Posts by bhenson1

Urg, don't you just hate it when developers don't change the version number that ModLoader reads? The charging bench IC2 addon is v1.70-1, ModLoaderMP is 1.1.0 v2, and Equivalent Exchange is v1.38.

I get this error a few moments after I enter my single player world; as chunks load in front of me, it tries to load my IC2 agriculture lab, and it crashes. If it's relevant, it's that annoying crash-method where the error log blinks into and out of existience; I had to run minecraft from the command line to get the error log. :(

Just FYI, the EXACT SAME BUG occurs with water mills, too. I'm not going to give a long, detailed, post, trust me, it's the same.

P.S.: I LOLed when I read AkiTensai's post, but it was a depressed LOL... my computer literally freezes, as in can't even minimize/close the window, for up to 5 minutes when my water mills kick in. It reads 0 FPS for a VERY VERY long time. Oh, and more depressing LOL, if I leave the debug screen open during this lagfest, my screen turns solid red :S

HALELUJA! (or however it's spelled) PRAISE THE LORD! MY WORLD IS SAVED!

Many thanks to those two kind-hearted folks who pointed me in the right direction! FYI, mIDas did not work (doesn't seem to support mod-added item IDs) but MCEdit worked perfectly! Emoticons cannot express how I feel right now. *sigh*

P.S.: sorry for making such a long, mostly off-topic post! I was panicing a little bit, but I'm better now.

P.P.S.: sorry for the profanity in my previous post... again, I was feaking out a little (ok, alot)

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

ZIPPINUS!!!! CPW!!!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!

Ok, before anything else, let me be the first to admit that i'm a FUCKING RETARD for not backing up my world in like A MONTH

Now that that's said, a SUPERCRITICAL BUG/COMPLAINT/DESPERATE PLEA: upon successful instalation of the 3.1.1 Advanced machines, I opened NEI and turned to the page with the new solar arrays and advanced machines. I saw, between the machines and arrays, a silvery-gray block, essentially textureless, but named "HV solar array". I gave myself one, and FOOLISHLY plonked it in the world. "Saving chunks", cannot reopen the world. GODDAMNIT! Do I even need to give an error log? that thing wasn't supposed to be placed in the world, and when I open MC, it fails to do so, and craps out. I figured out the crapped out block ID is, for me, 188:3. This is odd because I set 188 to be the Adv. Machines, and 189 to be the arrays.

I am not a coder. That said, I do believe I know how to save my world. 1) I need to get a version of advanced machines that doesn't add 188:3 block-o-death, but that would make minecraft say "waah, I give up, i don't know what this block is". 2) I need to make some other mod that will serve to "plug the hole in the dam" and will say "I know what block 188:3 is! it's________" so that I can get back into my world and delete said block, then remove the temporary "plug" mod. Then, I could go back to 3.1.1 successfully, as long as I don't place this block-o-death again.

In order to do step 1, I simply have to backdate to Adv. Machines 3.0, since I haven't placed/created any solar arrays yet.

BUT, to do step 2, I need help. Could one of you handy-dandy-fancy-schmancy-magical-godlike coder folks whip up (or point me towards) a mod which does NOTHING but add a simple, static block, the ID (and damage value, that's the important part) of which is configurable? You could probably just make a copy of cobblestone or something, so you don't even need to make original textures! Or, if that's not doable, how about a mod along the same lines that would replace not just 188:3, but 188, 188:1, and 188:2 as well (ID 188 and all metadatas) I'm perfectly fine with having to replace every advanced machine, I do have Not Enough Items installed, I just want my world back!

This is an excelent idea! I don't really care too much either way with the smelt-in-place, but evaporating water would be sweet!

And I would like to further add to the light-mobs-on-fire: one thing i've noticed about the current laser is that it lights mobs on fire for a very short time, and sets flamable blocks on fire only rarely. How about it does 0 damage to a mob upon impact, but lights them on fire for an extended time? Also, it would be nice if it lit whatever block it hit on fire 100% of the time, almost like a ranged flint & steel! (I spawned in a pine forest biome, and am totally BURRIED in trees! No peaceful mobs ever spawn (not enought space/light), so I have to go on periodic slash-and-burn sprees, which gets annoying)

Ok, so Zippinus is out of action for the moment. Does anybody know if cpw's 1.23 fix still works for IC2 1.42? If the fix still worked after the change to 1.337b, would it still work for this newest version, or did something change that causes it to no longer work?

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, has anybody noticed that [at least] 2 new icons have been added to the listing below the message editor? (force field) :Force Field: and (superfuel) :Superfuel:

^ apparently the icon for superfuel doesn't work...

Ok, so from my own experiments and from what I've read here, here's a list of what's screwed up thus far:

• Zippinus is banned :(
    • Forge Ore dictionary doesn't work at the moment, but is currently being fixed (I hope)
    • In Zip's version, the advanced machines only receive direct redstone current (the indirect redstone thing made life tons easier; and, funny story, when I switched from 1.23 to Zip's version, my Rotary macerators weren't being redstoned, so I stuck a lever on it, and turned it on, and it blew up! :D Thankfully, none of the other machines broke, somehow, and I eventually determined it was because my charging bench MkIII was right next to the macerator, so the lever gave it redstone current too... if you have the charging bench add-on, you know what that does!
    • Lastly, the buildcraft pipes no longer work as expected with any of the advanced machines: so go unhook your contraptions now! For example, items pumped in through the top land in the slot where you put batteries, etc.

Aha, I've done it! Found the source of the problem! I discovered that the insertion pipe wasn't even putting the scrap into the MF if there was room for scrap, so after a few minutes of experimenting, I found that the insertion pipe was trying to force scrap into the redstone engine that was pumping out UU-matter! At least, that's what I think was happening; after breaking the engine that was next to the Insertion pipe, it worked like it was supposed to. Strangely, though the RS engine was messing with it, the pipe wasn't "connecting" to the engine, though... Anyway, here's a picture of my failed design. It's fixed now.

BTW, for anybody that uses Wireless Redstone with buildcraft, be careful, because BC pipes think that redstone transmitters/recievers have a valid inventory for items. X( Pipes WILL connect to them and screw things up (even though that wasn't the problem in this case)

Alright, here goes: I had a setup with my mass fabricator that would automatically pump scrap into it, through one of Zeldo's insertion pipes, such that when the mass fabricator was full, the next piece of scrap would go through a Redstone pipe and activate a mechanism which, to summarize, would turn on the mass fabricator long enough to use up the full stack of scrap, then turn it off again. With v. 1.23, the device worked perfect, and the MF was only on when there was scrap to burn. Then, I updated to v1.337b, and the MF got fixed so that it worked with Buildraft pipes in a logical way. I had to change my system around a little (connect pipes to the right faces), but the concept was the same. In this new version, the insertion pipe is underneath the MF and the wooden pipe pulling out UU-matter is on the right; the glass fiber cable is coming in from the back, and the redstone signal is from the top (with redpower wires). Sending scrap through the insertion pipe fills up the MF just right, but once there is a full stack of 64 scrap in the MF's lower slot, the next item to go through the insertion pipe vanishes instead of going down the fork to the Redstone pipe. I believe that it is somehow being "overstuffed" into the mass fabricator, but I don't know how that could be possible.

On a somewhat-related note, does a full MFSU with a redstone current still emit any "overflow" power it recieves? If I could set it up so that the mass fab is running off of my excess power full-time, that would make this strange glitch irrelevant.

This is my crashlog (obviously) and I really don't know what the heck is going on! I've got about 30ish mods installed, and if you're familiar with modloader, it loads them in order from top to bottom. It loaded the six listed (but says it loaded 7...) and when it tried to load IC 1.337b it crapped out and didn't even try to load the others... Anyway, I say this because, last time I successfully ran Minecraft I had the same version of Buildcraft and EE as right now, when it failed. Sooooo, I doubt it's a conflict between mods. Yet, if it isn't me/my computer, then why isn't this topic swamped with the same crashlog?.... Usually, any halfway intelligent person can figure out what the cause of a crash is by looking at the crash log, even if he/she doesn't know a single iota of coding (like me). However, I've never heard of a "ZLIB input stream"! WHAT IS GOING ON!! ?( :cursing: 8| X( :cursing: ;( :cursing: :cursing:

BTW, something tells me this is relevant: while trying to play detective on my own, I thought to open open up the IC2 .jar file. Yes, I have 7-zip, and yes, I can open the minecraft.jar file perfectly fine, but for the IC2.jar, I got the message, "Can not open file 'C:\.....industrialcraft-2-client_1.377b.jar' as archive". Did I somehow manage to download a corrupted version of 1.337b? Because, with my limited knowledge of coding, that's all I can think of.

One thing that would be nice to include on the "cables" page orthe HV transformer page is at what distances using HV cable is the most efficient way to go. I've tried to do the math, unsuccessfully (and that's depressing, I'm in AP Calc), but I can't figure out what point using HV cable is better than using gold cable. Thanks!

I found this by accidentally right-clicking on some of my cabling. :) If you use TMI, you may have noticed a strange "Unnamed" item at #228 (next to another "unnamed" at 229, I might add). This 228 is the item that drops if you use the wrench on insulated copper cables, and also on 2xinsulated gold cables. I haven't tested with fibres or HV cable. When this first happened, I was like, "lolwut?" and immediately tried to place it in the world; lo and behold, it turned into an insulated copper cable that I could break (with my fist this time) and pick up the item version of. So, no harm, no foul. But, rightclicking a gold cable will also drop the same item, which you can then place and break, but you recieve a COPPER cable again, not the gold. Your gold cable just got magically turned into a copper one. :( It's not gamebreaking, and MC didn't crash, but it's obviously something that shouldn't be happening.

If I may go out on a limb here, perhaps this is something left over from IC1? the sprite for 228 looks alot like the old-style cables... but that's just a guess.

8| ... Alblaka? You're starting to scare me...

So, let's all compre notes, so to speak. The wrench noise works fine, and the treetap noise works fine, too. But, my chainsaw's noise loops infinitely whenever I have it out, and after a while it gets really annoying, especially seeing as I use it as a replacement for my sword, so when I try to fight something, I can't hear if there's a creeper hissing behind me or anything like that. But the (diamond) drill for me makes no noises at all, under any conditions. Pulling it out, putting it away, nothing. I thought it was supposed to be like that, but apparently not. :| That's all the tools, and all the machines (that I've tried) make the correct noises, EXCEPT for the induction furnace. (I am running the Advanced Machines addon, and none of those machines have sounds, but i'm not complaining about htat here, my point is, could the Adv. Machines mod change the induction furnace somehow?)