will accomplish nothing.
    Back on topic, I really like this design because I can replace a coolant cell, putting it in that empty slot and putting a fresh one where it used to be, thus lowering the heat gain rate.

I've got treecapitator installed, so by far my favorite recycler fodder is sticks. 1 5*5 treefarm provides shitloads of sticks for recycling fodder. i just load it up into a chest and my scrap factory turns them into sticks and feeds them into 4 recyclers. all i gotta do is empty out the scrap every so often and i'm set.

-Electro-Vine

-Tiers 4, 8, 12, 16

-A tough hardy plant that has developed a powerful electrical current as a defense mechanism

-A straight-growing reed. Normally a dull yellow-ish brown, the higher tiers are bluer and whiter with the top tier being a bright neon blue.

-drops cuttings of this plant which can be put into batteries or machines to power them directly.
    Tier 4 can be put into anything and provides the same amount of power as redstone, Tier 8 can only be put into batboxes and above and provide four times as much power as redstone. Tiers 12 and 16 can only be put into MFE and MFSU's respectivly and provide 16X a and 256X the power of redstone, respectivly
    Cuttings can be planted, but will die without some form of plant matter to support it until it's able to support itself (logs, giant mushrooms work, will dissapear once fully grown. 2-4 bonemeal can be used to bring it to full growth without needing a host to parasite off of.

-Electric, Glowing, Thrumming.

-Coming in contact with the vine causes damage per second(1/2 heart for tier 4, 1 heart for tier 8, 3 hearts for tier 12, and 8 hearts for tier 16)
    Tiers 8, 12, and 16 create light, with tier 16 providing as much power as a torch.
    Putting a cable within a 2 block radius of the plant will negate the damaging effect and dump power into the cable (.5 eu/t, 1 eu/t, 2 eu/t and 4 eu/t respectivly) assuming there's a place for it to go. Multiple plants within that radius of the cable will all dump it into aforementioned cable in one large packet in an attempt to overload the cable, so use high-tiered cabling to be safe.
    Nope
    Does not grow normally, must be spread using cuttings.

Scrapbush.
    -Tier 6
    -Requires a metal ore block to be within 3 blocks (on the same altitude) to grow
    -When harvested, drops scrap.
    -Spreads naturally
    -Looks roughly like a sapling, but with various colored bits of metal hanging off
    -The more ore blocks nearby, the more scrap each plant produces, but plants cannot grow on top of ore blocks They can only grow in cropblocks in first place, so the less plants can grow. drop rate growth is logarithmic
    -Gritty, Rusty, Shiny

Lava Vine
    -Tier 9
    -only grows in the nether
    -Harvesting produces cuttings which can be planted to spread it
    -Does not spread naturally
    -Right-clicking with an empty cell fills cell with lava. each plant can produce up to 8 lava cells before needing time to generate more lava
    -Destroying in unorthadox methods (walking on, blowing up, any method besides harvesting it to death) creates a lava source block where the plant was, unless the plant is out of lava (due to lava cell creation)
    -Glowing red bamboo shoots, with glowing bulbs (lava sacs)

Making 1 eff reactors is fun but not very realistic because you wont be able to keep them running without lots of breeders and lots of babysitting. Try this one instead:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10 (note: this may not be the best design yet)

94,17 eu/tick output at 2,5 eff. It can run well over 11 cycles in a row with only 10 min cd between the cycles. So thats almost a mk1 in reality. Now if you want more eu output just build 2 of these thats still cheaper than making a ton of breeders that you would need to keep a 1 eff running.

That one's sexy. I like that
    And i know i said i didn't care about efficiency, but holy christ guys O.O

I was just wondering what the best reactor you guys could come up with in terms of Effective EU/T, defined by http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…co.uk/reactorplanner.html (Maximum possible amount of time spend on without burning up any part, shutting down to cool)

Don't care about efficiency, don't care about how long it can run, I just want to maximize the effective EU/T.

Here's my attempt
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10

Woot! My design. Yay.

Well shit. Thanks anyways guys. And sumerled, since that design was yours and due to your very informative posts, you win the prize. E-mail me at luingar@gmail.com and I'll throw together a compatibility pack for the texture pack of your choice. By which i mean i'll modify the ores and machines and items, aremo and such for buildcraft and industrialcraft so they look nice

So i've been having a bit of trouble making a decent Mark-I reactor. So i'm holding a context (if this is against forum rules, i apologize and feel free to delete this thread.)
    I will make a custom (standard resolution) texture pack and/or character skin for whomever creates the most efficient Mark-I reactor. These will be yours to distribute, keep, modify, or ad.fly however you see fit. However, i reserve the right to use any part of it as i see fit, and i will distribute one copy of the texture pack on these forums. (character skin will be entirely yours)

Rules:
    must not use water buckets or ice
    must be able to run an infinite number of cycles unattended without exploding.
    If any parts melt down, must still be a mark I without that part.
    Operating temperature cannot be equal to or more than 50% maximum (8000 with 6 reactor chambers, +50 for each plate in the chamber)
    Design must be published on http://test.vendaria.net/

Same or similar designs (flipped, rotated 180) will go to whoever posted first.
    Ties in efficiency will be resolved by whichever design uses the least resources, defined at my discretion.

THIS IS A CONTEST IN EFFICIENCY, NOT EU/T.

PS: texture pack will include industrialcraft and (if you want) buildcraft textures to fit.

I think not, because when the batpack's completely empty I still have 2 full armor icons. Fits my theory though, as chest armor=8 points, and 20-8=12 (cuz it's not counting for armor) 12-8=4 (cuz it's actually removing armor)
    4 points=2 armor icons.

Edit- I have not actually tested whether I actually take more health damage though. I doubt it's a purely cosmetic glitch but anything's possible

This is KIND of in your known bugs list, but i have more details and this affects some armor not on that list.
    When equipping either the jetpacks, batpack, or quantum boots (Possible other quantum armor too, not confirmed) When they're empty, they DEDUCT armor instead of adding it, For example

Say your wearing a full set of brand new iron armor. That's a total of 20 armor. Then you take off your chestplate, bringing your armor down to 12. All's good. But then you equip a completely empty jetpack, which brings your armor DOWN to 4.

Fully charged, they work normally (except it seems to be impossible to get a full 20 protection points), and at about half charge, they zero out.

Definitely no satellite, and i'd say no to the discovery/standard modes either. It should function exactly as the standard map, but with zoom features, ability to place markers/waypoint, and the view should center on the player. Should consume about 1 EU every second and should be able to store up to 2,000 EU (33 minutes and 20 seconds)

i think those energy costs are way too much, and i dont think it would be worth it for that

I think they're perfect. I mean, they're a bit higher than the normal teleports, but what we're talking about is a bit more complex too. this thing needs to be pretty small, and also, you get a LOT of energy when you get a couple nuclear reactors running for you, or even a simple solar generating roof, doesn't take long for that 50 or so EU/t to add up.

- Name/Nick: Luingar
    - Account name (For everything everywhere): Luingar
    - E-mail (Best way to contact me): Luingar@gmail.com
    - Timezone: GMT -5
    - Position: Sprite skinner
    - Experiance: These words are links

Other notes: I'm mostly a hobbying skinner which is why those IMVU items don't really have much documentation, but I'm pretty good if I do say so myself. If you want, you could toss me an e-mail and I'll throw together a minecraft character skin of your specification, from scratch, to prove my worth. I would love to be a part of your team.
    If