Posts by Rick

Low voltage is 32, medium voltage is 128, high voltage is 512 and extreme voltage is 2048. Iam talking about the eu in 1 pulse. You can have 10000 pulses of 20 eu but it will still be low voltage. Pretty much how real electricity works with volt (the eu in 1 pulse) and ampere (amount of pulses) (which is really cool in this mod).

I got that safety system now in my reactor along with 2 other features. I got a stone pressureplate inside the reactor so you can turn it off really quick when you are refueling and something goes wrong. Also i have a lever installed outside to shutdown the reactor. Through there is still a high chance it will blow up when cooling system stops its alot safer already :).

Next step:
    Going to use red alloy tripwires inside the reactor which when broken will deactivate the reactor. Problem is through that there already are wires running in the reactor from the cooling system so i will have to use those wires both for the cooling system and as tripwires. Those wires are connected to a 0,4 timer (pulses every 0,4 sec) so i just have to make something that outputs 1 when the pulses stop. Another advantage of this that you can safely shutdown the timer or destroy the redstone wiring of the cooling system without it blowing up (because when pulses stop it will shutdown). Would be a pretty neat safety system i think.

If this works then most of the blocks around the reactor will have a tripwire running over them and there will be a high chance that reactor will be shutdown when heat goes to 85% of max before it reaches 100% (once a tripwire is gone reactor will shutdown with almost no delay). Atleast in theory that is :)

Iam going to use redpower 2 for this but it could be done with just redstone too i think only containment chamber will have to change alot to make room for the redstone wires.

My pulse to continious converter:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/20111023001954.png/
    Has a very small delay but shouldnt be a problem

Next upgrade will be a failsafe (well dunno if that is possible but atleast 9 out of 10 times) emergency shutdown system for this reactor. Iam thinking of laying red alloy wires (which when broken will shut down the reactor in the reactor containment chamber and use this too: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1907. Currently it will obliviously explode if water bucket cooling system stops to work for whatever reason.

This system could have been so much more efficient. With a few pumps i can prolly generate alot more water than that. Through i rather use redpower 2 to fill the buckets (see link to my water bucket cooled reactor in my signature). They dont bug and crash on smp while buildcraft pipes tend to crash you every 30 sec.

So basically iam looking for a >6000 heat breeder that requires no babysitting. I already have a 4000 heat breeder that requires no babysitting except putting the depleted cells and uranium cells in it but i think it can go faster than 2 cycles to recharge 1 cell.

Rules:
    -No babysitting basically means you can only put your stuff in and get them out when they are finished. No constant coolant swaps. Why? Because iam lazy and i want to automate as much as possible.
    -Needs to be safe (meaning it shouldnt blow up when you are not around)
    -It is allowed to use mods like redpower or buildcraft. It must have smp support through :)
    -Designs under 6000 heat are useless i already got a succesfull 4000 heat design running.

Only 1/4 of the uranium cells will turn into depleted ones. Max eff boost you can get with 4000 heat reactor would be:

1th phase:
    you find 5 uranium
    you craft one uranium into 8 depleted ones
    It takes 4 uranium cells to turn 8 depleted into uranium cells
    This means for every 5 uranium you find a breeder can make 8 uranium cells from it (note here uranium cells cannot be crafted into depleted ones)
    This is 60% more uranium in phase 1

2th phase:
    You use the 8 uranium in the reactor to make eu
    2 of them will turn into depleted ones
    on average you need 1 uranium to recharge 2 depleted ones
    So in the end this means 12,5% more uranium for phase 2

1*1,6*1,125 = 1,8 So after 2 phases a breeder will increase your uranium cell amount by 80% and it will have produced some eu. More phases will increase it even more but only by a tiny amount. It will never be self supporting. However breeding in a >6000 heat breeder will increase this boost by alot. Then you would only need 3 uranium to make 8 uranium cells in phase 1 for instance.

It will need coal and tin but the fact you need coal is compensated for the eu you get from the breeder (1 uran cell at 1 eff will produce 250 coal worth of eu).

Well my reactor is making alot more than 240 eu/tick so it cant be correct what you say. I have it running in a real minecraft world and it makes 590 eu/tick and i tested the MSFU too and it really fills up at 590 eu/tick. So simple conclusion is that that cap you are talking about isnt there.

It would be really weird if it was capped anyway. I mean how can stuff just disapear with no reason? It would break alot of good redstone + mk5 designs. Its pretty hard to design and make such a reactor i made. It took me a full day of designing and make it actualy work on my test world not to mention another day to make it legimately. I already had a ton of mats else it would have taken me way longer.

Its impossible to make endless uranium with a breeder even if the depleted cells would instantly turn into uranium cells. Only 25% will turn into depleted cells so it will always decrease. Nice way to increase your uranium income by alot through :).

My CASUC reactor will need alot of MSFU to store the enormous amount of energy it makes in 1 cycle. Also with a breeder it will have a effective efficiency of like 8 :D. In the end eff is most important. Getting 8 mil eu from a single uranium ore is nice :).

as you possibly not know...

240 is maximum possible output of reactor, everything over 240 is wasted.

Thats strange because iam measuring 590 eu/tick which is exactly what its supposed to make. A strange cap of 240 would break many mk5 designs not only mine so i guess this was removed long ago?

Screenshot:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/20111021192042.png/

I also notice the MSFU is filling up rapidly so it really is 590 eu/tick.