Posts by Nexey

We (Zulfurlubak and __SuperTroll__) have an issue with connecting to K3 after trying to launch GC rocket to the moon. I believe server crushes somewhere at the point of "Downloading terrain" with giving either "Timed out" error or "Internal server error".
    PS: Had a lot of quite valuable stuff with us, hoping it's possible to solve it without resetting character's data.

Finally connected to the server and it is going just fine, but there is Space Lander with rocket to fly back and stuff that was placed in the rocket. Don't think it is intended.

The space lander is intended to spawn once you select the moon, and it'll contain the items you placed in your rocket as well as your rocket and the remaining fuel that's why I said there was no waste back on irc)

It appears that after the minor update, or at some point after yesterday, an entchanted(Repair I) Pick of the core of mine just disappeared. Anyone else having similar weird issues?

Nop, but feel free to use my altar and some basic stuffs (Thaumium, great wood and the shards) as well as my arcane furnaces to get it back. I might even have some repair I books laying around

For debugging use ic2-experimental build #666 to connect to kirara3

People having ic2 energy grids at the following locations, please make them smaller to upgrade the performance. Add some transformers or energy storage blocks to split them up.
    [Server thread/INFO]: 213 complex / 3354 total nodes in grid 1552 (-1050/70/236 - -947/201/369)
    [Server thread/INFO]: 147 complex / 670 total nodes in grid 557 (-963/116/369 - -945/120/388)

Seems like Nameless has some work to do...

"If your crash log stops here, wait a bit more next time before killing Minecraft with the task manager."
    All you have to do is waiting , are you sure you grabbed the config file from the OP? Maybe your game has to load every single config and the one from GregT takes a bit more time on some computers than the others. "Congratulations, you've waited long enough. Have a cake " should appear in the game's log if everything went according to plans.

Energy wise its bad, but its for convenience. You don't have to deal with seed entities, water and whatever wonky thing of AE2.

Which is why the growth chamber is better. You don't have to deal with entities, it requires 6 accelerators so I assume it is as fast as 6 accelerators and might be a way more interesting to use energy wise.

Sorry about taking a break everyone, but I had some personal problems in life. It seems that I am now radically outdated in the mods, but I have a brand-new really fast internet, so it should be fun to come on again.

Ah.. Well unless you've done really bad things, you're still whitelisted, go grab the Mods on the op as well as the config and you can play

Isn't half the fun of AE2 coming up with wacky designs to get round problems (not just crystal growth accelerators, but things like channels too)?

Right, but as of weeks of paying I still haven't figured out how to pick up the seeds with AE only, same goes for the automatic on / off switch for the growth accelerators.
    I see the growth chamber more like a late game block (100 ae/t... Yeah) that goes around this issue.
    Btw, it doesn't break the fun of AE2 which is tinkering with channels, since neither the accelerators nor the chamber take channel. The issue here is for crystals only, the channel part isn't concerned at all.

Afaik you can use GT autoclave to grow crystals.

Which takes up 50 seconds / seed from what I recall... At this point you better use the water pool solution since the gt way is the most inefficient way speaking of speed. I'll do the math about eu consumption when I'll get back from school, meaning that I'll be able to see the recipes, but I guess that even the IV autoclave will not be enough to produce large numbers of crystal in the same given time than the accelerators method, and of course will use a huge amount of power. The growth chamber stays the best solution.

With 4 crystal growth accellerators it is faster i think, and you can grow a virtually infinite amount(as many as possible without killing the server) at once.

Which isn't efficient. The growth chamber is faster, will never kill a server because of too much items and more efficient since you can input and output things out without worrying picking up or setting up a tricky system to collect them. Also, unless you're generating a ton of power, you must switch on / off the accelerators whereas the chamber is automatic and doesn't have any passive drain. Your argument is invalid

Are you tired of the crystal growth accelerator that may not be the most efficient way to grow your seeds? Try this : http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225194-ae2-stuff (I can't select some text to put a link into it with my phone). It adds a pattern encoder which allows shift clicking on NEI's [?], which is kinda pointless, and a crystal growth chamber, which you can put into your system and that will drain 100 ae/t to work, it'll not drain out power when it doesn't have any work to do. I know Greg adds his own recipes for the crystals, one crystal takes 50 seconds (if I recall correctly). With this device you can grow up 27 crystals at once and it'll take 30 seconds to grow them all.