[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] CompactSolars 4.4

• Build 4.2.0.53 works fine in 1.6.2 The textures don't render right yet but it works just fine so no need to wait ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• The following error is getting spammed in my console log:

Im using compactsolars-universal-1.5.2-4.2.0.53 forge #738 for minecraft 1.5.2. Does someone know a fix for this warning or a way to disable it?

eXtink

• The following error is getting spammed in my console log:

Im using compactsolars-universal-1.5.2-4.2.0.53 forge #738 for minecraft 1.5.2. Does someone know a fix for this warning or a way to disable it?

eXtink

try 85 ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I've tried both 1.6.2-4.3.0.79 and 1.6.2-4.3.8.97 however the names of the solar panels are not nice.
    For instance: title.compactsolars:LV_block.name 650
    Same also for the hats.

This is annoying. Can you fix it?

• The build compactsolars-universal-1.6.2-4.4.10.113 has been working with all the experimental builds i've been tring (does not include the one you mentioned though, but it probably also works).
    Also the current build available compactsolars-universal-1.6.2-4.4.13.125 appears to work correctly. Just try.

• I just installed the latest Compact Solars build with IC2-experimental build 153 and it works.

I have a suggestion relating to how it interacts with the new energy nets. Since EU are now additive instead of packetized, it would be best to have the panels output a constant EU/t. I'm sure this behavior is a holdover from the previous packetized EU system, but it seems that the LV panels, for example, output 32 EU during 1 tick and 0 EU during the following 3. With the new energy net, this means that if you put one LV panel on a machine, that machine only receives 8 EU on average (as it should, since it takes 8 solar panels to craft it). But when you put two LV panels on one LV machine (expecting to get 16 EU/t, still within LV specs), the machine explodes because it got 64 EU during one tick, never mind the next 3 ticks were going to be empty.

As it is, to get a continuous 32 EU/t into a machine you have to have them combine four of them into an MV feed and go through an LV transformer, which you didn't have to do before.

• Hello.

I am using IC2 version 2_1.118.401 and Compact Solars version 1.6.2-4.4.1.13.133. When I place down a High Voltage Solar Array and try to attach a glass fiber cable to it, Minecraft crashes and deleted my world. Completely deletes it. I have no idea how to retrieve the world if it's still stored somewhere. It is no longer in my list under Single Player.

I have used this mod before in 1.4.7 and in 1.5.2 and this always worked before. So, is this a bug in Compact Solars or in IC2?

• Hello.

I am using IC2 version 2_1.118.401 and Compact Solars version 1.6.2-4.4.1.13.133. When I place down a High Voltage Solar Array and try to attach a glass fiber cable to it, Minecraft crashes and deleted my world. Completely deletes it. I have no idea how to retrieve the world if it's still stored somewhere. It is no longer in my list under Single Player.

I have used this mod before in 1.4.7 and in 1.5.2 and this always worked before. So, is this a bug in Compact Solars or in IC2?

The latest build of Compact Solars works with the experimental version of IC2. I'm not sure which previous version of Compact Solars will work with that version of IC2. Be careful if you consider upgrading to IC2 experimental, since it is WIP and breaks a lot of other mods that haven't updated to the new API yet and might make your whole power system explode.

• Hello, i have a question: I want use his mod for my modpack. So i need the permission to use it, but how?

It's not a privat pack, because i build it for my Community and upload this in the HP with links to all Moddev from the mods i use.

sry about my bad english :-/

• I just installed the latest Compact Solars build with IC2-experimental build 153 and it works.

I have a suggestion relating to how it interacts with the new energy nets. Since EU are now additive instead of packetized, it would be best to have the panels output a constant EU/t. I'm sure this behavior is a holdover from the previous packetized EU system, but it seems that the LV panels, for example, output 32 EU during 1 tick and 0 EU during the following 3. With the new energy net, this means that if you put one LV panel on a machine, that machine only receives 8 EU on average (as it should, since it takes 8 solar panels to craft it). But when you put two LV panels on one LV machine (expecting to get 16 EU/t, still within LV specs), the machine explodes because it got 64 EU during one tick, never mind the next 3 ticks were going to be empty.

As it is, to get a continuous 32 EU/t into a machine you have to have them combine four of them into an MV feed and go through an LV transformer, which you didn't have to do before.

I have the same problem, I made a CESU and hooked 4 LV arrays to it and it exploded. I also had the same problem hooking one array and one panel to a batbox. I know this isnt intentional behavior because if i use an equivalent amount of solar panels it works fine. My circuit goes panels->CESU->LV transformer->machines

• I have found a little issue

i am using the following builds

compactsolars-universal-1.6.4-4.4.13.160

industrialcraft-2_2.0.243-experimental

because the newest build from your mod compactsolars-universal-1.6.4-4.4.14.186 doesnt work here is a screen from ingame.

The error apperas only with the old build with the new build it does not connect see the screenshot

Greetz Fanatiks

• I noticed that the HV solar panels show the "sunlight" symbol in their interface at night on my overworld. With four HV and 2 MV solar arrays hooked up to a MFSU (in the latest version of IC2 experimental) the MFSU explodes immediately. There is no problem during the day with this setup; it only happens at night

• I submitted a bug to the IC2 team, was told it was an issue with CompactSolars.

Original Bug report:
    http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=771

Basically, hooking up one lv solar array and one generator to a batbox causes the batbox to explode. My though was that the lv solar array was 8eu/t, and the generator 10eu/t, which is 18eu/t. Less then max input limit of the batbox, 32eu/t.

In response to my IC2 bug, I was told that the lv solar array outputs 32eu every 4 ticks, opposed to 8eu/t. Meaning that on the 4th tick, the lv solar array & generator are feeding the batbox 42eu, more then the max input of 32eu causing the batbox to explode.

This all makes sense, however I am left wondering why? Is this intended to work this way? 32eu every 4 ticks is the same as 8eu every one tick. Other then making it require one batbox for every lv solar array even though its actually only feeding it at 8eu/t.

Again I am left wondering why? Is it a measure to reduce lag by calculating 1/4 of the time? Or...

Sorry if this has been discussed and/or documented elsewhere. I was just left a little confused. Cheers.

• Which build is for 1.6.x? I need answers, MinecraftNotch dammit. I will :Nuke TNT: it up! Just kidding, but plz, whats the number? ~Solar

• Just wondering where I should submit a bug report, if in fact this is a bug, as this forum threat seems inactive.

• I doubt it is a bug. For starters, the LV array is crafted with a LV transformer, which is a device that natively outputs 32 EU packets.

Second, the config setting that allows you to tweak the power output of the arrays already mentions that they don't output every tick.

And finally, Advanced Solar Panels - the other mod that offers compacted-down solar panels - works exactly the same way. The first tier advanced panel generates 8 EU/t but outputs 32 EU packets. It has always done so and even says so in the GUI.

So I'm betting that this is intended and in fact the accepted standard behavior for compacted solar panels. You only notice it now because the e-net changed and you can no longer transmit unlimited power over a low quality cable into a tier 1 storage.