Posts by Nonotan

The resource cost is much more noticeable in vanilla IC2 due to lack of proper tesseracted item transportation and the fact that you actually have to mine tin and copper and can't just cent lava.

Non-renewable reflectors do cost quite a lot per EU, though. That's something you should keep in mind.

- Green Sapphire: Why?

To differentiate it from Blue Sapphire. Magnesium is also what makes it green IRL.

You have it as per recipe instead of per gem.

the ammount of EU needed is fine (maybe even too low). once you got a certain number of reactors (for me it was 4) you dont have this issue.
    but i AM actually complaining about the ammount of cobblestone needed. an 11x11 chunk area is quite large, yet it doesnt give me enough cobble to make quantum armor.

You either have an outdated version of IC2 where Scrap gave several orders of magnitude less amplifier than intended, or are exaggerating. Cobblestone also is not supposed to be scrapped (if you recycle it, it never produces scrap). There's a recycler blacklist. The cobblestone blacklist is a GT feature ~SpwnX

Ok, installed updated Unidye in SSP, the crystalliser is pretty awesome; here's some feedback about the GT recipes:

- Ruby/Sapphire Recipe should take Aluminium Dust (dustAluminium) and not ingots
    - Green Sapphire can be differentiated by requiring Magnesium Dust as an input
    - Coal recipe should accept Carbon Dust (dustCarbon) instead of cells now
    - The GUI progress arrow is slightly misaligned
    - Industrial Diamond should require 64 coal dust, or you'd get extra coal back after processing it, which makes no sense.

Recipe times should be changed a bit across the board a little for balance and consistency:
    - Ruby: 180s
    - Lapis: GT un-centrifuging recipe instead of blue dye, 80s
    - Coal: 10s
    - Charcoal: 10s
    - Eye of Ender: 150s
    - Red/Yellow Garnets: 80s
    - Ender Pearl: 150s
    - Sapphire: 150s

To be honest, if the Chromatic Generator were to be implemented, I vastly prefer the initial suggested implementation over any world-scrapping (not because I came up with it). Quarries are bad enough for the world as it is.

For the early game when only a few dyes can be produced in significant quantity, the EU/t and EU/dye are rather low, but it's enough to keep a small number of LV machines running off a charger. They also can't be effectively automated without significant infrastructure in the form of AppEng (three precision export buses) or two GT retrievers (I suppose four hoppers + chests also works, but you will pretty much have a 3x3x2 multiblock 32EU/t that only outputs from the top or bottom, and require manually filling four different chests with specific dyes), so 32 EU/t for sixteen dyes + unidye is quite balanced. It would be useful in its own right but not displace any form of conventional power generation (because really, if a 1152 EU/t generator happened, you would just set it up 4k blocks away and abuse the shit out of its staggering output and completely skip an age.)

Whoa that was fast lol. I didn't think you already got around to implementing it, much less having both ideas as different blocks.

Make sure to code a block blacklist(or whitelist?) into it, or you'll suddenly find bedrock turned into scrap and a chunk-sized hole at the bottom of the world. I suggest blacklisting bedrock and all tile entities by default.

There was no flaming, and the conversation basically went like this:

You: "A"
    Them: "Not A, I don't like it"
    You: "Then B? You could also do A like this, which is much easier than how you are currently doing it."
    Them: "NO A SUCKS I WILL DO WHAT I WANT"
    You: "Then do B? There are also options C, D, and E."
    Them: "A IS BAD, SO IT'S NOT GOOD, AND I CANNOT DO A"
    You: "You're ignoring what I said."
    Them: "YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR BEING AN ELITIST"
    You: "WTF? Just do B, or any of the other options."
    Them: "I DON'T WANT TO DO B I WANT A EXCEPT EASIER"
    You: "But A is easy, you're doing it wrong."
    Them: "STOP FLAMING ME"

You should understand why I lost patience halfway through.

We could totally call it the "Chromatic Generator".

"Sucks the color straight out of dyes and returns worthless scrap!"

Not on a computer with MC right now so I'll have to improvise, but here's my idea for the GUI layout:

16 dye slots on the left (maybe colored to match the dyes?), and an unidye input slot as well as scrap output slot. 1 EU/t per filled dye slot, and output doubles if you put unidye in (maximum of 32EU/t, consuming one random colored dye and 1 unidye if available every 50 seconds. With all 16 colors each dye achieves maximum efficiency of 16k EU, whereas with only one dye type (say cactus green) you only get 1k per item.)

Is there an option to insert unidye into a wool dyeing plant to output a random piece of colored wool, or plans to add another use for unidye (maybe a dye-based generator with 16 slots for colors and one slot for unidye, and generates EU based on how "colorful" the inputs are? 1 EU/t per dye and consumes a random color every 1000 ticks, and if unidye is used makes double output but always consumes one unidye in addition to the random color.) What about adding unidye as a scannable material for the UUM production route?