1.23 - Miner and cables

• Hi, i just created an account to share this seemily pretty severe bug.

If a miner is active in SMP and is being powered by cables from below, it will crash the server and the server will require a backup. Not sure if this has been posted before but i could not find a similar thread, so...

• Mind providing the crashlog? Otherwise i coudln't possibly imagine why that's happening. Exspecially since miners shouldn't be supposed to be capable of mining cable in first place.

Here is the error when the miner is started:

2011-10-24 17:12:12 [INFO] Woozels joined with mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.1, mod_IC2 v1.23, mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr2b
    Woozels joined with mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.1, mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.1, mod_IC2 v1.23, mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr2b, mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr2b
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mineBlock(TileEntityMiner.java:293)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mine(TileEntityMiner.java:233)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.h_(TileEntityMiner.java:68)
    at eh.e(World.java:1121)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at ce.run(SourceFile:417)
    2011-10-24 17:14:02 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mineBlock(TileEntityMiner.java:293)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.mine(TileEntityMiner.java:233)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityMiner.h_(TileEntityMiner.java:68)
    at eh.e(World.java:1121)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at ce.run(SourceFile:417)

• Many thanks, NPEs are easy to fix once you have a full errorlog showing up the exact line of the error :3

Np, will this be fixed in the next update? Quite a severe error since it doesn't just crash the server, it will do it again if the server is restarted so it requires a backup :/

• Official Post

Just fixed this bug, WILL be in the next public version, fragging one line of bad code = 5 hours of debugging...

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Just fixed this bug, WILL be in the next public version, fragging one line of bad code = 5 hours of debugging...

That sounds all too familiar... I haven't done Java in a long while but even being able to step through the code I had one project (.net, I forget which language.. they're all semi-identical) that took me a few hours to nail down one little problem.