Posts by DrKsax

The new design of mine was inspired by my previous simple design and Rick's reactor forum thread (I never had a look at his actual reactor in minecraft, just some screens)
    This new design supplies around 4-6 buckets per second to the VERY hot reactor. It is practically previous design, just MUCH bigger, but it fits on a single chunk (size 15x15) so instant load of reactor possible.

It is extremely efficient and don't need cool down time.
    It is also more expensive(not by much more), but i haven't counted all pieces used to create it, but i will, and later remake it legitly.
    The additional mods was used for BC.
    Bucket Filler and Additional Pipes was used to make this design and previous one, without it, design would be impossible to make.

Bucket Filler provides bucket filling, obviously.
    Additional pipes providing sorting, extracting and inserting. (No teleporting pipes used)

Note: This is the biggest possible design, any more efficient design are to dangerous and would make system to complex to make sense.
    Another Note: Not a single feature of redpower 2 was used.

The schematics file will are already here!

More Pictures

The reactor design are modular, and made with a similar parts, and can be changed to be less powerful(and dangerous).
    All designs parts was made and tested by me. So it is entirely my design.

Few other notes.

Reactor lags and will lag, if you not gonna use optifine, otherwise minecraft gets unplayable.
    A single mistake in system can call a rapid explosion, if a bucket leakage occurred, system will shortly run out of them, and again will explode. Attempt to make a safety system to prevent it failed, due too fact that reactor didn't want to burn wool block fast enough.
    There are more then 3 stacks of buckets spinning in the system.
    System was partially and entirely redesigned 6 times in total.
    The giant arrays of redstone engines are necessary to keep bucket filling rate fast enough, otherwise this design would explode shortly.
    Not a single buffer chest used, system cannot afford them, since they slowing it down.
    Only input bucket chest there.

Currently it most powerful CASUC non stop reactor.

>Schematics File<

Schematics have reactor running at 794 Eu/t for safety reason, but you can put extra uranium cell in to increase output to 820 Eu/t, but it is not very recommended.

Installation Instructions

:P

I happy to discuss this reactor.

I didn't say it impossible to make your reactor legitly, just said hard. Tho, it still requires ALOT of resources to build, compare to my. Since the whole set up around reactor pretty cheap in my case. I can count up resources which would be used to build. Also I gonna use few of them in my legit world, since my systems currently and slowly runs out of my main resource. And without it I can only charge tools, from the solar system. No talk about generating matter....
    65 Eu/t are a pretty big number compare to non CASCA reactors which working non stop, and make a 2 reactors and you getting double, also I may reduce amount of redstone engines and get ride of some components in reactor, it should reduce price, and make it even more accessible. But it rises a little risk.

Well, your reactor design are good, I have nothing against it, but it have to be pasted, since it is pretty hard to rebuild it from scratch. And it does take much more space. My design aimed at being compact and easy to build. So ones you done, you can just leave it running, until uranium runs out. And again, it is BC based. And works perfectly legitly. (No need for tons of TMIed ice)
    I do enjoy redpower (logic rules!), but it latest additions are seems a bit odd to me. There are good, but I expected BC to have them first. (Seriously, why SpaceToad didn't made them before? Even if a additional part of BC, would be so much more awesome. I feeling odd about it.)

Tho, so aims of designs here is different.
    I giving a pretty EU efficient reactor set-up design with zero baby-seating and small size, you giving a monster which will supply massive power, but hard to build and needs RP2.
    Tho, buckets in masses getting expensive(Tin are now rare for some reason), how much buckets in total you have?

The point was not to use redpower. Due to problems it causing with chunks beeing unloaded AND it's world module requirement, which turns landscape in to something unwanted.

Also this design can be builded legitly in SMP, the other one you gave link, possible, but very hardly.
    Tho, unwanted features can be disabled in redpower in config, but still.

Hello guys, this is my first post/thread here, was reading for the long time this forums and always wanted to post something, but wasn't doing it for some reason.
    So I presenting a practical water bucket cooled MK2 Reactor

Mods In Use:
    Bucket Filler
    BC 2.2.4
    Additional Pipes

Details used to make reactor set-up: (Resources Doesn't Not Counted, only finished products)

And yes it is SMP compatible.

Reactor output is 65 Eu/t
    Not much, but doesn't require TMI and baby seating! And mostly safe.

Pictures:

Yes, system are compact, but it needs a heating up time, due too fact that redstone engines need time to heat up and start working fast enough, to refill buckets at a rate supplied by the reactor.
    Also, a note engines block(big, bulky thing) must work synchronously, otherwise no boost in bucket refilling speed, which can leave reactor dry...
    Overflow cannot occur, the amount of buckets are equal to amount of the slots available for them.

On a set up, purple pipe are for checking if filler have bucket already if slot are taken then it will go to waiting loop, until slot are available. The same thing is impossible with reactor tho...
    The compact water supply set up, consist of very closely packed system, diamond pipe there plays a role of router, sending empty buckets to the filler and filled one to the reactor, it is pretty simple.
    Tho, advanced wooden pipe used at the reactor, to check for the empty bucket, and if it there, it takes it out and sends to the filler.

As you see set up simple and fairly cheap, and can be easily made in SMP with appropriate mods installed.
    It also can be used as a breeder reactor with just little change.

Note: Cooling system in the reactor made only to assist buckets cooling, you cannot relay on it.

Sorry, if my sentences hard to read, this is not my first language, and i am a bit lauzy writer.