Posts by Noert

jeez guys cant you read?

v0.17:
    - Added ability to convert BC Energy to EUs when redstone is applied to a coupler

And for that stupid setup: What it's supposed to do? i dont find another explanation other then blow up engine with excess of energy
    By default it converts EU to BC, with redstone(lever pulled) in reverse, BC to EU

And for rotary macerator - you not losing it, you just cant wait for it to be upgraded
    i dropped advanced machines on my server since BC's SMP fixes are way more important than just a little faster machine

And for addon going SMP: HOORAY! and stacks and stacks of UUM for you!

16 towers? 20 windmills? Lategame? LOL(make it double,no triple-capital letter)

exept if you meant lategame as "bored as hell but cant get arse off the (chair/couch/bed/recliner/other kind of ass support)
    4EU per tower? are.you.f***n kidding me?
    make 25 windmills, less resources, more energy , not to mention all that time to craft that shit
    unstable? slightly, still more EU per buck, if unsure make 40 windgens, these outperform your setup any day, not to mention they are easier to expand if you do it right
    for now i run 16 windgens, will expand it to said 40 and see if this will allow me to run massfab indefinetly ;)

justa little correction - it's fission, fusion is donut-shaped reactors in movies ( or Tocamak, which arent actually producing energy)
    fission - is splitting of atoms to get energy (meltdown is essentially an unstoppable splitting, resulting in either melting or thermical explosion)
    fusion - is combining atoms to get energy (IRL currently it produces energy but not enough even to support reaction by which it produces energy)

wireless transfer? this should have just huge power losses, IRL if you transfer it just for as little as 2 inches it would lose about 20% of energy
    for minecraft, maybe less loss but still.. if it would be implemented it should be more of an usability option than energy-efficient one

i think laser-based point-to-point energy transfer is more realistic
    maybe in an enviroment of specially refined glass (based on sandstone low-grade product from scheme in silicon thread) it would have a loss similar or less than fiber optics, cheaper and more expandable, but with cons of being bulky and un-recoverable (glass parts ofc)

i dont think it's news problem
    well-run reactor aint news, it's more of a boredom kingdom (at least from idle observer's eyes)
    tho .. hehe if that irradiated biome were in the game i guess my previous map would have a spot sized half of initial map ))
    quite a few 3Mile's and Chernobyls were there, not to mention large scale nuclear tests (to be exact material resistance tests) MinecraftCreeper

anyway it's a problem of people that have no intrest in anything tv havent shown them (or other idle-laying-couch-like-source)

i'm a little confused about .. chunk of coal? aint it the thingie you compress to get Industrial diamond?
    probly you meant regular coal

on topic: would be great to use those plants somehow since making biofuel sucks economically

has to be is such an ugly word
    i almost never used autominer, it's too ineffective and slow
    i'd rather wander into a cave with trusty batpack, diamond drill and M1 Carbine (have WW2 gunz) than use that thing, expand the network, use it again, goto 2

there's a loads of IDs only if you dont have many mods
    personally i think is silicon should be added then as a sandstone product
    this one is massively underused and sort of can be imagined like silica sand, at least it appears near sand and is more rare than sand
    to compensate for being relatively common block there's always energy costs and cycle like macerate-smelt-compress-refine-etc

i know they were, it was actually posted in bugs 2 weeks ago to make them un-pushable and approved by alblaka

Bug:

3) You can push log with treehole with pistons, creating rubberwalls and similar stuff.
    just imba, make rubber logs unmovable or remove treehole on piston push.
    in current state this allow with set of pistons and some bonemeal craft treehole walls and farm rubber in unlimited amounts.

Reply:

3) Does make sense, i will look into fixing that.

always wondered why there's no radiation, but i guess it's just uses alot of shielding
    RW is actually something working and stable reactor should not produce since waste in RL reactors is mostly depleted fuel rods
    if any waste should be produced it's RWater (slowly converts existing water starting from 80% heat to meltdown probly, whole buch of it on reactor meltdown, not destroyed by it,probly act as efficient as air in cooling) and RGas (starting to appear on 50% heat , deal damage to creatures, mechanics probly the same as methane in FiniteLiquid)
    Actual solid RW should replace the fuel cells once they're depleted exept the case they turn into depleted isotope cells for breeders
    Maybe give use to those waste cells, like efficient amplifier of MassFab? Cant think of anything else right now