Posts by RandomClown

LOL I find so much uranium all the time. I dont even bother with breeding.

Just for the heck of it, I improved the original design

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=101k101001501521s1r11r10

Although, if you are gonna run several reactors it's more efficient to use many smaller ones (Assumed clocking and such)

Kool, thanks for the suggestion.
    It looks like I only need 3 reactors for that [with a slight pause in between] This is way better than what I have. :D I could run 2 sets of those.

I'll try it out once IC2 updates.

[Waiting for IC2 for 1.0 before I revise this post]

Hello all,

I have been designing a reactor cluster that required little interaction.
    It is a cluster of 4 full reactors, no water involved. [Components]

Run time per reactor: 1900 sec == 31.6 min
    Cool time per reactor: 7600 sec == 126.6 min

It is all controlled by RedPower. I designed it so that it auto rotates between the 4 reactors.
    This way, there is constantly power, & more can be drawn from the cells without any interaction. [except for replacing uranium cells of course]

[Circuit] <-- click on the weird looking images; they are stitched together. Also click the bookmarks to the right.

If your wondering how to determine the minimum number of reactors for continuous power:
    Take the cool down time & add 1 run. A mistake I made is that its not cooling down during a run, so you need to add the run to the cool down time.
    7600+1900 = 9500
    Divide that by the run time of 1 reactor.
    9500/1900 = 5
    This should be the minimum number of reactors needed to prevent chaos & havok.

Anyone have suggestions for better circuits or non-interactive [no water buckets] component setup?