Posts by Anarack

I'm no expert on logs so i'm not sure what is causing this but I think it might have to do with Biome Generation so try taking out any mods that add biomes and see if that fixes it.

Hey people this has nothing to do with Gregtech but I thought you should see this anyway... Today I decided to see how many Atomic Science large turbines I could hook up to
    a 36 LP.(36 block low pressure steam boiler) Well after the fact I came to the conclusion that they are extremely op when used together. Here are my results.
    NOTE:This is most likely not the maximum output with this system. This is just the result after

Large Turbines: 31
    UE power out: 2.88 MJ
    Estimated EU out: 14,388 eu/t
    Normal RC Turbine:224 eu/t
    Percent increase:6400%

NOTE: I have no idea of what the UE conversion ratios are so I had to find it out by timing how long it t took to fill and MFSU and doing some math. So if someone wants to do a better conversion feel free.

You can also use the bronze blast furnace. It only takes two (char)coal, too.

Unless you mean enable steel normal furnace smelting? There is a section pretty early in the DynamicConfig (unless it's changed in recent versions, haven't regenerated in some time) called blastfurnacerequirements. Turn the boolean for steel to false. At least that should be it. If this is the case, with all due respect, you disgust me...

Edit: This thread moves very fast sometimes...

Edit2: Also, railcraft's blast furnace.

You can also use the bronze blast furnace. It only takes two (char)coal, too.

Unless you mean enable steel normal furnace smelting? There is a section pretty early in the DynamicConfig (unless it's changed in recent versions, haven't regenerated in some time) called blastfurnacerequirements. Turn the boolean for steel to false. At least that should be it. If this is the case, with all due respect, you disgust me...

Edit: This thread moves very fast sometimes...

Edit2: Also, railcraft's blast furnace.

Well good sir I was mainly asking if there was a way to do that because 1 I wanted to use UE early game, which Gregtech makes it all but impossible to do.
    2nd I really didn't want to go through the bronze age for the 3rd TIME THIS WEEK!
    Edit: quotes...

To bad looks like i cant use UE for early game stuff... unless greg adds a config for it

Jesus, what a marvel!

Which parts are you talking about? I thought stainless steel was the only thing giving people a hard time, and the industrial grinder only needs normal steel. If you want to make things easier on yourself, Ctrl+f in the dynamic config and search for harderrecipies. A default easy config like forestry's doesn't really exist.

Is there a config for energium from diamond dust, by the way?

You change this line in the Dynamic config to false.
    B:energycrystalruby_true=true

Oh that, Minecraft is bugged in that regard, it doesnt actually change the Volume when setting it. Only if you disable the Sound it will reset somewhat. You need to restart Miencraft in order to switch Volume. Bug Mojang to fix it since they didnt do that for 1.7.4.

Oh, didn't know about that thanks for the fast answer.

One test is left. Use a Conveyor Cover with "Export allow Input"-Mode on a non-extracting ItemDuct.

15 and 100% of what? Are those Sounds too loud or what? I normalized them before copying them from IC², but they were not that loud. Breaking a Block of Grass is louder.

Of the sound option in the minecraft options menu.
    EDIT: In comparison there seems to be a much bigger difference in volume between say 8% and 9% than 15% and a 100%.
    EDIT: Well breaking a block of grass is a lot quieter.

All right new lesson in Gregtech house building, don't put you ore progressing room under your storage room.
    Also two questions.
    1. Why dose there seem to be a difference between 15% and 100% Sound with your machines... ,maybe its a feature to make you get the muffler upgrades faster.
    2. What ores, if any, spawn in TC4 Magic forest biome?

Edit: Can you also not make it if you have sevrol of the same machine going can you make it so that you only hear one set of that machines sound going?

Quoted from "Anarack"

Quick question with the latest Gregtech/IC2 EXP is it intended that you can use Processor Circuit Boards in some recipe's in replacement of, I think data control circuits or energy control circuits but i'm not sure what the original recipe was.
    Yes, what else should those Boards be for?

Thanks was working on a preemptive component making system, to get around the problem of staring into a GUI waiting for things to finish, and saw those recipes and wanted to make sure sobecause they were different from what I remembered.

Quick question with the latest Gregtech/IC2 EXP is it intended that you can use Processor Circuit Boards in some recipe's in replacement of, I think data control circuits or energy control circuits but i'm not sure what the original recipe was.

Hey Greg just ran into this bug in my world.
    When putting magic bees void capsules in a high pressure steam boiler i get insted of empty void capsules I get buckets back...

EDIT: I have not tested in the latest Gregtech and magic bees so this bug might of already fixed.