I agree, many of the things that Cheap Shot's idea involves could be done mostly with already existing IC2 and MC machines (furnace, macerator, compressor, extractor, perhaps even the cauldron and brewing stand), and therefore should not need to use any extra block ids. Item ids it would use, but those we don't care too much about
How are you attempting to decompile it? JD-GUI and fernflower fail, but I had success with jadretro and jad (which MCP use by default). jadretro has to be applied first, then jad, but it seems to work.
I just used fernflower to decompile and used mappings to help me understand what the obfuscated things are. Annoying, but not too hard.
I'll attempt to fix up the discharge code to work as it originally did.
Feel free to decompile and play around.
I have patched all known bugs. Fixed builds are attached.
This requires an updated server mod (in this post). The previous update's server component is incompatible with this update (I bumped the version — the bug allowed infinite use of the electronic thermometer).
The attached version should work with Forge 1.2.2 and 1.2.3.
Please post if you have issues.
Here is a Bukkit port of Moriarty's server code. I've tested it, though not all that thoroughly.
Anyway I noticed a bug: the thermometer and advanced thermometer items don't define an item name, so searching is broken in TooManyItems/NotEnoughItems. I will try to fix.