Posts by Blood Asp

If you need texturing to be done, I'm in.
    However I noticed you use 32x32 files for your armor icons, so, are you planning on using the 32x32 resolution or 16x16 one for them ?

I scaled them up to 32x32 to test if it works without problem and forgot about that. xD
    There seems no problem with them, so you are free to choose the resolution you want.

About the GUI. I plan to redesing the Gui so, that all values can be clicked through with arrows. There are so many values, showing them all at once is not possible. Also a fluid tank slot will be added soon and the higher tier armors will have more slots.
    I also thought about making it possible to open the GUI per hotkey and changing beween the armors without unequipping and closing/opening the inventory. Maybe a different texture for every part(helmet, chestplate,..)?

The textures i need currently are:
    Icons and model textures for all 4 parts of the basic modular armor(leather with metal plates sewn on top). And soon textures for the first electric modular armor (exoskelleton with lots of the texture transparent).

Oh, right. The electric armor will also need an HUD overlay to show some stats like energy and shield status.

Ouch. The basic armour has around 1000 uses, meaning you'll lose 5 plates in average before it breaks. That hurts especially with expensive plates, I guess one needs to get leather, a ton of xp, some unbreaking books and he'll be set.

Considering an Diamond armor has only about 500 durability. Being able to use 50% of 1000 dura on an early game armor should be plenty...
    Later on, expensive plates should be expected to be installed in better armors. The second electric armor will likely also have a way for autorepair.

Or some repair enchant, if you can use them on the armor.

Hmm... magic assisted repair or tech assisted repair, interesting...
    Allow us to use TC magicky for whatever stuff would be fun too.

Put a fire focus on your armor to protect yourself from fire and make anything you attack/hit you catch on flames

I have many ideas for cross mod support, but thats one of the things for the future. How about some productions that can only be done without gravity in Galacticraft space stations? :D

Long ago in GT4 era, there was a thing that existed called Sugar Coke and Cactus Coke. They were weaker than charcoal, but they were good. I'd like to see them re-added!

I remember sugar coke in MRF, but not in GT... Should it be still wanted in a few weeks, i could maybe add this behind a config.

Let's think about that : one could put his goggles of revealing inside a special slot that could be introduced into the helmet slot, that way the helmet will not take damages but it's enchant will no longer apply.
    Why would their enchants stop working? Let's say you do the same with the boots of the traveller, I could put down a haste III boots of the traveller inside a special slot of the boots and have it stacked with the motors and maybe even apply haste III on the modular boots.
    This would offer a way to put a biofuel jet pack inside the basic chestpiece, with some conditions : the biofuel jet pack offers static flight in hover mode. If the chest piece weight exceeds a given amount, one will lose this static flight and will slowly glide down

There will be no special slots for anything. The number of slots available will be important when choosing the parts to build in. Not really now, since the weight is limiting more, but once the electric armor is able to counter weight, the number of slots will be really important.
    I plan to add 3 types of boosters with each 5 tiers. Fuel Boosters(Large boost, but needs fuel), Electric Boosters(smaller boost, but easy to use with only EU as fuel), and Anti-Gravity modules(Lowers weight of the Armor a lot, but also needs a lot of energy. Negative weight will allow creative like flight, but for movement besides up/down additonal boosters are needed). To put fluids into the armor, i will likely make it so, that tank(s) has to be put into an armor slot and then fluid containers can be emptied into the internal tank. In the helmet the tank can be filled with air or oxygen for underwaterbreathing.

If the weight system could be added to all armor (not just your own creations but a config for all armor pieces) it would be really really cool if the jetpack uses more EU/fuel if your armor is heavy. Maybe you could add a formula that takes the weight of the player and calculate the EU/fuel he will need if he wants to jetpack.

Also it would be cooler to have battery slots for all the armor pieces since GT has so much batteries instead of having to recharge the armor pieces themselfs.

Should it be possible for an armor to get the defence value of another armor i will likely make the weight of other armors (damagereductionpercentage/2)^2, so an 100% defence = 2500 weight or 64% defence = 1000 weight. The thrust of the jetpack boosters must be high enough to even lift of, making a heavy armor more expensive to fly.

GT6 only?

Yes, GT6 only. While it whould be currently easy to make seperate GT5 and GT6 versions, it will become quite difficult soon.

For when you do add the jetpack here are some ideas.
    1. Put the jetpack thrust control on a separate button. Having it on jump is really annoying.
    2. Make thrust acceleration more realistic. Have it deliver a constant negative vertical acceleration with a short buildup when you first press the thrust button.
    3. A way to configure the maximum thrust. Having high level jetpacks immediately shoot me to the moon is just silly.
    4. Any sort of advanced behavior like hovering or automatically adjusting the thrust based on your weight should be handled via upgrades.
    5. Make the fuel powered jetpack a much more viable and powerful jetpack. To get electric anywhere near as good should require significantly advanced tech and high density batteries.

1. There will be many things i will need to give an hotkey soon. I still wonder what the easiest way will be.
    2. Depends on how difficult the calculation will be.
    3. See above.
    4. Also see above.
    5. Oh, also see above. xD

I haven't tested this yet, but I suspect that a heavy armour will induce a slowness effect that is shown in the inventory. If it is the case, can you make it so that one feels slower but the effect isn't shown?

I did not find out how to directly manipulate the speed of the player, so the slowness effects is only an tempoary thing.

In fact, you could go beyond regular power armor and make mechs that you have to climb into and will give you amazing strength speed and firepower. Imagine climbing into a drill mech and tearing a massive tunnel through a mountain with minimal effort. Probably would need an internal nuclear reactor core to provide enough energy for that though.

I thought about that before, but decided that my skill with MC modding is not yet up to par for that. But who knows how i will think about that in a few months.

Are plates supposed to disappear with age/damage/use? I have lost an iridium, 2 silver, a bronze, and an iron plate and have no explanation for why especially such a strange mixture while others remain for longer

Yes, once the armor is damaged more than 50%, there is an 5% chance on hit that random pieces get destroyed. Maybe i will make it so in the future that the plates simply fall to the ground.

Thats all stuff i plan to do electric.
    Motors will first compensate for too much weight, then give speed boost.
    Pistons for jump boost and uphill assist.
    But every movement assisted by motors or pistons will use EU.

Also higher tier electrical armors will have more slots.

Being able to use goggles of revealing is also planned. I wonder how difficult that is.

I also hope for the ability (If Greg doesn't add it to his) to compress air into cells and centrifuge for nitrogen, oxygen, (and maybe etc.). Also hope there's an Air Filter machine that runs at, say, 2 EU/t for 32v and after say, 288,000 EU produces either (preferred) a dirty air filter from a clean one (made with wool and a plastic frame) which can be centrifuged to recieve a tiny pile of dust (90%), a tiny pile of dust (50%), and large pile of dust (20%), and large piles of dust centrifuged to produce a tiny pile of carbon (75%), a tiny pile of sand (50%), a tiny pile of silicon (10%), a plantball (1%)

Or just produces a tiny pile of carbon every 2 hours. I like the above, though. Dust is such an unappreciated resource!

Adding recipes is a one liner with help of the GT API, so i will start adding such things once the machines for that are back. Likely with confings to disable them easily when nessary.

Some things far in the future would be:
    Advanced chemistry, with complex oil processing.
    Changes to high tier circuit production(Clean room, acid, silicon processing, circuit boards with many parts.), likely also adding a few new circuits.
    And likely the last and most complex part i plant to add: Research.
    Research part 1: Locking some recipes and making it nesseary to research for unlock.
    Research part 2: Efficiency boosting. Researching machine efficienty boosts and storing them in data sticks/orbs. Put them into a machine to operate more efficient or into some sort of central computer to boost multible machines within range.

Included on K4 :)

:)
    I will try to keep up with GT6 as fast as i can.

Bloody, here's a suggestion:

Early game GT tanks and large scale rain collectors.

The cheapest version of the multiblock tank i'm working on will be possible to build in late steam age. The first version i made for GT5 needed only a bit steel for the controller and Fluid hatches. I will try to get it out shortly after Greg readds the first of his multiblocks so i can use that as sample.
    Rain collection is something i did not think about so far and a good idea. I will likely add something like that in the future.

I'm currently trying to add as many features as fast as possible and then do one full test of all cases i can think of.
    But still, there are so many possible crashes, i can't think of every combination. A funny crash yesterday was when i tried to counter fall damage with thorns. (Fu** you gravity!)

The crash you posted was fixed by changing a single character, but it only revaled 2 more bugs...

So could this be a greg-ified version of modular power suits?
    If so sign me up
    Looking forward to this greatly!
    :D

Jep. All Modular Armors i know of end up that adding everything possible is the best. I plan to make this so that you have to carefully decide what to add and what you do not need and sometimes changing the parts depending on situation.

Looks awesome. I have a request what could be added. For example some mods, when you have interface of the machine opened and you will hover over some item, it will show you an information what it will do when put in (for example when you open ExU generator and hover over coal it will tell you how long will it last and how much RF it will produce.

I think it will be a good addition, because when for example when people are recording LPs its better to actually see the "material values" ingame. And with that (i guess you will implement this, or maybe you already did) also hovering over the Modular Armor and holding shift could reveal the properties :)

p.s. Definitely will use it in InfiTech :)

Adding Info to all possible parts will be a bit difficult, but adding into to the Armor tooltip is a certain thing to do.

The first thing this mod adds is an Modular Armor which can be equipped with different Armorplates. More stuff is in work and will be added soon.

A Spreadsheet of the material values.

-Github- Please Use this for Issues!

This Addon needs GregTech 6 installed to work.
    Many thanks to Pyrolusite for helping me with textures.

Here some stuff i plan to add to this Mod.
    If anyone has ideas what to add, inspire me.

Over the next days i plan to finish the special effects of the armor. (Radiation-, Electric-, Fall-damage reduction, Thorns and Item Magnet features)
    After that i plan to add higher tier electical Armors:
    MKI "Exoskeleton" Iron Rods with servos and wires and metal plates fixed on it.
    MKII "Crysis like nanosuit" So a look close to the IC2 nanosuit.
    MKIII " Warhammer 40k alike PowerArmor" Massive armor with all sorts of stuff build in.

Anyone is allowed to use this Mod in a Modpack, but at this point i do not recommend it. A lot of stuff could possibly break.