Posts by Excalibur42

So i've been thinking, using the same kind of coding/functionality as the slots in a Nuclear Reactor where you can place different components to change how the Reactor runs, why not do the same with machines?

I mean this with a smaller amount of slots and without components interacting with each other. So each machine (Macerators, Extractors, Compressors, Recyclers, Electro/Induction Furnaces and Canning Machines) would have 4 slots in the GUI on the side. And in these slots you could place different Machine Upgrade Components that change how the machine works. Right now I can think of 4 different upgrades off the top of my head.

Speed Upgrade-
    Allows the machine operate 2x as fast with each upgrade

Energy Efficiency Upgrade-
    The machine uses less EU per operation (dunno about exact numbers for that one)

Item Storage Upgrade-
    The machine would have its own storage chamber so it has a Chest GUI on the side with 2 sections: Input and Output each being half a small chest.
    That way you can stack operations without having to handle it yourself. (And add compatibility for pipes to fill up said chest)
    (Only 2 of these per machine) So you can have a Large Chest worth of stuff for the machine to run for awhile without you needing to interfere

Voltage Input Upgrade-
    Increases the maximum input for the machine. for this one I can suggest different tiers of upgrades: Medium Voltage, High Voltage and Extreme
    This would also increase the actual energy storage the machine has alone. MFSU Intergrated Induction Furnace: HAYO!

Recipes:

First off a new sort of component for the upgrades: A Machine Upgrade Integrator, this allows the upgrades to actually 'plug-in' to the machine (If you wanted to get into the reason for having this extra recipe)

:Intergrated Plating: =Empty Slot

:EC Meter: =Machine Upgrade Integrator

:Copper Dust: = Redstone Dust

:Tin Can: = RE Battery

Machine Upgrade Integrator:

:Cable: :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Ingot:

:Electronic Circuit: :Cable: :Copper Ingot:

:Cable: :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Ingot:

Speed Upgrade: (I don't really know what it would be lol, just an idea)

:Cable: :Copper Dust: :Cable:

:Cable: :EC Meter: :Cable:

:Tin Ingot: :Refined Iron: :Tin Ingot:

Energy Efficiency Upgrade:

:Intergrated Plating: :EC Meter: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: :Tin Can: :Intergrated Plating:

:Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell: :Electrolyzed Water Cell:

Item Storage Upgrade

:Intergrated Plating: :Personal Safe: :Intergrated Plating:

:Cable: :Electronic Circuit: :Cable:

Voltage Input Upgrade
    :Intergrated Plating: :LV-Transformer: :Intergrated Plating:

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

(Replace LV Transformer with respective Voltage Transformer to get Higher Tier upgrades)