Posts by DaStormbringer

Well if you don't like the water gens, disable them, or buff there output, that's what the config is for. The idea of adding more induction like machine upgrades has been denied multiple times. Also, I never said it wasn't a standalone mod, we don't require it, but it is a lot more convenient, however we are not going to turn into an all in one technical mod, a mod name comes to mind here I won't mention. If you want to be able to run it longer, then install the other mod, otherwise you can deal with manually loading a stack at a time, although I do believe that it was considered to add multiple input/output slots for consecutive loading of materials automatically, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure.

As far as condensing stuff into less blocks, I personally don't think that will ever happen, although we do need to implement some higher tier, more compact ways of producing energy, though very expensive of course.

Would this be the "buffering" that wasn't listed in a change log? Or nothing listed in a change log that shows what the vaule's correspond to? Also, Advocating is != to requiring. So, we are going to give you a Induction furnace and Tease you, but, We are going to punish you for everything else.

I have known for quite some time that Al was 100% against anything other than the induction furnace, but once you added in the ability to upgrade the base machines it should have been obvious that this floodgate would have opened. The only thing that I am "asking" is to (seriously) consider the ability to upgrade the input/output slots (which I understand means writing the GUI code, etc for upgrade slots) but that would at least, maybe, find a common ground between everyone from all sides.

I do agree that some compact higher tier (and expensive) form of energy production is needed (which is hopefully more server friendly).

I macerate quite a lot, I know what it's like, and if you don't like 1 slot, that's what automation via RP/BC/Logistics pipes are for...

Not that I chime in much, but Really? So now you are advocating that IC2 is not a standalone mod anymore and needs to be use with RP/BC/Logistics pipes? Not having multiple slots (Like the Induction Furnace) makes people have to babysit their Overclocked Machines and just plain takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

While I very much appreciate the effort/time/idea of overclocking and use it currently, would It be so appalling to listen to other peoples views and take them into consideration? At least adding in a upgrade ability for Multiple input/output slots would most closely resemble the induction furnace and still require balancing via the overlockers/transformer upgrades.

Edit: (As A server Operator) Not to mention that the ability of this mod to condense the Solar arrays' into 1 block/1 Tick units greatly reduces the lag and CPU usage on a server is amazing. It would be nice from that aspect to see IC2 add in other advanced forms of power (besides Nuclear) that is more server friendly, as in condensed water mills, etc. Because Right now I have a user that has 300 watermills on a server and everyones framerate drops to below 15 FPS if they are anywhere near that area.