Posts by robot256

The thermal centrifuge bug was interesting because it apparently worked fine for people with Gregtech installed. So glad they fixed it. :)

Mass fab is definitely a work in progress still, but looks like it will be pretty cool when it's done.

Thanks for posting the iron fence recipe! Do you know if it relates at all to the iron fence you can make in Railcraft?

After you update there will still be a few recipes that don't show up, like to get old-style cells put tin plate in metal former set to extrude, and to get empty nuclear fuel rods do the same with iron plate. This is normal and just waiting for IC2 devs to fix it.

Hello.

I am using IC2 version 2_1.118.401 and Compact Solars version 1.6.2-4.4.1.13.133. When I place down a High Voltage Solar Array and try to attach a glass fiber cable to it, Minecraft crashes and deleted my world. Completely deletes it. I have no idea how to retrieve the world if it's still stored somewhere. It is no longer in my list under Single Player.

I have used this mod before in 1.4.7 and in 1.5.2 and this always worked before. So, is this a bug in Compact Solars or in IC2?

The latest build of Compact Solars works with the experimental version of IC2. I'm not sure which previous version of Compact Solars will work with that version of IC2. Be careful if you consider upgrading to IC2 experimental, since it is WIP and breaks a lot of other mods that haven't updated to the new API yet and might make your whole power system explode.

I just installed the latest Compact Solars build with IC2-experimental build 153 and it works.

I have a suggestion relating to how it interacts with the new energy nets. Since EU are now additive instead of packetized, it would be best to have the panels output a constant EU/t. I'm sure this behavior is a holdover from the previous packetized EU system, but it seems that the LV panels, for example, output 32 EU during 1 tick and 0 EU during the following 3. With the new energy net, this means that if you put one LV panel on a machine, that machine only receives 8 EU on average (as it should, since it takes 8 solar panels to craft it). But when you put two LV panels on one LV machine (expecting to get 16 EU/t, still within LV specs), the machine explodes because it got 64 EU during one tick, never mind the next 3 ticks were going to be empty.

As it is, to get a continuous 32 EU/t into a machine you have to have them combine four of them into an MV feed and go through an LV transformer, which you didn't have to do before.