Posts by larange

So I'm trying to wire up an elevator for my new mountain lair but I am a complete redstone scrub so I downloaded the redpower pack to help. I've made the set up in the picture (in a separate test world just to make sure I could make it work before tearing up the mountain) and I just want to check to see that I'm not over complicating it or missing something crucial.

The picture isn't very good but it's the best I could do. Thanks for any help.

Upgrade Forge to 1.1.2

Updated Forge then re did it and got this. It says I need Forge 1.1.2 but that's what I just installed. Is there a trick to updating Forge other than just dragging the new files to the .jar? If it wasn't for my world that I'm finally getting happy with I'd just wipe out everything and start from scratch. I'm afraid with a fresh install ID resolver might give things a different ID than before and ruin my save.

I downloaded the new IC2 v 1.23, put the .jar in the mod folder and removed the old version and now MC crashes on start up.

The only change was swapping out the IC2 .jar files from 1.15 to 1.23 and before that it worked great.

Here is the crash log

</init>

I'll just cut to the chase, Better than Wolves v2.98 and IC2 v1.15 have conflicting blockIDs and I'm not sure what to change the IDs to while ensuring it doesn't just end up conflicting with something else. Is there a quick and easy way to see what IDs are used up by currently installed mods or am I gonna ahve to go searching through each one?

Thanks

After writing this I went to the BTW site and someone mentioned the ID resolver add on. Worked perfect, and even fixed peaceful pack too. I suggest you guys mention the add on somewhere in the install instructions or an FAQ somewhere as it would probably solve a great number of problems that people ahve.