Posts by Elarian

As far as I can tell (I just installed a copy of 1.7.2 in MultiMC to check), refined iron isn't obtainable in build 484, but it isn't needed either - NEI shows no usages of it, and in build 484, the advanced machine casing only requires a basic machine casing, two carbon plates, and two advanced alloy.

Thank you so much for going the extra mile for the answer. I hadn't explored all the recipes, but coming from IC2 classic, I figured it was needed at some point.

Chocohead.... thank you pointing out the obvious =) I knew it was not a live version, but it is what I can play.

I am fairly new to IC2 experimental. I have combed the forums looking for the answer and haven't found one. I put together a modpack with build 484 and it works wonderfully.... except I cannot make refined iron by resmelting. After a little research, I find out about the blast furnace. I use NEI and there is no item for the heat conductor, and no item for the blast furnace ?( . To make sure none of my other mods were interfering with the items, I packed NEI and IC2 exp build #484 only. Still no heat conductor or blast furnace. Have I missed something? I can't do much if I can't make refined iron. A side note- I play 1.7.2 because 1.7.10 makes my computer freeze (new computer is on the wish list LOL).