Posts by KelDG

Can you not just dig 1x1 holes directly downwards about 20 blocks, in a non unifom pattern and place the panels at the bottom (hide your base there too), you would have to walk directly over them to see them.

People are lazy too so anywhere that would mean building blocks to access would deter them.

Even better, that same Idea but at the bottom of a ravine with no visible resources, they will be too lazy to go down it and all they would see at most is a few 1x1 holes, you could do bigger ones as well as they would not even be able to go directly over them without making a bridge, or jetpacking.

Supplying water mills with water buckets makes them generate 2EU/t, since you have Redpower2 you can use a system of Deployer to pick up the water, a Transposer/Filter to send the buckets to the mills, and Retriever that retrieve the empty buckets from the mill to the Deployer :P

Yeah I have seen that technique a couple of times, but I think if I did that it would lag the hell out of my PC. Besides I have more energy than I need now, suppose I could do it to get another Mass Fab on the go, but don't have any plans (at the moment) that could make use of the extra materials.

It is a cracking method of energy generation though.

Impressive! If you have room for another mod, you could install Forestry mod and use Electrical engines to power your Quarries. They convert 6 EU into 2 MJ, and having a few on a said Quarry gives more than enough power to run it constantly. If not, biomass and peat engines can give off plenty of power as well, with renewable costs in terms of maintenance...

But overall, this is really brilliantly done!

Thanks MagusUnion, I will have a look at that mod, I have never heard of it but it sounds really useful.

Hmmm, not sure, they definitely worked when I was making them (a couple of updates ago) as they were my only source of power. They may not be working now, but compared to the power output of the wind, they were completely dwarfed anyway, maybe accounting for less than 10% of my overall power generation.

Thank you Alblaka and Co for this wonderful mod, I share with you all a quick tour of my modest world :)

up to +2048 eu/t, enough to bring my old computer to its knees I present the TOWER OF POWER! (with a side of redpower and buildcraft)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (well this is embarrassing I cant seem to embed the video :/)