Posts by Sunstrike

That would be for him to discuss, not my place. I only maintain the targetted warning code. That's the max extent of my involvement in Peace of Mind and related.

That said, I agree with the decision to maintain the "unsupported" banner on this; mDiyo and Greg agreed to never be included in the same FTB Pack, I intend to keep the code warning this situation is the norm and we will not provide assistance for GT-containing installations. That's just our policy on the matter.

Questions about such should be directed to the IRC, which is an open place on such matters without the moderation-bias of forums.

The former crash-inducing code is why it's unsupported; any mod which actively pushed back against TCon is unsupported as we don't want to worry about users coming with bugs if such code was ever "weaponised" again. My code is only to make sure we see these reports quickly so we don't waste time we could be using making new stuff or fixing real issues, not mod-interaction issues.

Regarding the new "defensive" measures post-PeaceOfMind;

- We log a SEVERE channel warning during initialisation if unsupported mods are found (people weren't seeing this)
    - We now also add a "TConstruct Environment" entry to standardised crash reports via FML's registerCrashCallable method. This makes sure we see crashes in an unsupported environment as such, even without full logs.

The full code for the SEVERE warning is here and the Callable stuff is here and here

Any questions about those samples should be directed to me rather than Diyo, as they're my responsability to maintain. I can be found in #TinkersConstruct, but not usually here.