Posts by MineHippie

Quoted from "baturinsky"

There is one like this - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/4884…ppelin-031-wip/

Sadly, SSP only yet.
    Yeah, used this mod once, but furnaces, redstone and such dont actually work while flying.

You must not have seen zeppelin in a while. It has come a long way and can do most of that now. But beyond that, have you seen this mod

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…isions-preview-vid-added/

PhysicsCraft is a game changer. It will make RedPower frames and zeppelin look juvenile by comparison.

I have this theory about enchantments and potions. And this seemed like the place to tell others about it without starting some stupid ass flame war on the minecraft forums.

This whole potion, enchantment, and ridiculous End dimension are for the other platforms. Mojang wants those other platforms bad. It equals big, quick cha-ching with minimalistic effort. But the one big, amazing, makes the game worth playing, option is mods. Well if you are a player on the Xbox 360 you can't get player made mods. The option simply doesn't exist. I remember this from Elder scrolls: Oblivion. I had friends that played it on Xbox while I had it the PC. I would taunt them terribly, "Did you get that amazing new sword, quest, armor, etc.? Oh yah you didn't cuase you play on the Xbox." Well it's the same thing here. And that's why the potions and enchantments feel like slapped together mods. Cause they are. They're a bone Mojang is throwing to a whole community that is left out in the cold. Those jack asses playing on the wrong platform won't know the glory of IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, Mo' creatures, Red power, and on and on the list goes.

So take heart my crafting brethren. Don't worry yourselves about this ridiculous additions. We can mod out the crap we can't stand, or change it, or whatever. It's the other users that don't know what they are missing.

Oh, and my two cents for what to do with the XP. How about a 'cloning' chamber to make mobs. And you have to infuse them with 'lifeforce' you gathered from other mobs in battle. That happen to take the form of those orbs. Just an idea.

Damn. That turned into quite the post.

At first glance I thought the idea silly.

But when I thought about it this could be useful. An answer to someone elses suggestion to a cloaking device. Not exactly cloak, but a disguise. Turn your industrial city into a mountain.

Don't worry about that kind of stuff. Eloraam and her RedPower 2 is going to add a ton of good stuff like that. sensors of all kinds and other machines.

Don't get me wrong Alblaka is great. But there are other modders too.

So I ran into a little issue with the new generators. Charging of batteries can only be done one at a time. I understand that this is probably an issue with the new way energy is done. But if more than one battery is placed in the generator none of them charge unless all but one is taken out. So I don't think its a bug exactly, just the way the generators are now. Would it be possible to either make it possible to charge more than one and have the charged one spit out into a chest placed right next to the generator? Or have the generator give a redstone signal when a battery is fully charged. Then we could use BC to automate it.

What make things more complicated, but it is kinda logical.

And/or how about extra insulated HV lines? Or an extra block for rubber to act as insulation for HV lines? Like a flat plate like redpower's panels to cover redstone circuitry. Just made of rubber.

Not at terrible idea. As long as you mean hand crank, not hand held.

We did after all have bronze before electricity. Would make a good kind of middle ground between IC and Better than wolves. Which I would like to see a few "middle ground" devices between several of the MCForge compatible mods.

But maybe that middle ground stuff should be done by someone other than the 4 greats.

The 4 greats being Alblaka, SpaceToad, Flowerchild, and Eloraam.

(I bow respectfully and shuffle off) :P

The great master of IC has already brought up the possibility of robot/droids for IC2. So I have a few ideas for their implementation and kinds.

What if the crafting of droids was done by crafting their individual parts and what and how they are put together decides what robot you get. The individual part would be kind of expensive using a lot of circuits and advanced circuits of course. And then the parts would go in the crafting table like so.

H
    TBT
    L

H = head
    T = tool
    B = body
    L = legs

Their could even be multiple levels for the parts. An easy to craft head that ends up with a robot that works, but is inefficient, and an advanced head that does it job well. A couple of tiers of body bases that have varying levels of power efficient; simple body robot doesn't last too long without recharging, advanced body stores a lot of power and so last a long time. The legs could go something like; 1st tier treads- moves slowly, 2nd tier two legs- moves pretty quick, 3rd tier spider legs-can climb walls. And then the tool decides what kind of robot it is. A grabber arm for a robot that just collects dropped items, so you can mine with your mining laser and your robots go and pick up all the dropped ore. A mining drill for a, you guessed it, mining droid. Chain saw for a lumberjack droid. And so on. This way your robots work together too. Mining droid just mines and needs the gathering droids to get the stuff.

Forget movecraft, it's all about blakmajik's zeppelin now. That's got the greatest potential for having IC stuff work on a moving ship. Right now the stuff can move but doesn't work while the ship is moving. But when you stop and join the world again stuff works again. But blakmajik is making improvements all the time, very regular updates. But an IC ship would kick ass. Force field generators on a ship would just be epic.

This suggestion only really applies if the high voltage cables are similar to the way they use to be. If it's not handled in the same way then just disregard all of this. :P

Rubber armor that protects against high voltage damage. We have already been told about rubber boots that protect against fall damage. Why not complete rubber armor. It shouldn't give much protection. About like leather or even worst. The whole point would be high voltage not any other damage.