Tower of Power! Wind Water Solar :)

• Thank you Alblaka and Co for this wonderful mod, I share with you all a quick tour of my modest world :)

up to +2048 eu/t, enough to bring my old computer to its knees I present the TOWER OF POWER! (with a side of redpower and buildcraft)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (well this is embarrassing I cant seem to embed the video :/)

• I thought unmaned water generators don't work anymore? Ive never bothered making one because of the notes on the wiki.

• Hmmm, not sure, they definitely worked when I was making them (a couple of updates ago) as they were my only source of power. They may not be working now, but compared to the power output of the wind, they were completely dwarfed anyway, maybe accounting for less than 10% of my overall power generation.

• Impressive! If you have room for another mod, you could install Forestry mod and use Electrical engines to power your Quarries. They convert 6 EU into 2 MJ, and having a few on a said Quarry gives more than enough power to run it constantly. If not, biomass and peat engines can give off plenty of power as well, with renewable costs in terms of maintenance...

But overall, this is really brilliantly done!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Impressive! If you have room for another mod, you could install Forestry mod and use Electrical engines to power your Quarries. They convert 6 EU into 2 MJ, and having a few on a said Quarry gives more than enough power to run it constantly. If not, biomass and peat engines can give off plenty of power as well, with renewable costs in terms of maintenance...

Thanks MagusUnion, I will have a look at that mod, I have never heard of it but it sounds really useful.

• Thanks MagusUnion, I will have a look at that mod, I have never heard of it but it sounds really useful.

You haven't heard of forestry? Wow!

I also highly recommend it! Not only does it give you renewable fuel it gives you loads of other great stuff (wood/robber wood/resin, sugar cane, pumpkins/melons)! O and bees are quite nice to!

I find 4 is enough to get it nearly to full speed. Probably 5 if you absolutely want full speed.

so with 6 quarries that'd be 24 electric engine and 6 different teleport pipes. With bc 3.x you really want one machine per power tp pipe, it's more efficient that way.
    A bit ouchie in the power department though. 144EU/t for just those guys. Possibly a bit more if you want to put a few extra engines in there to run other things.

• Not much to say about the energy generation part...

But I really like that factory.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Supplying water mills with water buckets makes them generate 2EU/t, since you have Redpower2 you can use a system of Deployer to pick up the water, a Transposer/Filter to send the buckets to the mills, and Retriever that retrieve the empty buckets from the mill to the Deployer :P

• Supplying water mills with water buckets makes them generate 2EU/t, since you have Redpower2 you can use a system of Deployer to pick up the water, a Transposer/Filter to send the buckets to the mills, and Retriever that retrieve the empty buckets from the mill to the Deployer :P

Yeah I have seen that technique a couple of times, but I think if I did that it would lag the hell out of my PC. Besides I have more energy than I need now, suppose I could do it to get another Mass Fab on the go, but don't have any plans (at the moment) that could make use of the extra materials.

It is a cracking method of energy generation though.

• I gotta admit, your video is one the the ones which make me wish I didn't use IC2 standalone. I just could never be bothered to study the mechanics of those mods as well. still awesome

• wow... IC2 standalone??? How boring is that!
    at least use BC or Redpower or EE2 (if you use EE2 you can have geothermal generators since lava cells can be transmuted) :Lava Cell:

• I use geothermals anyway. I tend to mine at layer 12 so I end up with craploads of tin and usually not enough copper so I put up a few geothermals instead of solars as tier 1 and just take the loss of tin.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P