Posts by Zaio

Then nobody will use water anymore because you have to babysit all the time to replace the water block or having tons of pumps from every possible angle to remove the waste.. If this comes ingame it should only happen at meltdowns it should not happen with a perfectly functioning reactor.

Well i didnt say this would be exactly like a pump, maybe when linked to a reactor/chamber it will check blocks around the reactor in a 3x3 for radioactive waste then remove it

That would break many reactor designs

How so? If the pump-type block removes the radioactive waste block instantly then the water source blocks would just refil that slot, the pump wouldn't necessarily have to be next to the reactor itself, but one of the chambers.

I'm not really sure if this falls into the denied suggestions ideas since this isnt radiation nor radiation steam, however if it does then delete this thread.

My idea is every so often the nuclear reactor would corrupt some water around it into radioactive waste which must be removed or it will drasitcally heat up the reactor. It could be removed with a buckit or a block similar to a pump from a miner, which would store it into radioactive cells, theese could be destroyed in the recycler or by some other way (cant think of a better way) or they could be used similar to a lava buckit to heat up the reactor, or they could be emptied into a buckit to be used to make mob traps, anything inside the radioactive waste would either be mutated or damaged, an example is if a pig enters the waste it turns into a zombie pigman, in the same way lightning morphs pigs.

Of course it seems like this is all a downside so why would anyone want radioactive waste? Well it might also be usefull, with the pump you could instantly remove it so it doesnt really have a downside if your water source blocks are high above the reactor, so you could use the radioactive cells to heat up the reactor, usefull for breeding uranium or getting the heat up cheaply (since it is a renewable source) for increased EU/t. It would act like lava in the aspect it flows slowly and doesn't travel far, as well as it cant be made infinate with 2 source blocks.

Another idea is a radioactive cell could be mixed with a rubber sheet to form a radioactive sheet, it would slow things a bit more than rubber and damage anything that walks over it.

If radioactive waste is in direct contact with wood it will slowly erode it, like fire. Maybe it would do the same to stone, so something like obsidian would be needed to contain it in mob traps.

Many thanks, NPEs are easy to fix once you have a full errorlog showing up the exact line of the error :3

Np, will this be fixed in the next update? Quite a severe error since it doesn't just crash the server, it will do it again if the server is restarted so it requires a backup :/

Mind providing the crashlog? Otherwise i coudln't possibly imagine why that's happening. Exspecially since miners shouldn't be supposed to be capable of mining cable in first place.

Here is the error when the miner is started:

2011-10-24 17:12:12 [INFO] Woozels joined with mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.1, mod_IC2 v1.23, mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr2b
    Woozels joined with mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.1, mod_IC2 v1.23, mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr2b
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mineBlock(TileEntityMiner.java:293)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mine(TileEntityMiner.java:233)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.h_(TileEntityMiner.java:68)
    at eh.e(World.java:1121)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at ce.run(SourceFile:417)
    2011-10-24 17:14:02 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mineBlock(TileEntityMiner.java:293)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mine(TileEntityMiner.java:233)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.h_(TileEntityMiner.java:68)
    at eh.e(World.java:1121)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at ce.run(SourceFile:417)

Hi, i just created an account to share this seemily pretty severe bug.

If a miner is active in SMP and is being powered by cables from below, it will crash the server and the server will require a backup. Not sure if this has been posted before but i could not find a similar thread, so...