[v1.23 Upgrade] - Additional Nuclear Reactor compatibility for automated reactors.

• Warning: Experimental files contained within.

The premise of this add-on/fix is to increase the functionality between Industrial Craft Nuclear Reactors and other mods that interact with inventories (Buildcraft/Redpower for example), by allowing them to fill up the entire inventory before spitting out items [only being able to use the top row was a nuisance]. These files have not been fully tested, use at your own risk.
    Client Version
    Installation instructions: Drop the contents of the .zip file into your industrialcraftv1.23.jar [ic2/common folder located in the 1.23 jar] (located in .minecraft/mods folder).

Server version
    Installation instructions: Drop the contents of .zip file into the ic2/common folder located in the industrialcraft_server 1.23 jar (located in your minecraft_server/mods folder [wherever that is])
    * Server version is completely untested.

<Insert legal disclaimer and other comments>
    - What it does: Causes Nuclear Reactors inventory to be generated and filled by columns instead of rows (hence filling the inventory -via other mods- before it runs out of useable columns).
    - Upon installing this it may cause your previous reactors to re-arrange their items (which could produce undesired effects). I suggest shutting off reactors before installing this, then checking them before turning them back on [This effect will only occur once].

This mod is discontinued, as it has been replaced by functionality added in IC2 v 1.337.

• This wouldn't happen to also make it to where the pipes will input stuff into the core via the reactor chambers? I'm using the red power pipes right now and they have to connect directly to the core for a input and a output, so I lose 2 reactor chambers to have it automated this way.

• This wouldn't happen to also make it to where the pipes will input stuff into the core via the reactor chambers? I'm using the red power pipes right now and they have to connect directly to the core for a input and a output, so I lose 2 reactor chambers to have it automated this way.

Unfortunately, not yet. That's a much more difficult problem (I'm still trying to work out a way to solve it). [I know it involves giving the chambers inventories as well :P ... and making sure they don't drop contents when destroyed, since the reactor itself does that.]
    Ed: It'd also make this fix unneeded since you could have a 6-chamber reactor that way, and honestly, why wouldn't you? :) .... Also it'd give you so many more places to connect tubes/pipes/devices, yeah I'll have to work on that ;)

RedPower 2 doesn't include any sort of pipes. What are you talking about?

Ohhh, you must mean the Pneumatic Tubes, which are very much not pipes. :P

• RedPower 2 doesn't include any sort of pipes. What are you talking about?

Ohhh, you must mean the Pneumatic Tubes, which are very much not pipes. :P

Lets see

1) Looks like a pipe? *Check*
    2) Connects like a pipe? *Check*
    3) Moves Items like a pipe? *Check*

So while you may call it a "Tube" for all functional uses it is a PIPE and I will continue to call it so.

• Lets see

1) Looks like a pipe? *Check*
    2) Connects like a pipe? *Check*
    3) Moves Items like a pipe? *Check*

So while you may call it a "Tube" for all functional uses it is a PIPE and I will continue to call it so.

And Eloraam called them tubes, for to somehow distance them from BC pipes. xD
    Although they will by next feature release of BC (3.0) be totally inferior to pipes (If she don't chance them)
    (But as of now, SpaceToad gets back at Eloraam, hard *slam*LOLROFLPWND*).

• And Eloraam called them tubes, for to somehow distance them from BC pipes. xD
    Although they will by next feature release of BC (3.0) be totally inferior to pipes (If she don't chance them)
    (But as of now, SpaceToad gets back at Eloraam, hard *slam*LOLROFLPWND*).

Not that bad, the tubes are still useful. Like with her block breakers makes a perfect cobble generator with automatic overflow.
    Have the two breakers hooked to a pair of chests, when the first fills up the rest automatically go to the chest for recycling. No extra mods required.
    my big problem is you can't extract stuff out of chests with the tubes, it's purely for the output of her machines right now.

• my big problem is you can't extract stuff out of chests with the tubes, it's purely for the output of her machines right now.

Sure you can... just stick a transposer next to the chest, input side facing the chest. Add a timer to pulse the transposer, and you can pull stuff out even faster than a redstone engine on a wooden pipe.

• Alright guys (and gals), I gotta try to reign this thread back in. It's not supposed to be for bashing which mod is better between redpower and buildcraft.

Has anyone who has used this fix experienced any unusual behavior with nuclear power generation or any adverse/non-standard reactor issues?

• How do i control my nuclear reactor via switch - like how can i turn it off and on at will...whenever i put components in my 6 chamber reactor it auto starts heating up

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• How do i control my nuclear reactor via switch - like how can i turn it off and on at will...whenever i put components in my 6 chamber reactor it auto starts heating up

Connect redstone to a chamber? Sometimes it can be a bit fussy with where/how you try to power it with redstone (like placing a torch next to the chamber block won't work).
    Something as simple as this would work though:

• Im not using torches - just have the rp2 wires touching the actual chambers from underneat i have 6 chamber reactor and my switch does nothing. it stays on unless i take the components - how is it running with no power no redstone signal? it should be auto off and run untill i activate via switch - im gonna play around with it see if i can get it to work or if its my install - everything else works fine.

Its making noise, is it suppose to make noise even when its off?

I tested and it seems that the reactior has to touch redstone - not the chamber...which makes it impossible to have a 6 chamber reactor with a switch? Basically from your pic i did the same setup and its not working. the block next to the reactor(not chamber) has to be powered meaning i have to lose one of my chambers?

//RESOLVED :thumbup: - was using redpower 2 wires :P has to be orginal redstone dust - is there a way to use redpower2 (via cfg maybe)wires to power chambers/reactors? like redstone dust does? :D

heres my 6 chamber reactor by the way. im gonna have to wire it from underneath

• I've powered reactor chambers with redpower 2 wires (but I always did it from the top/sides of the blocks, not the bottoms, but it really shouldn't matter). [Ed: Just tested, if you place the redpower wire on the chamber itself (using shift+right-click, it works. -- Jacketed wires may work as well... but I haven't used those much. (They do work as well, but you need to connect a red wire to the chamber first...)]

Also, reactors only need a redstone signal to shut them off. [And the sound does stop playing when the reactor is off.] (In my previous screenshot the reactor was off.)
    Alternatively you could place a torch on the block beneath the lowest chamber, then wire your switch to that block, then it'd probably work the way you want it to.

... However, I don't think your issues are at all related to this add-on / fix.

• Thank you..and you're right. I'm using wireless redstone now, so its all good...its a good mod to go with ic2. I didnt know about the shift+right click with rp2 wires, so thanks for that too.

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• I installed the files on my Bukkit server and it gives an error and disconnects clients when placing a nuclear reactor.
    Ofcourse this could be because these files are not made for SMP.
    If so, could you please make a SMP version?
    I will ask someone else to port it for bukkit.

• I installed the files on my Bukkit server and it gives an error and disconnects clients when placing a nuclear reactor.
    Ofcourse this could be because these files are not made for SMP.
    If so, could you please make a SMP version?
    I will ask someone else to port it for bukkit.

*makes SMP version* Idk if it'll be bukkit compatible or not... if industrialcraft is, then it is.
    Note: I didn't test the smp version at all, I had to download all the server stuff just to make the version.

Theoretically everything should be fine as it's only a couple small tweaks I made to the files to begin with (so as long as they recompiled properly, they will function exactly as the SSP fix)

Additional Note: I'm pretty sure that like with every other smp mod, that your clients would need to be running the fix as well. Though in this case I'm not sure, it might just make reactors act a little funny for them. Or tbh, I don't really know (I'm not supposed to be dealing with SMP stuff in the first place. Killerbeez gave me a hard time for trying to help when he was getting Industrial Rage going :P)

[hurts my brain trying to figure out exactly what would happen with different client/server versions, might work, might not.]
    Feel free to try out the server version and let me know what errors, if any, are caused.

• It works on a vanilla server (couldn't install builcraft to test it, somehow it crashed the server, but that has noting to do with your mod) but it crashes on Bukkit.
    It gives the error when placing a nuclear reactor. Then it freezes and i get disconnected. This problem is probably caused by the fact that the files aren't ported to Bukkit.
    If you don't mind I will ask someone on the http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/ forum to port this awesome addon.

• I've powered reactor chambers with redpower 2 wires (but I always did it from the top/sides of the blocks, not the bottoms, but it really shouldn't matter). [Ed: Just tested, if you place the redpower wire on the chamber itself (using shift+right-click, it works. -- Jacketed wires may work as well... but I haven't used those much. (They do work as well, but you need to connect a red wire to the chamber first...)]

Also, reactors only need a redstone signal to shut them off. [And the sound does stop playing when the reactor is off.] (In my previous screenshot the reactor was off.)
    Alternatively you could place a torch on the block beneath the lowest chamber, then wire your switch to that block, then it'd probably work the way you want it to.

... However, I don't think your issues are at all related to this add-on / fix.

putting a repeater (rp2 repeater) next to the chamber pointing at it also works (just mentioning)

• I thank you for this. I no longer have to use 1 of the item, in this case Ice, in each open slot, to fill my reactor.

My only question would be, Can you make it so that it works with the additional pipes insertion pipe? I have to use EE's Chest and Ring to keep my ice from being thrown all over the room...

• I thank you for this. I no longer have to use 1 of the item, in this case Ice, in each open slot, to fill my reactor.

My only question would be, Can you make it so that it works with the additional pipes insertion pipe? I have to use EE's Chest and Ring to keep my ice from being thrown all over the room...

Unfortunately, no. (Or at least I don't plan to) I figure it'll cause more problems then it solves. It's a limitation built into reactors (since they always have 54 inventory slots; hence always free slots available when you need to have less then 6 chambers to connect pipes/tubes/other machines to the core).

I might still figure out a way to make it so we can connect to reactor chambers, which would should make insertion pipes work properly [on a 6-chamber reactor] (as well as giving several more surfaces to connect stuff to, which would be interesting to see the kinda crazy things people would make w/ it).