IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• I apologize if this questions has been asked and answered. I attempted to do a search on the question, but found no suitable responses. So here goes.

I understand that the ore washing plant uses water to process crushed ore into a more efficient form. Is there any way to automate the water intake process? I am quite tired of filling up buckets and running them back to the machine. So is there a way to automate or a more efficient method of water delivery to keep the machine running constantly? Thank you for your time and answers.

• I apologize if this questions has been asked and answered. I attempted to do a search on the question, but found no suitable responses. So here goes.

I understand that the ore washing plant uses water to process crushed ore into a more efficient form. Is there any way to automate the water intake process? I am quite tired of filling up buckets and running them back to the machine. So is there a way to automate or a more efficient method of water delivery to keep the machine running constantly? Thank you for your time and answers.

With Buildcraft, you can pump water in. I have 1 Buildcraft pump over a basic 4 block infinite water supply, that can pump enough to keep a high pressure boiler (railcraft), an ore washing plant, and a canning machine fully supplied with water. It's powered by 3 redstone engines, and uses gold waterproof pipes (that is required).

• Official Post

Bit on the wrong thread, Sirus? :P

Hence why I moved it. It was the thread I had opened and I didn't look at the thread name xD

• Overclockers on replicators increase the speed they consume liquid UUM to replicate whatever recipe is chosen, at the cost of more EU per replication.

you wouldn't happen to know the limit would ya? (of overclockers that is)

• you wouldn't happen to know the limit would ya? (of overclockers that is)

Sixteen overclockers, because it would do 1 process per tick. But you probably have to supply more than 512 EU/t for that much energy consumption though.

• Sixteen overclockers, because it would do 1 process per tick. But you probably have to supply more than 512 EU/t for that much energy consumption though.

I think I'm supplying 8000eu/t to my mass fabs. Im not sure it seems to handle 10 transformer upgrades fine make makes 1 uu per minute or so.

• haha well doesnt matter anyways. I might be feeding it more then 8192eu/t anyways. Im not really sure how much energy Im feeding off it. Im using universal cable and it makes 1 UU every 15-30 seconds

• Sixteen overclockers, because it would do 1 process per tick. But you probably have to supply more than 512 EU/t for that much energy consumption though.

I believe mine took 17, and stopped working on the 18th. However, there is no feasible way to supply the power required to run 17 overclockers (even if you had an unlimited supply in multiple MFSUs) without the Replicator being able to accept a transformer upgrade *pokes devs*

I believe mine took 17, and stopped working on the 18th. However, there is no feasible way to supply the power required to run 17 overclockers (even if you had an unlimited supply in multiple MFSUs) without the Replicator being able to accept a transformer upgrade *pokes devs*

My replicator took 17 and stopped processing on the 18th overclocker...however, there is no way, without the devs allowing the replicator to accept transformer upgrades, for you to provide the replicator with enough power to run anywhere NEAR that number of overclockers.

There's a work around, but it requires babysitting your machine.

edit: Sorry for the multi-post. The forum kept throwing me 502 errors and I didn't realize it was posting...mods, please delete the others, I removed as many as I could.

• And lithium and tritium cells?

i discovered that i can get lithium dust by putting quartz on a thermal centrifuge. But what then?

• Probably a "feature pending future enhancement", AKA it's not yet implemented ;)

As far as I have heard, a lithium cell put next to a fuel rod in a nuclear reactor will turn into a tritium cell, but that one has no use I've heard of yet.

• Question: is the result of transformer upgrades in machines capped?

In other words, if I insert enough transformer upgrades into a machine to bring it to 8k EU/t allowance - the highest rating supported by cables and EV transformers - will I be able to add more still? Will I be able to go to 32k, then 128k and so on? Or is there a cap at 8k?

• Question: is the result of transformer upgrades in machines capped?

In other words, if I insert enough transformer upgrades into a machine to bring it to 8k EU/t allowance - the highest rating supported by cables and EV transformers - will I be able to add more still? Will I be able to go to 32k, then 128k and so on? Or is there a cap at 8k?

Just tested using the world I have the insane MOX Reactor set up on. I hooked up 5 MFSUs to cabling, and piped it into a Macerator with 4 upgrades in it. It blew. I then tried again with like a dozen upgrades. Still blew. Hoping for some luck, I switched to a Mass Fabricator and gave it a dozenish upgrades. It blew. Looks like the most a -machine- can accept is 8,192 :(

• Official Post

Just tested using the world I have the insane MOX Reactor set up on. I hooked up 5 MFSUs to cabling, and piped it into a Macerator with 4 upgrades in it. It blew. I then tried again with like a dozen upgrades. Still blew. Hoping for some luck, I switched to a Mass Fabricator and gave it a dozenish upgrades. It blew. Looks like the most a -machine- can accept is 8,192 :(

Your best bet would be going to IC² Exp 303 (latest build) where explosions due excessive wattage (power, EU/t) are disabled.
    http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/303/