Posts by Nexey

I just looked at CraftGuide and a smallish AE system with a drive, controller, terminal and cable for the terminal doesn't look super expensive (excluding needed diamonds), so maybe someone could start building that in the K4 town. Yes, I know you can just plonk down an ME Chest and a forestry/railcraft engine, but this is more future-proof.
    I haven't been on because of a computer issue.

And how do we get silicon? You know me, if there was a way to start AE2, I would already have everything automated

blocks 512,0,3584 to 1023,255,4095 got removed from K4 to fix a crash, I hope nobody had a base there.

I hope it wasn't my Base, you can verify this by using my nether tunnel. If it was my Base, well I guess I'll be starting gathering resources again so there's no worrying about this.

EDIT : Actually now that I'm looking at it again I'm seeing that it is really far away from spawn. But does that mean there's a gigantic hole in the map ?

Yes, once the armor is damaged more than 50%, there is an 5% chance on hit that random pieces get destroyed. Maybe i will make it so in the future that the plates simply fall to the ground.

Ouch. The basic armour has around 1000 uses, meaning you'll lose 5 plates in average before it breaks. That hurts especially with expensive plates, I guess one needs to get leather, a ton of xp, some unbreaking books and he'll be set.

I haven't tested this yet, but I suspect that a heavy armour will induce a slowness effect that is shown in the inventory. If it is the case, can you make it so that one feels slower but the effect isn't shown? Otherwise I'll just install a status hud mod that I think removes the effect from the player's inventory to the left to the top left corner.
    If it's not the case, ignore me *this time only* ;)
    I see everybody likes the idea of the jet pack, that is awesome! Some of you even dug out the idea even more.
    Also, I still think that uphill assist shouldn't require power, or at least a tiny small amount of it, but if it does I'll hold off to these boots of the traveller for a little while. At least until I haz a biofuel farm to hopefully fill the jet pack.
    Last suggestion, what about adding some internal tanks to store even more biofuel since one will be able to install batteries?

Let's think about that : one could put his goggles of revealing inside a special slot that could be introduced into the helmet slot, that way the helmet will not take damages but it's enchant will no longer apply.
    Why would their enchants stop working? Let's say you do the same with the boots of the traveller, I could put down a haste III boots of the traveller inside a special slot of the boots and have it stacked with the motors and maybe even apply haste III on the modular boots.
    This would offer a way to put a biofuel jet pack inside the basic chestpiece, with some conditions : the biofuel jet pack offers static flight in hover mode. If the chest piece weight exceeds a given amount, one will lose this static flight and will slowly glide down

Nexey: massive netherwart farm = all 6 primals after some centrifuges here and there. I have that on my K2 base.

Oh, I haven't thought of breaking the praecantio. Silly me. Herba should than give water and terra, potentia will give ordo and ignis, vacuuos will give perditio and aer. Over thinking a simple system is something I tend to do very often. Sweet, I also found a small node that will break down into all the primal aspects so that will help me gathering the tubes and the buffers and the centrifuges and.. Oh my.

After seeing how easy t would be to link everybody to the spawn, I've decided to handle the thaumaturgic buildings, later on I hope having some automatic ways to supply glass and slabs to allow one to make warded jars, but for the moment I've considered doing something way simpler, which involves one simple rule : the leftover of essentia belongs to the room. So one would have to put the correct amount of items inside the alchemical furnace but he could also use someone's leftover. I'm also planning on doing a small charcoal farm here to supply ignis and ordo, one nether wart farm to supply praecantio, terra and aqua and some cobble gen to get some perditio going. And ofc a sugar can farm, but everybody has one so I don't think it'll be that much required.
    Also a flower farm, as well as a rubber farm, to get hazmat armor going into tutamen for shielding stuff. Maybe I'll find out a way to get wool by this time to use rubber boots but whatever. I hope you agree, any suggestions will be considered regarding this build, I'll go with the crimson theme for the most part. Also this place will be fps hungry. And it will have one hungry node inside, I found one waiting for me to bottle it. It may not start soon, I have school so my next holidays will be in 7 weeks

What about adding a few special slots to the armour set to only accept items registered as "*spring*" (can't remember what the exact oredict name is) that would make a player lighter, and depending on the materials here could jump higher and step blocks as the boots of the traveller. Also the helmet shout have 2 slots for lenses, allowing him to zoom, to see brighter or to see TC things as you were wearing some goggles of revealing.

Edit : small clarification on why are springs making one lighter : Having some kind of exoskeleton is really helpful, there are many prototypes IRL that you just put on and you're able to move things that are really heavy (Ofc I don't trust the videos I saw on the Internet of a guy bearing a huge weight with his arms, imo his leg's chickenbones should have scattered). That way, different springs would allow one to run faster if the weight of his armour in which he put the springs < 500, given it's a bad quality spring for example, he could have his chestplate weighing up to 1500 without having slowness I.

Opening the gui will let you put some items inside. If you open the gui, put some items inside one of the armour, press the button to throw stuff while holding the mouse above the armour you're currently looking in will throw the piece of armour away, but it's gui will remain open. You can take things out and close the gui, getting the piece of armour back and it'll have the same items you put before.

I'm stuck inside a magic forest, every time I log in the server crashes and I don't see why. As I entered it, the server immediatly closed and I can't do anything. I'm not sure if a command block clock would tp me because I'm on a horse, so I think the only way to move my butt out is with NBT edit.

For a town, I was thinking of stealing Etho's idea and build a few towns, the spawn one could have any theme, but I can easily build a modern town, a new York like town and a medieval town. Obviously this would take a long time, meaning I would have to reach some kind of mining tools that are fast (hopefully the power fist) and at least the biogas jetpack.

Queue No reset needed. K1, K2 & K3 will stay as they are, K4 on the other hand will be a brand new world in which everybody will start from sratch

EDIT : Sratch.

I think I'll start on K4 as soon as it's up too, so I guess I'm in. I was kind of a N00b on K3 but I blame that on having to get back into modded Minecraft, my basemate and the fact that I built a really long road before getting into anything more advanced than a shovel.

You don't need a basemate :p Last time I was playing with somebody was when playing FTB unleashed, my Massfap exploded and somebody which was kinda friendly invited me into his base, so I was able to start over and build more stuff, even though I was extremely advanced before this explosion (also I remember putting down a HV cable into the mass fab whereas it was already linked to a HV transformer, the explosion radius was about 28 blocks in each direction if I recall correctly).

Someone who wants to play together with me? Playing alone is a bit boring, so a team of 3-4 whould be nice.

I'm the AE guy of kirara, I'm skilled understanding GT mechanics and I'm currently building a High voltage base. I think I will be more than qualified to play with you. Also I've still not put down a single crop (the one I bred was on k2, but my stuff from k3 != stuff from k2, so I basically started from scratch on k2) and yet I have a super duper base (thanks to the many plutonium veins I found).

EDIT : It should be noted that I'm extremely lucky. I found a GT diamond vein right under my first base. And 5 minutes ago, I found these. The second screenshot was taken litteraly 1 minute after the first one, and I found these under my new base.

Concerning GT6, I know we wouldn't be able to start just right now, but my concern was to see how RWG + GT6's oregen would work if we pregen say 500 blocks in each direction.