Posts by LinusPhoenix

After about 1-2 hours of wandering around mountains, I got 1(!!!!!) tetrahedrite ore hanging just barely on a cliff. I am one unlucky bitch.
    I might have screwed up some settings of Highlands and/or ExtraBiomesXL since I only found one large mountain biome which had noticably more copper than a normal one, and that was 20k+ blocks from my base away.

At least I got nearly all of the copper for the Bronze Blast Furnace thanks to Forestry's Copper WorldGen! i know it's too easy, even on hard but I want to explore the new features before they are outdated again

Hm, I don't really see how it's possible since the GUI is independent from the tileentity, I will just do the conventional way.

EDIT: Sigh, I can't get it done. I copied most of the stuff off of FrogCraft (I understand the code itself though). I have a dowork method and a canwork method. The dowork method gets called every tick if something is in the input slot for dyes. It then checks for canwork, which checks if there's enough energy (myEnergySink.canUseEnergy(amount)), if the recipe actually exists, if there's something already in the output slot etc. Once it's done checking, the process should begin and the method should not get called again each tick until it's done.

Also: the EnergySink is behaving weird, my energy storage is 1000 and the energy was shown as 1024 before adding the recipe code, now it's 1002.666666...5
    I just don't know. Maybe I am just too lazy or stupid for this.

The woolCount variable in the GUI is always 0 and I can't get it to change whenever woolCount changes :/ so it's always "Wool: 0". When that's finished, I can look into actually crafting things..

I used FrogCraft's GUI as a starting point, so there was a tank in it, and I just thought, why not be able to use liquid dyes or have a little unidye as a byproduct? Might also remove it. I don't know.
    The slots are fine, just the variable in the GUI is not working as intended.

Wool DYEING Plant is correct since it is a machine to DYE wool. A Wool DYING Plant would be a machine in which wool dies. Not cool.

I am really short of Copper in my world, even though I am surrounded by mountains (using Highlands and ExtraBiomesXL), no tetrahedrite or big copper veins anywhere :/ Any ideas? I still need 80 bronze plates for the blast furnace.

Okay, I got the GUI working except one (or two) things. (Ignore the Tank and liquid slots.)

My machine is for dyeing wool and has two input slots: One for dyes, one for wool. There is also a variable in the TileEntity called "woolCount" - wool from the input slot are supposed to disappear and raise "woolCount" (up to a number of 8 ), this is not implemented currently but I ran into a problem before even beginning to do that:

I have a dummy method for displaying woolCount in Chat when rightclicking the machine. When sneaking while doing so, woolCount is raised by 1. Now how can I make the GUI draw the actual value of woolCount instead of just the default value (0)?
    Since it shouldn't matter which colour the wool has and you need at least 4 wool to begin dyeing, I thought the woolCount would be a good workaround. (The conventional way, putting Wool into the input slot and then dyeing wouldn't work, if you have e.g. 1 red, 2 blue and 1 green wool but want to dye all 4 of them.)
    So how can I make the GUI display changing variables?

Here is some of my code:

GuiWoolDyer
    TileEntityWoolDyer
    BlockWoolDyer

Now it gets too philosophical for me :D Either way, I will just play around with it once I have the time.

EDIT: Now everything works, except for it blowing up when the input is too high. Do you need to implement that function yourself or will it be added when you start adding recipes and stuff to do for the machine itself?