Question: Does MC need to be reset to vanilla to update IC2?

• I downloaded the new IC2 v 1.23, put the .jar in the mod folder and removed the old version and now MC crashes on start up.

The only change was swapping out the IC2 .jar files from 1.15 to 1.23 and before that it worked great.

Here is the crash log

</init>

• Upgrade Forge to 1.1.2

Updated Forge then re did it and got this. It says I need Forge 1.1.2 but that's what I just installed. Is there a trick to updating Forge other than just dragging the new files to the .jar? If it wasn't for my world that I'm finally getting happy with I'd just wipe out everything and start from scratch. I'm afraid with a fresh install ID resolver might give things a different ID than before and ruin my save.

• try installing it to fresh jar , that's what i did

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• I'll just do a fresh install and see If I can't save my world from getting messed up.

The only way that the world can get messed up and corrupted is if you had a custom config in there somewhere.

• The only way that the world can get messed up and corrupted is if you had a custom config in there somewhere.

What I'm worried about is the Item and Block IDs. I used the ID Resolver add on to get rid of conflicts and I'm not sure if the savefile that has the list of ID conversions will work by just pasting it in the new install. I guess we'll see.

• ID list is in config folder, if you didnt deleted it , it's safe

edit: yay, 100th post :D

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy