Posts by LezChap

So yesterday/last night I made a post about a bug, and said I was going to post it on the bug tracker. I signed up for an account, and it said it was sending me a confirmation email. Well here I am, hours later, without a confirmation email. I've checked my spam folder and everything. I really want to help by reporting the bug properly, but right now I can't...any help?

Downgraded IC2 to build 298 and let my machines run for 15-20 minutes without exploding...they were exploding within a minute or two on 299, so I think it's something Player changed in 299 that's causing the bug. Going to make an account on the bugtracker and report this.

Before I post this to the bug tracker, I want to see if I'm unique in this problem or if we can put our heads together to get some technical information/traces/whatever to submit with the bug report, since there's literally nothing showing up on the logs concerning this problem.

I'm updating my private mod pack my friends and I play on, and before pushing the update to the rest of them, I try to test it for game-breaking bugs and crashes and whatnot. Well in this update, I went from build 279 to build 299 of IC2 Experimental. At first everything seemed to be going fine, then randomly my machines, which were working and running fine, started exploding one by one. Right now I'm running my machines off an MFE and insulated gold cable. Each machine has enough transformer upgrades that they shouldn't explode (Macerators, Ore Washing Plants, and Electric Furnaces have 2, and the Thermal Centrifuge has 1). Well, after they exploded I went into creative and replaced them, breaking the cable under them and putting in the correct number of transformer upgrades in the machine before replacing the cable to prevent explosions...and they didn't explode immediately upon placing the cable, so I thought all was good. I walk away for a minute, and one by one they slowly start exploding again. Baffled, I walk up to one of my machines that hadn't exploded yet (an electric furnace), and peeked inside. The transformer upgrades had vanished!

I'm guessing the electric furnace, which was on a HV line without any transformers, hadn't exploded yet because there wasn't a block update when the upgrades disappeared. All these machines are hooked into my auto-processing system, so whenever I have something that fits into them, it'll get auto-inserted, causing it to block update and realize it needs to explode. To test this, I spawned in some Iron Dust, placed it in my network so it'd auto-insert into the electric furnace. The dusts went into my furnace, and it ran for a second or two before exploding.

Is anyone else having this or similar problems with the latest build? I didn't see anything on the bug tracker (yet). Can anyone help get more technical data on what's going on to help the devs track down this bug?

Sixteen overclockers, because it would do 1 process per tick. But you probably have to supply more than 512 EU/t for that much energy consumption though.

My replicator took 17 and stopped processing on the 18th overclocker...however, there is no way, without the devs allowing the replicator to accept transformer upgrades, for you to provide the replicator with enough power to run anywhere NEAR that number of overclockers.

There's a work around, but it requires babysitting your machine.

edit: Sorry for the multi-post. The forum kept throwing me 502 errors and I didn't realize it was posting...mods, please delete the others, I removed as many as I could.

Sixteen overclockers, because it would do 1 process per tick. But you probably have to supply more than 512 EU/t for that much energy consumption though.

I believe mine took 17, and stopped working on the 18th. However, there is no feasible way to supply the power required to run 17 overclockers (even if you had an unlimited supply in multiple MFSUs) without the Replicator being able to accept a transformer upgrade *pokes devs*

I believe mine took 17, and stopped working on the 18th. However, there is no feasible way to supply the power required to run 17 overclockers (even if you had an unlimited supply in multiple MFSUs) without the Replicator being able to accept a transformer upgrade *pokes devs*

Yeah, I've been watching Direwolf's Forgecraft 3 series...which Pahimar and Player designed the modpack around not allowing for any instant item teleportation, and increasing the costs of automation (like 10x the default power requirement for AE)...it's interesting, to say the least...and while I might enjoy the challenge, for a short period, I don't think it'd fit in with my playstyle long term.

Now disable Mystcraft and Ender Storage in your modpack...

Mystcraft? Who needs Mystcraft when there's massive oceans to quarry out?!? (Plan is to install Mystcraft into the pack this weekend to next week.) As far as getting rid of Ender Storage...are you crazy?!? I use that for everything from keeping my nuclear reactors and boilers supplied to quarries to cleaning my inventory while adventuring and exploring to creating wireless lossless power transfer...and the that's just with a world a week or two old! :P

mustangdood

I'm using build 279 currently, but my pattern storage held about 20 patterns...at least, that's about how many things I found were scannable up to a few days ago.

Then again, all the patterns vanished for no discernible reason as well...one day I log in and they were there, the next they were gone.

I'm finding the real hold up on producing Iridium in the Replicator is the speed at which the replicator consumes the UU Matter, and not the power consumption (as long as you can produce enough power in the first place). It's also requiring babysitting your Replicator for max production.

UU Production speed may be another holdup...but I got something like
    800 buckets worth in a couple nights using scrap produced from 600k cobble and 700k planks...granted, I also had a reactor maintaining an almost constant output of 6400eu/t (auto-replacing the fuel rods may have decreased that number for a second here or a second there) split between the whole UU fabrication and utilization setup I have. Still, I don't see UU Production as being the problem, other than having to maintain a few quarries 24/7 to keep up the scrap for it.

I'm playing on IC2 Experimental, and trying to make things out of UU with the replicator...I'm a few builds behind the latest due to playing on a server with others, but I didn't see anything on the Jenkins affecting Replicators, so I figured I'd come here and post.

Right now I have more than enough power to run my Replicator...in fact, doing an expensive recipe like Iridium, I fill up the required EU in less than a minute. I did notice when setting up the replicator, however, that it wouldn't accept Transformer Upgrades (I was going to run it off a EV line from a nuclear reactor). One problem I noticed, however, is it takes forever to consume the 42 buckets of UU Matter to make the recipe...I think I'm at 5 minutes now and it's only at 50%. I tried to speed this up with overclockers (looks like it maxes out at 17 and stops processing at 18), but that doesn't help much, and results in a lack of power due to being unable to supply it with higher than an HV line. Is there any better way to speed it up?

I know these expensive recipes are supposed to be resource intensive, and time is a resource...but this just feels like you're waiting for no reason.

Oh, a little more testing while writing this post and 17 overclockers seem to be decently fast (little over a minute processing time) but I have to wait to put them in until the EU required for the recipe is filled, and that means babysitting...I personally dislike babysitting my machines. Anyone got any ideas? Does OpenPeripherals come with some functions for the replicator to detect when the required EU is met?

One thing I wish the Replicator's GUI did, which it doesn't right now, is have a hover-over of the material selected that displays the name of the selected material. That way I can be sure it just doesn't -look- like Gold Ore that I'm replicating, but it says so as well.