Posts by SynfulChaot

I guess I am highly curious as to what makes the energy net so difficult to work on and why it's been broken since IC2exp's inception. Also why everyone seems loathe to fix what really does seem to be IC2exp's glaringly-obvious Achilles heel. I mean ... isn't it just an evolution of the IC2 Classic energy net? Can nothing be gleaned or adapted from that at all? If not, what about GregTech 5? Greg has managed to have a fully-functional IC2 Classic-like energy net for how long now? Is collaboration there impossible?

Speak for yourself.

I've found the same to be true. I mean ... I've found more solid documentation for GregTech than I have for IC2exp.

With all of the features that IC2exp keeps receiving ... I must admit complete and utter bafflement that the very backbone of the mod, the EU energy net, is still in a state of complete disarray. I mean ... I do welcome the features and changes, but at the current point in time, EU, the transformers, and the different types of cable might as well not exist. RF is currently deeper in features than EU is ... and that just feels wrong!

To me it seems that the lack of a properly functioning energy net is the reason that many have abandoned IC2exp. I feel that when the energy net again functions with more depth than RF that people will start returning to the mod again. The rest of the mod is there. There are all the features of IC2 classic, as well as many new ones. But ... the crippled backbone is a glaring omission in what is otherwise a wonderful mod.