Posts by Sereph

So I was testing my SMP map in SSP when I noticed something interesting: There was oil in my holding tanks. It seems as though the machines DID work in SMP.

So, going back into SMP, I played around a bit. As it turns out, the Oil Materializer IS doing its job when UU-matter is piped in. The matter is being buffered, and oil produced, which IS being drawn out via the wooden waterproof pipe into the tanks. Also, said oil is now being pumped into the Petrochemical generators and I can confirm that they are running.

BUT, and there is a but, I have a definite GUI issue. On the Oil Materializer, I have to revise my earlier statement. When the UU-matter is piped or tubed in, the machine goes to work making oil, BUT nothing at all appears in the GUI. The oil is pumped out, and still nothing in the GUI. I don't know how much oil is in the machine, or how many UU-matter's are buffered. Earlier I stated that manually loading the machine caused the GUI to work and make oil, which I could not extract with the pipes. As it turns out, when I place the matter manually into the machine, the GUI runs, but in fact no oil is being produced, and everytime I log out, that particular UU-matter remains in my inventory when I come back. This would explain why I couldn't get oil when I was manually loading.

Second, the Petrochemical Generator runs. I can pipe in oil or fuel and it churns out EU's, but I CANNOT right click on the generator or the client crashes, which does not happen in SSP.

Also, the NPE I mentioned earlier is in fact a Forge issue, since with a clean .jar and fresh latest or recommended Forge builds without any other mods are all it takes to cause the error, but it does not appear to affect gameplay.

I'm happy, since it works, but I'd rather this addon were more stable. Any thoughts?

Sereph

So I can confirm that everything works perfectly as expected in SSP. No conflicts of any kind. I can open the PCG GUI no problem.

Second point, what I am expecting to happen with the materializer in SMP, is that when I send a single UU-matter through either a redstone tube or cobblestone transport pipe, into the materializer, that it will appear in the gui for a split second before the machine comes to life and converts it into oil. I can understand that the machine would consume the matter before checking for room, but it does nothing. I'm wondering if it might be related to the PCG GUI issue in that maybe the machine is working normally, consuming the matter and making oil, and the GUI is just not updating... That would be really odd though, as I can load the machine with UU manually and the gui updates just fine...

Also, based on the opening paragraph, I should be able to sneak and right click on the PCG and NOT get a GUI, which is working as it should. I did notice one strange thing while doing that though, and that is my targeting reticle turns to a mouse cursor until I do something else. Again though, as soon as I right click on the PCG normally, boom, client crash...

Third point, as for ensuring the pipe is in the correct position for extraction, it is, and it works in SSP beautifully. I can also confirm that server side, PRIOR to modloader starting up, I'm getting a NPE that I never noticed before. But I can still log in and everything is and works as it should, with the exception of my current problem of course. The NPE is due to an exception in "AWT-EventQueue-0," which doesn't sound like it would be related. I'm going to take another look at it tonight. See if it's related to server mods, forge, my savefile, or just plain stupidity...

Thank you kindly for your reply.
    Sereph

I've been testing this addon as a replacement for Power Converters on SMP since that has now been taken over by Tekrush and is now on a purely upkeep development cycle.

So far, I've really been enjoying the addon, having designed a power complex around its systems. However, I've run into some problems that I'm not sure aren't entirely user errors.

First, I've noticed that if I right-click on the Petrochemical Generator, doesn't matter what is in my hand, the client crashes and the server spits out a timeout error, which makes me think it might be a client-side GUI fault. Would modloader complain if I had conflicting GUI's?

Second, with the Oil Materializer, I've noticed some strange behavior, namely that if I attempt to use BC or Redpower to pipe in UU-matter into either top, sides, or bottom, nothing happens. If I send in 3 UU-matter, once I destroy the machine to reset it, I get 2 back, although nothing appears in the machine's GUI.

Next, with the same machine, if I manually load it with UU-matter, I cannot extract the oil with wooden waterproof pipes on any side with either a redstone or stone engine. Hence, for all intents and purposes this machine is useless to me at this time.

I am running latest versions of Forge, EE, BC, RP, IC2, and this addon.

If this is indeed buggy behavior, I'll be happy to write out a full bug report, but as I said, I'm not sure this is not an error on my part.

Thank you for your time.
    Sereph

Greetings and salutations, this is my first post in this forum as I am largely content to read the forum posts and wait for the mod developers to work on their own time without pointless comments.
    However, during the course of my Industrialcraft adventure, I've noted a bug which I have not seen thus far listed in the forum posts, titanpad, or search. My sincere regrets if this bug has been noted and I've missed it.

The bug was encountered as follows:
    Dig a 1x3 hole down to bedrock.
    On one side of the hole, perform the minecraft jump-place-block routine to deploy iron fences straight up.
    At 18 iron fences of height cut out two blocks from side of the hole and place an additional iron fence beside the verticle pole you have just created. These fences should join together.
    At the moment of joining, I partially sunk through the block and began taking what I believe to be electrical damage.
    I had a pool of water placed at the bottom for this purpose, so I jumped off of the iron fence pole into the water and survived.
    However, upon walking over to the base of my pole, I began taking damage, as if the pole were electrified.

I find this to be very strange, as I have no magnetizer attached, nor electric cable, nor batbox of any kind.
    I was able to stand on and touch my pole without damage up to the point where I placed the second iron fence beside the verticle pole and they joined.

I am running 1.8.1, with the appropriate modloader, modloader mp, the mp fix, forge 1.1.1, etc.
    I am running Industrialcraft 1.15 SMP survival
    I do not have TMI or use other inventory editing methods, I get my toys the hard way.

I've not tried reproducing this bug in either SSP or creative mode, however I've been able to reliably reproduce this most curious event in SMP.

Have a good day sirs, and thank you for the hard work put into this mod. Minecraft is incredibly dull without it! :)