Posts by Ragh

no nuke does this in real life because burning the gas creates heat which is used to fuel direcly so this should not be done with the reactor

I tink I didn't explain myself properly
    IC2 has the fermenters wich for some weird mechanic produces biogas with heat, weird mechanic in the sense of more heat more biogas
    a fermenter with an input of 100 hu produces enough biogas to run 5 semifluid generators at the same time wich will produce 80 eu/t (last time i checked)

what I want is a machine that does not use that much space and also new game mechanics

about the real life bit i was talkig about the combined cycle used in real life powerplants
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWEG7_3RBA0

maybe a new fermenter as well.. one made to take higher heat to fuel it and outputs more.. IE 100 HU/t gives more biogas int he new fermenter that in the turbine burns better/hotter to make more EU the normal generator or makes the KU to spin for more? ( make one block able to do all for simplicities sake/easier upgrade?)

how about a fuel echancer

I was playing with 5x5 reactor and found there are 3 ways of making eU
    first is with stirlings, giving 0.5 eu per hu, they are relatively safe and easy to put together
    second is steam, giving 0.75 eu per hu, complicated to put, expensive and dangerous
    third is biogas, giving 0.8 eu per hu, not as complicated like steam, safe as stirlings, and reallly expensive and spacious

main problem is space, 1200 hu 5x5 reactor uses:
    12 stirling gens
    6 steam gen and 3 steam turbines (if you do not use pipes)
    12 fermenters and 60 semifluid generators and a lot of piping

so I suggest a gas turbine, eats biogas and spits ku, energy efficiency should be like normal semifluid generators(or lower), blade should be of advanced alloy + purified iron + obsidian dust mix.

bonus points if gas turbine spits hot air that can be put in a liguid heat exchanger like in real life

I would say that IC2 fermenters are a great way to get a lot of power out of a nuclear reactor, I would not say they are a competitive means to get a lot of power out of plants.

dunno , i have a 5x5 reed patch (growth is arround 15-20) and it supplies an automated fermenter/semifluidgenerator/semifluidheater array, produces 500 eu-tick like forever, cost me arround 180 blocks of iron and cooper, and twice of that for tin

I figured the way to use steam

you need a steam generator filled with distiled water and a heat source it needs 100 hu of input, and configure so it spits 1 mb
    then place a kinetic steam generator next, put the turbine in and a fluid ejector upgrade so it spits distilled water back to the steam generator
    then place a condenser netx to the kinetic steam generator and put a fluid ejector upgrade so it spits distilled water back to the kinetic steam generator and you create a closed system that never runs out of distilled water with no evil buildcraft pipes

if you can input 200 hu to the steam generator set it up at 221 bar and 1 mb
    it will produce superheated steam
    then place a kinetic steam generator next, put the turbine in and a
    fluid ejector upgrade so it spits distilled water back to the steam
    generator
    then place ahother kinetic steam generator next, put the turbine in and a
    fluid ejector upgrade so it spits distilled water back to the last machine
    then place a condenser netx to the kinetic steam generator
    and put a fluid ejector upgrade so it spits distilled water back to the
    kinetic steam generator and you create a closed system that never runs
    out of distilled water (it will lose arround 500 -2000 mb when you start it) with no evil buildcraft pipes (and no evil costly fluid regutators/distributors)

this is my 5x5 reactor set up