Posts by Nuclear Alchemist

Finally the system works and ME system is much better (I had to put the coolant on a different ME system). I filled the 4 regular units with a 2800 EU/t build and left the others blank because forgot the temperature I wanted for the MOX so that i can set the temperature gauge to prevent overheating. I'm using timers from project-red but the generation time currently is 20,000 seconds. is there a way to remotely enter the amount of seconds you want in each timer? I also am wondering if computers are available to be the timer in the case if someone says "NO"?

The Custom sounds worked with glitchy textures. The Industrial info panel (both regular and advanced) as a multiblock from the back was transparent with sign textures. In an effort to fix them I enabled a texutre pack for 1.7.X that should of fixed the texture problem.... It did but when i went back into the Howler Alarm GUI. the sounds were gone and it crashed immediately.
    PLEASE HELP!

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // But it works on my machine.

Time: 11/17/14 4:14 PM
    Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.gui.controls.GuiHowlerAlarmListBox.setCurrent(GuiHowlerAlarmListBox.java:172)
    at shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.gui.controls.GuiHowlerAlarmListBox.func_146116_c(GuiHowlerAlarmListBox.java:206)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73864_a(GuiContainer.java:324)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1629)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:962)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

EDIT: it now works; however the backs of the information panels are transparent and have sign textures.
    EDIT 2: To fix the sign textures for back I enabled a texture pack, but then the custom sounds blitzed and the game crashed again.....

I forgot to turn off warnings that happened when GT recipes were on, saying they were incomplete, although that is no longer true.

What this have to do with tekkit? I don't even like tekkit. Anyway, there's a guide here .

Its giving me a FATAL error message. I tried again and it removed my entire Nuclear control mod.... ?( thank goodness I made a copy of my world before loading it.

I think it has something to do with trying to repack it as a jar file as it will not load with the archive unpacked......

I've worked out the bugs and now am confident with the system I have.
    Units 1-4 will be LZH reactors pumping out 3,800 EU/t. Units 5-6 will use
    MOX and the same 3800EU/t design at hotter temperatures as close as I
    can to a round number.

Here is the Reactor Plan:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…2qw66o0a9oec62v9t2ve71qm8

If
    my numbers are right the MOX fuel put into this neutral heat reactor at
    85% core heat is 16,720 EU/t. For 70% heat its 14,440 EU/t.

The system is designed to refuel automatically when the reactor is off and within 1-2 seconds replace any number of LZH condensators inside the reactor while its on. These reactors are equipped with an emergency shutdown feature tied into the single cycle circuit. When shutdown there is a manual run which will run the reactor until the depleted cells are sensed. Then the Diamond AND gate from Buildcraft will send a Redstone signal, turning off the manual run circuit. If the reactor overheats the thermal monitor set to 100 Heat will automatically scram the reactor and the alarm will sound in the control room via the remote thermal monitor; there is no way to turn the alarm off however..... Though the heat values for the MOX reactors have to be edited a little bit for it to work. When the alarm sounds your first job is to activate the emergency shutdown feature. Then you travel to the hot reactor core and put in emergency heat vents to cool the reactor. In the 1600 EU/t version there was space to have the vents inside, however it is no longer possible as the uranium cells take up most of the reactor and only 2 horizontal rows of LZH condensators cool the reactor. The best way for this system to work is to have an equal surplus of LZH at the ready to possibly replace all the condensators at once. The ME systems return LZH, extract depleted cells and input new cells when applicable. Logistics Pipes Mod is the ONLY way now to extract spent LZH before the reactor overheats thus it is used in all reactors to the coolant buildings.

The coolant buildings house at least two cells of advanced crafting tables (two tables per array of lasers) to craft new LZH cells. The lasers will be powered via Forestry electrical engines powered by HV Solar panels into a MFSU since Buildcraft has moved to the RF API. The lapis dust needed will come from replicators on the second level. In the fuel assembly buildings this is also true to have a continuous stream of uranium coming in; though you can still deposit your supply into the ME network and it will be taken care of.

The ME Network as part of the reactor system will also be utilized for production of Quad Uranium and MOX cells. The assembly line for that is undefined since I have little knowledge of how to set up the factories for maximum efficiency.

My Complete Mod List:
    IC2 Experimental 1.7.10
    IC2 Nuclear Control 2 1.7.10
    IC2 Quarry 1.7.10
    Compact Solars 1.7.10
    Void Tech 1.7.10
    Applied Energistics 2 1.7.10
    Buildcraft 1.6.18 for 1.7.10
    Logistics Pipes 8.2.80 for 1.7.10
    Forestry 3.1.1.4 for 1.7.10
    Project RED 1.7.10
    Ender Storage 1.7.10
    Not Enough Items 1.7.10
    Optifine 1.7.10
    Minions 1.7.10
    Balkon's Weapon Mod 1.7.10

I need help with the cell factories and the basic advanced crafting table setup that will have two inputs and one output.

Regards,
    Nuclear Alchemist

Hello! I'm wanting to add 3 sounds to the howler alarm. One of them is a T-Bolt Air Raid Siren used at many old 1980's NPP's, the original Chernobyl Control Room Alarm and an alarm that I made from scratch. The only problem is that I don't have and cannot use tekkit do to the limitations of my system (not comaptible with Win 8.1). Please Help Me!

A guy from the Video commented and said that this setup no longer works. it would be instant explosion in IC2 Experimental.
    I've been doing reactors with vents for the longest time and I've been wanting to create and automatic way of recharging LZH condensators without overheating the reactor. AE seems to be the best way so far, but with the 1.7.10 version of AE I've been struggling to model after these videos:

Full System:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHxIeaiMJo

Coolant System:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMChoQIPZY

I NEED HELP HERE!
    While i wasn't getting help i attempted to setup a test reactor. It ended in utter defeat, but i got the control room actions working like i want them. The ME System is a MESS. I want the ME system to import spent LZH condensators and then transport them to the advanced automatic crafting tables (buildcraft) then import them back into the system until needed. meanwhile the condensators taken out of the reactor have been replaced with pre-stored LZH condensators specifically for the ones that are needing replacement.

I have restarted with a new world and new mods. I now have
    ender storage, Project RED, applied energistics, compact solars, and
    forestry. in addition to IC2 EXP and BC along with Nuclear Control 2.

The Plan is to make a self contained facility that houses 6 Quad cell reactors(2 MOX) that is stable, with high power generation:

-Two reactors are LZH Quad Cell reactors using applied energetics to fuel and repair/replace LZH Coolant cells.

-Two are either the same as the LZH OR 5x5x5 that uses 28 (2800 Mb/t hot
    coolant if my math is correct) fluid ports to accommodate the refueling
    cycle using project red. I will use the new reactors if combined power
    generation is an increase from the best LZH one you can come up with.

-Two Neutral Heat HOT MOX Reactors with power generation that is greater than LZH.

- A small space factory system for efficient quad Uranium production (Powered By HV Solars on top of building)

- A small space factory system for efficient quad MOX production (powered by HV solars on top of building)

- HV Solar Backup Generator/Mass Fab replicate Uranium and Lapis (HV Solars)

- All control rooms on second floor of front building using nuclear
    control and Project red to control and refuel the reactors remotely

- All reactors will have local access points inside containment chamber consisting of two layers of reinforced stone

- Alarm system

Please Help. Things with IC2 have become a little too complicated for me. it used to be ICE/Water Buckets=Coolant for a reactor which at least made partial sense. Now with a dry reactor you MUST use RZH and or LZH to at least be a little more renewable in power generation without the sacrifice of the EU/t.

EDIT:
    I JUST FOUND THIS OUT----
    Only LZH can be recharged by Lapis dust around the dead one. can only be autocrafted in the advanced table from BC.

New Requirements:
    ME Network for each reactor MUST:
    - extract depleted LZH Coolant cells and depleted uranium cells.
    - exported to 3 advanced crafting tables and then imported back into the ME Network.
    - put into the reactor LZH Coolant cells when reactor is on when needed and new uranium cells when it is off in refueling cycle.
    - Notify in each control room how many uranium cells or MOX cells are ready for the reactor at any given time.

ME Network in re-enriching and standard cell production must:
    - create all items using the best way possible.
    - using the shortcut autocrafting function with the IC2 machines to minimize space and avoid using space hogging BC pipes and product loss from overflow of items.

What do you mean by "one group" of fluid ports? If you're using the 420 EU/t "High power high running cost" design from the official reactors design thread ([Official] New Reactors design thread.), I've put that one in my planner (IC2 Experimental Reactor Planner open beta), and it indicates an average heat output for the 5x5x5 of 1344 HU/s, so it would require either 7 or 14 fluid ports, each with its own liquid heat exchanger, and then a stirling generator or steam+kinetic generators for each port.

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I use nuclear control on the reactor inside of the 5x5 vessel before sealing it so the remote thermal monitor will send an inverse redstone signal through the redstone port to stop production of EU on the sterling generator. Is there a design that will only need 1 pair of fluid ports that still uses quad cells (both uranium and mox) thats stable in 5x5 format? It seems that the standard reactor designs are a tad bit unstable for the new 5x5 format. When the core temp is maintained components melt because they can't keep up then the heat rises and then KABOOM I get a crater. All six reactors have space for only one fluid port since I put them in a rectangle with 4 block space in between columns (two of them a Wall) and 1 block spacer wall in between each reactor in each column.

Hello, I just joined the forum and I have been using the experimental build of IC2 for some time now. I'm trying to make a nuclear power plant of 12 5x5 reactors (6 uranium, 6 MOX) using the sterling gen and one group of fluid ports per reactor. For some reason since the world was made before I updated I can't get the heat exchanger to work. when i tried a 420 REG Eu/t setup that i used in one of my earlier plants.

This is also true for the MOX reactors as well with the plating changed for heat capacity buff. The sterling gen was full when I stopped the reactor I'm using the nuclear control mod to help shutdown the reactors automatically if something goes wrong, however I didn't like what was happening inside. In the other worlds with simple single cell reactors one pair of fluid ports is doing just fine, however when i get to "almost full" it stops working.