About the Tinkers Construct problem (You might got linked from my Dropbox based Ingame Message)

• Thanks for editing the first post Greg. This is the last time we have a discussion in an environment where you can edit my posts to say whatever you like.

• Good, it is about time that we take down Greg's monopoly.
    I predict that in less than a year, there will be another advanced industrial technology mod out there, that doesn't forceably change 90% of the game and "rebalance" almost every other popular mod. Due to almost complete support from the entire world, it will become more advanced than gregtech, reaching and passing Tier 6, while still being reasonably expensive - expensive, not repetitive/boring and expensive.

Doesn't matter which mod comes... That's NOT about monopoly, or about "Fun Factor"...

For me personally, is Greg - Tech more then hardng game. Content will come etc. But speaking about something what ISNT ready, or isnt is pretty funny :D

Like tryings about take down mod, which is already just addon, but have more fans then lot of mods... Together... :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• On a related note, is the code in GregTech that invalidates ore dictionary entries (by replacing it with IC2 scrap) that GregTech doesn't use and isn't affected by, but has been deemed invalid going to be removed as well?

In TConstruct's case, the problem was a simple annoyance from excessive logging. Other mods are deliberately broken by GregTech for no good reason other than to force compliance to Greg's standards.

• Official Post

Thanks for editing the first post Greg. This is the last time we have a discussion in an environment where you can edit my posts to say whatever you like.

Just a note that any edits are displayed as "This post has been edited x times, last edit by "username", "time". "

Can you see it below my signature?

• Official Post

Thanks for editing the first post Greg. This is the last time we have a discussion in an environment where you can edit my posts to say whatever you like.

No one has edited your Posts. Every edit is getting logged, unless the Post owner edits it right after Post creation. Not to mention that shortly after you were gone, I went to bed, so I didn't even have the chance to edit anything. So please don't lie again.

The last time we had this dance, you ended up crashing the game and trying to blame me.

Correction, the last time this happened I caused a crash and the log said, that I caused it myself, because of you doing something.

• I caused a crash and the log said, that I caused it myself.

Software that deliberately causes other software to crash, is known to the Internet communities as Malware. You programmed the software to crash - therefore it is malware. Most of the community is finished dealing with you and your attacks on normal forge mod operations and conduct - and would be more than happy to replace your mod with something better. Unless you want freedom from getting to participate in the popular center of the community, you should "get your ducks in a row", and stop displaying your messed-up sense of high authority at everyone.

• Software that deliberately causes other software to crash, is known to the Internet communities as Malware. You programmed the software to crash - therefore it is malware. Most of the community is finished dealing with you and your attacks on normal forge mod operations and conduct - and would be more than happy to replace your mod with something better. Unless you want freedom from getting to participate in the popular center of the community, you should "get your ducks in a row", and stop displaying your messed-up sense of high authority at everyone.

Protect own work and make things worse is different.

That's not about steps, its about reason.

There's NO mod which can replace GT, as far as ProjectRED CANT replace RedPower... If RedPower2 will be released( as it isnt) at least everyone should come back to RP then PR, because its RedPower, and that name by itself mean you should go back. I saw people like you thousand and thousand times. Thinking then their undead faith will be rewarded, then their trut someone ore their opinion will be heard while say it loudly with hate in his voices.

Here's difference between me and you. I know then doesn't matter what I say. If it's read or not. Because I don't do it for you, or for someone else. I do it for myself. Instead of you, because that, what you do looks like you just want blindly hate something what you can't appreciate. You cant for several reasons. My sight? You want be the one who make something like that.

So, last thing? You can make EVERY mod over world, but if it'll be something whats here now, it shall to die in pain.

Like Ars Magica x Thaumcraft. Pretty good mods at all, but Thaumcraft lead, cause he come with this kind of things first, like RedPower come first with Advanced Redstone, like IC2 come forst with Industrial things...

And, even if here are few people who want to stop Greg, you CAN'T, cause he's part of DEV Team of mod, that'll be EVER in EVERY technical modpack which have some prize :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Therefore fixing mDiyo complaint about people spamming reports of those suggestions as bugs.

Just a small note: before mDiyo seriously started working on trying to stop GT from loading entirely he had had exactly two bug reports in total regarding the oredict logger, neither of what can be seen anywhere on the Internet. Nothing on github, nothing on forum thread. There may have been something on the IRC but considering he didn't even know that GT caused those log messages before several days after discussing methods how to stop GT from loading it's quite evident there hasn't been.

In other words, by using "spamming with reports" is just an attempt to blow things out of proportion and to give apparent validity to his actions.

My point about selectivity still stands, but I guess I'm glad nuclear war is averted for now.

Since oredict logging was added TiC has been the ONLY mod that has had any problems with the log message to my knowledge. Though I admit I haven't really checked all that many other mod communication channels. For a fact TiC has been the only mod that has been brought up in this thread.

The last time we had this dance, you ended up crashing the game and trying to blame me.

A few days before you found out about GT causing those messages you were actively working on stopping GT from loading when it's detected with TiC. You even acknowledged to know that users will get missing ID warning from MC when they try to load their map and you were seemingly all-OK with people destroying their worlds when they still loaded the world up. This was a direct attempt to try to destroy end-users worlds. I'm glad it didn't come to that in the end but you most definitely had a very clear intent on going through with the plan before you found out about being able to unregister the oredict scanner.

Thanks for editing the first post Greg.

As it's clear no one has edited your posts here. Can you point to the posts that you thought were edited or was this just yet another attempt to discredit Greg?

Software that deliberately causes other software to crash, is known to the Internet communities as Malware. You programmed the software to crash - therefore it is malware.

Look up a few lines where I described what mDiyo was planning to do. Crashing with a clear message is one thing, silently disabling GT and making it trivial for players to destroy their world and breaking pretty much the entire techtree and machines is a whole other level of malice.

• Official Post

Software that deliberately causes other software to crash, is known to the Internet communities as Malware. You programmed the software to crash - therefore it is malware. Most of the community is finished dealing with you and your attacks on normal forge mod operations and conduct - and would be more than happy to replace your mod with something better. Unless you want freedom from getting to participate in the popular center of the community, you should "get your ducks in a row", and stop displaying your messed-up sense of high authority at everyone.

This opinion was brought up several dozens of times when the first drama happened, it has been discussed and there are plenty of people, including me, that disagrees with you.
    You can read about it in GT page, after mDiyo's first post. [I'm too lazy to repeat it over and to link]

Basically, crash =! malware.
    Malware damages your computer, steals personal information and such.

• Regarding the new "defensive" measures post-PeaceOfMind;

- We log a SEVERE channel warning during initialisation if unsupported mods are found (people weren't seeing this)
    - We now also add a "TConstruct Environment" entry to standardised crash reports via FML's registerCrashCallable method. This makes sure we see crashes in an unsupported environment as such, even without full logs.

The full code for the SEVERE warning is here and the Callable stuff is here and here

Any questions about those samples should be directed to me rather than Diyo, as they're my responsability to maintain. I can be found in #TinkersConstruct, but not usually here.

• Have there actually been any valid bugreports ( = not about oredict scanner) made to TiC caused by GT besides the ones with the crash-causing version of GT? Looking at github there were exactly zero issues containing the word "gregtech" and similarly there were nothing in past couple of months on the MCF thread.

In other words, is there an actual valid reason for labeling GT as non-supported besides personal grudges?

• The former crash-inducing code is why it's unsupported; any mod which actively pushed back against TCon is unsupported as we don't want to worry about users coming with bugs if such code was ever "weaponised" again. My code is only to make sure we see these reports quickly so we don't waste time we could be using making new stuff or fixing real issues, not mod-interaction issues.

• So you are saying there hasn't been any real incompatibilities between the two mods besides those that were actively coded by both sides?

As for "actively pushing back", how would you define the original plan from mD where he planned to stop GT from loading entirely when its detected?

• That would be for him to discuss, not my place. I only maintain the targetted warning code. That's the max extent of my involvement in Peace of Mind and related.

That said, I agree with the decision to maintain the "unsupported" banner on this; mDiyo and Greg agreed to never be included in the same FTB Pack, I intend to keep the code warning this situation is the norm and we will not provide assistance for GT-containing installations. That's just our policy on the matter.

Questions about such should be directed to the IRC, which is an open place on such matters without the moderation-bias of forums.

• Questions about such should be directed to the IRC, which is an open place on such matters without the moderation-bias of forums.

#TinkersConstruct is definitely NOT the place for such discussions after seeing what was spoken there about a week ago and comparing that with how people were kicked left and right last night for doing pretty much nothing against the rules.

Also, as you can verify yourself, there have been no editing/deleting of any of the TiC developer posts here in this thread where the "official" discussion took part.

As for the mD plan commenting, I merely asked for your comment if it is comparable to "pushing back" that you yourself are fighting against. I didn't ask for you to comment on the reasoning behind it, just what had you done if some other mod tried to do something similar with TiC.

• #TinkersConstruct is definitely NOT the place for such discussions after seeing what was spoken there about a week ago and comparing that with how people were kicked left and right last night for doing pretty much nothing against the rules.

Here's billion another places where talk, isn't?

And I'm think after final search of all my able options then way is go 50 / 50, but ho do that for everyone be happy, thats right question :)

Maybe if Greg - Tech add to his oredict names some translator then ObsidianRod means rodObsidian / stickObsidian, it could be great.
    And mDiyo can totally remove forever his code "Peace of Mind" and everyone will be happy. Until Greg have new chances with newer PC,
    simply write at regarding information what Greg - Tech + Tinkers' Construct now do and put it to BOTH main threads.
    TiC at MinecraftForum and GregTech here...

Everyone will be happy. Greg never touch his mod and mDiyo never again touch gregs mod.
    Who want can use both mods, who won't can use only one of them, or any. This is probably one of most constructive resolve.

And about ALL other community and their maintance and writing at Reddit + forums + irc's etc.
    Thats pretty big spot STUPIDITY of MODFans, don't stupidity of DEVelopers by self or his mod.

End of the line. Transmission. end :D